What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breakfast Anytime

cannadelic

I'm a big fan of breakfast meals @ any given hour. Fast, tasty, filling and cheap whether at home or on the road, in fact the title of this thread is one of my favorite signs to see when pulling up to a restaurant for the first time.

Tonight (this morning) I'll be having Johnsonville Brown Sugar & Honey breakfast sausage links, 3 eggs scrambled & a bagel.

When I'm having bacon I buy only Wrights thick sliced Hickory smoked from Wal-Mart or Sams Club, it is superior on several levels.

other breakfasts I'll have anytime might be a pillsbury toaster strudel or a bowl of cereal as an energy boosting sugar fix. I'd even bet there's a cereal thread in here somewhere as it's got to be a favorite fast munchie for most stoners. Occasionally I'll go on a waffle binge straight up or replacing the eggs in a full breakfast.

any other breakfast anytime fans in the mansion?

I'm a big fan of breakfast meals @ any given hour. Fast, tasty, filling and cheap whether at home or on the road, in fact the title of this thread is one of my favorite signs to see when pulling up to a restaurant for the first time.

Tonight (this morning) I'll be having Johnsonville Brown Sugar & Honey breakfast sausage links, 3 eggs scrambled & a bagel.

When I'm having bacon I buy only Wrights thick sliced Hickory smoked from Wal-Mart or Sams Club, it is superior on several levels.

other breakfasts I'll have anytime might be a pillsbury toaster strudel or a bowl of cereal as an energy boosting sugar fix. I'd even bet there's a cereal thread in here somewhere as it's got to be a favorite fast munchie for most stoners. Occasionally I'll go on a waffle binge straight up or replacing the eggs in a full breakfast.

any other breakfast anytime fans in the mansion?

I also love breakfast foods at anytime of the day. Wright's bacon is good. I love their applewood smoked bacon. I cook and use that bacon on everything, especially homemade pizza. :)

Being from the Mid-Atlantic area, I love a food called Scrapple. With eggs, toast and applesauce, it is divine! I've tried to make it from scratch but it's not the same if you don't have a meat grinder.

I come from a family that loves big breakfasts. My grandma used to grow blueberries in the backyard so blueberry muffins or pancakes were always offered Sunday morning before church with bacon, sausage, scrapple, eggs, hash browns made from scratch from the potatoes she grew, grits, toast and apple juice from the apples in her backyard.

you should try a full english breakfast nothing beats them anytime of the day bacon sausage eggs tomatoes fried bread baked beans hash browns and black pudding

cannadelic

I've not tried any Scrapple in all of my travels but surely would if offered. I did try the stuffed french toast @ a NYC joint called the Cupping Room and it was to die for, I keep dreaming of going back but it's quite far from me.

that sounds a lot like a truckers breakfast stoned 1, back in the 70s we'd go hunting in Roscoe NY & of course we'd hit the world famous Roscoe Diner for their 'WHOA' special which was served heaped up on a platter.

I'm about to have some breakfast for breakfast.

spring fed

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chicken fried steak with sausage gravy, home fries with peppers/onions, eggs, biscuit on the side, coffee and oj.

whodair

Veteran
bagel wars in brooklyn

bagel wars in brooklyn

someones been driving from montreal twice a week to bring us their version !!

picture.php

cannadelic

someones been driving from montreal twice a week to bring us their version !!

picture.php

you from bklyn bro?

that's my old stompin' grounds

there's nothing better than a NYC bagel vid a schmear! make mine an everything bagel!

in fact I wouldn't stop @ a bagel shop twice if their everything bagel didn't include kosher salt, for whatever reason some places didn't include kosher salt as one of the ingredients on an everything bagela.

it been years since I've had a decent bialy too.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Shrimp & grits w/ 2 eggs (sunny side up) and fresh sausage, cooked over fire. Break the yolkes and mix into the grits, add a little hot sauce, green onions and OJ.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hooray for breakfast!

i make biscuits and gravy, pancakes, french toast, covered and smothered hashbrowns, and my famous kielbasa scramble, feeds about 10-12 people, or me for a week, lol:

10# hash browns (I use frozen as its easier) cooked and browned, seasoned with garlic salt, and fresh black pepper
2# of sliced kielbases, fried with 3 large onions, and a bell pepper or two.
8 large eggs, scrambled
1# of cheese, I use a 4-cheese blend

Mix the cooked meat/onion mix with the hashbrowns on a big griddle (huge is best) then pour the egg mix over it, and mix well. Then when cooked through cover with the cheese, and serve with a scoop of country gravy over the top, or ketchup is good too.

heart attack on a plate, but you won't be hungry all day!

cannadelic

I'd been toying with the idea of doing an egg bake breakfast lately, not so tough to do of course just egg topping to a hot potato, meat & cheese dish below.

any good recipes out there you guys? Lazyman's kielbasa scramble got me thinking of the egg bake again. I'm usually cooking for one unless we're partying here so simplicity rules in my kitchen.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I have another recipe for a cheesy onion hash brown bake and one for a ham/cheese/pepper bread pudding (kind of a souffle) that is really good, I will go find you the recipes (copied from a bed and breakfast I stayed at) and post them in a bit.

My friends and I, who were stoned at the time, made this breakfast bake out of muffin mix (I think it was Bisquick), eggs, onion, frozen shredded potatoes, cheese (I think we had sharp cheddar) and cooked, crumbled applewood smoked bacon with the fat removed. Then it was all mixed together, but we still followed the muffin mix instruction and added a little but of water and it it in huge deep pan and baked it. Maybe it was because we were stoned, hungry and it smelled so good that as soon as it was done, we crushed it. :)

cannadelic

oh boy was that good, crisp & fluffy belgian waffle, bananas, berries, bacon <--- all the good stuff begins with a 'b'

MamaBudz

I am inspired to make pancakes and some ham steaks for breakfast tomorrow ~ but if I wanted to really go local I would have the traditional ENCEBOLLADO DE ATUN

... wait for it ...

...onion and tuna soup in a tomato stock with yuca and cilantro and topped with fried green plantain ...

Now before you turn green, understand that it is not only quite deilcious and really does hit the spot, it is a perfect hangover cure (and not simply because if you can stomach that you weren't really hungover, it really does work!)

YES BREAKFAST RULES! Gimme some french toast, hashbrowns with scrambled eggs some toast and coffee, and a large milk! thats how to start the day:)