What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaf damage in coco

Dr.NO

Hello all. I'm growing Inzane in the Membrane from Ethos Genetics in coco using the 6/9 General Hydroponics feeding. Recently a few leaves here and there are showing some damage. It doesn't seem to be a big problem as it is slow moving and not widespread, but I'd rather it not be happening. The plants are healthy otherwise.

picture.php

picture.php

How long has this problem been going on? ~2 weeks
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? Yes
What system are you running? Hand watered in 5 and 10 gallon fabric pots, I know 10 is a lot
What STRAIN are you growing? Inzane in the Membrane
What was the establishing technique? Clone
What is the age of your plants? Ten weeks in coco
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? Ten weeks
How tall are the plants? 1.5 to 3.5 feet
What PHASE are the plants in? Flowering
What Technique are you using? Topped in wide screen
What substrate/medium are you using? Coco
What is the Water temperature? ~75F
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? White, not slimy
What Nutrient's are you using? General Hydroponics Micro/Bloom 6ml/9ml
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? 6ml Micro/9ml Bloom per gallon
How often are you feeding? Daily
How often are you giving nutrients? Daily
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? No switch until around week 5-6
What order are you mixing your nutrients? Micro, Bloom then pH down
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? ~600 ppm
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.8-6.0
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? Daily
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? Not totally sure but it seems accurate
When was your last watering? Today
What is your water temps? ~75F
When was your last feeding change? No change just 6/9
How often do you clean your system? Never flushed
What size bulb are you using? 600 watt LEDs, says they're comparable to 400 watt HPS
How old is the bulbs you are using? 5 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 2 feet
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 40-60
What is the canopy temperature? 68F-77F
What is the Day/Night Temp? 68F-77F
What is the current Air Flow? Two 6 inch fans
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 8 inch exhaust to come one when smell intensifies, grow tent is kept open currently
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes, at the canopy
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard
What water are you using? Tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? 200-250
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? Fan leaves removed here and there, nothing extensive
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

Thanks!

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hello all. I'm growing Inzane in the Membrane from Ethos Genetics in coco using the 6/9 General Hydroponics feeding. Recently a few leaves here and there are showing some damage. It doesn't seem to be a big problem as it is slow moving and not widespread, but I'd rather it not be happening. The plants are healthy otherwise.

View Image

View Image

How long has this problem been going on? ~2 weeks
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? Yes
What system are you running? Hand watered in 5 and 10 gallon fabric pots, I know 10 is a lot
What STRAIN are you growing? Inzane in the Membrane
What was the establishing technique? Clone
What is the age of your plants? Ten weeks in coco
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now? Ten weeks
How tall are the plants? 1.5 to 3.5 feet
What PHASE are the plants in? Flowering
What Technique are you using? Topped in wide screen
What substrate/medium are you using? Coco
What is the Water temperature? ~75F
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? White, not slimy
What Nutrient's are you using? General Hydroponics Micro/Bloom 6ml/9ml
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? 6ml Micro/9ml Bloom per gallon
How often are you feeding? Daily
How often are you giving nutrients? Daily
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? No switch until around week 5-6
What order are you mixing your nutrients? Micro, Bloom then pH down
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using? ~600 ppm
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.8-6.0
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? Daily
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? Not totally sure but it seems accurate
When was your last watering? Today
What is your water temps? ~75F
When was your last feeding change? No change just 6/9
How often do you clean your system? Never flushed
What size bulb are you using? 600 watt LEDs, says they're comparable to 400 watt HPS
How old is the bulbs you are using? 5 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 2 feet
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 40-60
What is the canopy temperature? 68F-77F
What is the Day/Night Temp? 68F-77F
What is the current Air Flow? Two 6 inch fans
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? 8 inch exhaust to come one when smell intensifies, grow tent is kept open currently
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? Yes, at the canopy
Is your water HARD or SOFT? Hard
What water are you using? Tap
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? 200-250
Are you using water from a water softener? No
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched? Fan leaves removed here and there, nothing extensive
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? No
Are plant's infected with pest's? No

Thanks!
Mildew.

No doubt. You need increase the airflow and start pruning the lower branches and leaves.

This will also put more energy in the flowers and buds.

You can double check by smelling the leaf. If it doesn't smell green and fresh, but smells mouldy, that's what it is.

--

There are many kinds of mildew, and they are not all powdery.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/mildew-cannabis/

However what is characteristic is that there are parchment colored spots, surrounded by yellowing leaf material, surrounded by green leaf material. This is the fungus slowly expanding from it's original infection site.

It is also important to displace parasitic fungi with beneficial fungi, the earlier in the grow the better. Compost tea, or spraying with Bacilis Subtilis, or cultivating the mycorrhizal fungi with carbon and calories, which is what I do. There are also uv lights that destroy mildew on exposure. Just a few options, however prevention is still the best. Good airflow also increases the metabolism of the plant which makes it grow faster. :)

Last edited:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The day night time temp difference has degraded the lamina on the tops. That is salt stress the necrosis from your fertiliser. You say you don't use chemicals but you also list them :) Your exhaust fan isn't working enough either & the canopy fan isn't required in any tent grow if you set it up with optimal light for the area. Try to get the thing running smoothly & things will improve.

Dr.NO

Damn, you are so experienced. Maybe you have got the answer.

Lol I'm not that experienced, I took a long time off from growing and any grows from the past were much smaller scale than I am doing now. Though perhaps I did have the answer tucked away somewhere collecting dust!

TanzanianMagic- Good info thanks! I'll focus more on mildew prevention.

The day night time temp difference has degraded the lamina on the tops. That is salt stress the necrosis from your fertiliser. You say you don't use chemicals but you also list them :) Your exhaust fan isn't working enough either & the canopy fan isn't required in any tent grow if you set it up with optimal light for the area. Try to get the thing running smoothly & things will improve.

Thanks for your reply. The question about chemicals asks if I use PEST chemicals, which I do not. The General Hydroponics are chemical ferts though. I'll get the exhaust up and running!