What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anybody have any experience with the Hyperfan Temp Speed Controller?

coooper

Its funny you ask seeing as i just bought a new 8 inch hyper fan and the clerk at the hydro store tried selling me on this but i was not interested atm. But it sounded appealing.

To answer your question, this is directly from Sunlight Supply's website on the controller, "
The Hyper Fan® Speed Controller is extremely easy to use. Set the two dials and you will have complete control of your environment. The Hyper Fan® Fan/Controller combo has the lowest energy use of any fan/controller system out today. The controller thermostatically changes the fans RPM/ Speed as needed. For use with EC Hyper Fans only. All wire connections included."

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Its funny you ask seeing as i just bought a new 8 inch hyper fan and the clerk at the hydro store tried selling me on this but i was not interested atm. But it sounded appealing.

To answer your question, this is directly from Sunlight Supply's website on the controller, "
The Hyper Fan® Speed Controller is extremely easy to use. Set the two dials and you will have complete control of your environment. The Hyper Fan® Fan/Controller combo has the lowest energy use of any fan/controller system out today. The controller thermostatically changes the fans RPM/ Speed as needed. For use with EC Hyper Fans only. All wire connections included."
I too have an 8" HF.. this controller sounds good but I've always been very apprehensive of what the manufacturer has to say cuse they are the manufacturer and have the most to gain ($$$) they will say anything to sell more goods via marketing verbiage that isnt always the whole truth. Any first hand users comments are always best.

iboga

i run 1 10" hyper fan on extraction and 1 8" in inlet running through the hyper fan controller works like a dream just set the temp and fan speed and that's it, keeps the temp within 1 degree of your setting. Hope this helps

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I second that

I second that

I have been using one on a 10” fan for a while and it’s been perfect. I set a low minimum speed and it keeps the temp below the setting. I never hear it running and it’s been warm for a while.

coooper

Ok for anyone wondering. I did go ahead and get the controller and it works great. My temps are easily controlled with it. When i go into the garden and check my Max/Min on my hygrometers, they are well within my acceptable ranges. Go ahead and spend the $100 on the controller if youve been considering it. Really helps out in automated control of the garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts