What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dosatron Water Powered Nutrient Doser

p0opstlnksal0t

This is a different controller but its probably just fine powering 2 valves simultaneously on a single channel..

https://community.rachio.com/t/controlling-multiple-valves-with-one-channel/19722

Basically I just wire the main dosatron feed and the bypass off the same channel and when I program that channel to energize the bypass opens and dosatron feed closes this giving me fresh water as long as I can set that channel to run for a whole day while the other channels do their thing I should be ok

TPFTFW

Veteran
So does the be basically have to use salts for this to work?

If it’s good for hydro and drip lines will it work for this?

p0opstlnksal0t

That looks like a motorized ball valve. Not a solenoid valve. Good idea. Expensive but awesome.

well crap that one I listed was actually a hydraulic pin type not an electronic solenoid. Actually I can't find any PVC style normally open irrigation valves until you get into process style valves like this one. Yeah it's 85 bucks but that's a small price to pay for the convenience of having fresh water bypass all in the same wifi control

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200704-072429_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200704-072429_Chrome.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200704-072446_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200704-072446_Chrome.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 21

p0opstlnksal0t

Start one up buddy I'm about to make some cat renderings of the dosatron solenoid piping stands with bypass and whatnot I'll start posting in there

ganjourno

bump bump bump..
May I please ask a little help on using cns17 with doseatrons. I have 3 units that i can use. 1 will be for ph down, and the other 2 i will use for the remaining:
-CNS17 Bloom
-Cal-Mag
-Hydroguard
-Silica Blast
I know some of them cannot be combined together in the same bottle, so my question is which ones can i put together in order for me to have the 4 remaining nutrients into 2 bottles?

I run CNS in pro-mix and nothing else. No PH adjuster. No calmag. Just CNS. I use the veg and bloom but not the ripe - it makes my lines moldy and I don't see any real impact in the buds.

Dilute the CNS 2:1 with clean water for your feed bucket and feed at ~1200ppm, 3-4 short waterings per day with some runoff each time. Hitting over 2GPW with this method. PH adjuster is only needed for recirc. If drip to waste, all you have to do is feed at the right strength and often enough that the root zone is always at the right salt concentration.

ganjourno

It does have two sensor ports.

I'm thinking that the simplest solution though might be to have a normally open valve feeding the dosatrons and the bypass would use a normally closed valve. I wire them together and when I designate that channel to energize the feed header closes and the bypass valve opens simultaneously. Allowing me to run the whole system off of the controller

Why the need to make the bypass electric? I just plumbed in a manual bypass with two ball valves that shunts clean water around the doser line into the feed line:
- one ball valve inline between the master solenoid and the first doser. Normally open when dosers are active
- once bypass valve between the master solenoid and the outlet of the last doser. Normally closed when dosers are active.

Simply toggle both valves to feed clean water. The inline valve prevents any backflow through the dosers. Simple, reliable, and cheap.

CXMMmUO.png

Last edited:

CrushnYuba

Why the need to make the bypass electric? I just plumbed in a manual bypass with two ball valves that shunts clean water around the doser line into the feed line:
- one ball valve inline between the master solenoid and the first doser. Normally open when dosers are active
- once bypass valve between the master solenoid and the outlet of the last doser. Normally closed when dosers are active.

Simply toggle both valves to feed clean water. The inline valve prevents any backflow through the dosers. Simple, reliable, and cheap.

View Image

You need to put a check valve in that or a third ball valve on the outlet

ganjourno

why's that? no reverse flow is possible as the water always only has a single forward path. In any case, you'd put a backflow preventer between the solenoid and the main water supply.

Latest posts

Latest posts