What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody ever use The Botanicare Slide Bench System??

So I have multiple tables of the new botanicare slide benchs, right now i'm putting in my 3/4" conduit trellis supports and I've noticed the trellis support mounts are loose and move up and down; this thing will never hold the tension of my netting. Anybody with any experience with this? Any tips on stabilizing trellis supports of 50' long tables?

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Hmmm. I looked at the photo of the trellis support on the website and it seems that it is a weak design.
It says that the trellis support also secures the tray so you cant really mess with it.
Maybe PVC would be more rigid than the conduit?
Looks like you may be able to drill hole and secure with a screw or clamp at the base of the trellis support where it latches onto the lip of the tray to prevent it from moving it up and down.
Just throwing ideas out there ... perhaps you need to create some cross supports between the vertical trellis supports to stabilize the structure and prevent lateral movement and keep your lengths of trellis shorter than 50 feet. Say, Five ten foot long sections instead of one 50 foot section.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well without a pic or a link i'm a bit lost here, but i do love seeing one captain helping another, so had to post, lmao.

B

bench warmer

Ahoy mateys! I’ve built these recently and find them adequate. Not nearly as sturdy as Hove or Nexus tables but much faster delivery to my location.
We’ll use conduit and possibly add bracing.
picture.php

picture.php

B

bench warmer

Not bad. It will be interesting to see how the material holds up over the years.

benches look sweet. How are they other then the trellis issue?

Garbage.

Joints that connect that tables together leak if not cleaned with alcohol before sealing.

The handles are not strong enough to move tables if your tables are over 30ft long. Not only that, but depending on the height of your table the handles get caught on your pockets/ belt/ pruner hoster/ etc...

Trellis support is absolute trash.

I would never recommend these to anybody.

Next 8 grow rooms that come online will all be IGE.

B

bench warmer

Garbage.

Joints that connect that tables together leak if not cleaned with alcohol before sealing.

The handles are not strong enough to move tables if your tables are over 30ft long. Not only that, but depending on the height of your table the handles get caught on your pockets/ belt/ pruner hoster/ etc...

Trellis support is absolute trash.

I would never recommend these to anybody.

Next 8 grow rooms that come online will all be IGE.

Yeah, I can understand your disappointment. They’re not as ruggedly built as other sliding bench systems I’ve used. Just convenient with respect to how much faster I could get these versus the more solid brands.

These are on 20 inch legs so not going to catch on pockets. The handles are unnecessary imo too. I’ll report back on how these tables and their upright supports worked for me in a few of months.

Peace