What's new

Is it overkill with 3 x 600w in 4x8 growtent?

eyyo

Hey....I have 3 lights in my 4x8 grow tent, before i had no heat problems but now i got.. i have 32c and humidity 40%...I figuring on maybe take away one lamp.....Its 600watters....What you think. take one away or just raise the lights?

Maybe just overkill with 3x600w?

Heres how it looked 9 days ago....now its budding...
picture.php

picture.php

It'd be best to have the light, your spread would be stretched too far. However the heat will probably hurt more than lack of light. Have you ever seen the barrel full of water diagram? each vertical plank in the barrel represents a variable in ur grow ie. heat, temp, nutes. The water level can only be as high as your lowest plank.

Your light may be going unused if you're plants are being hindered due to heat.

toastfighter2

I think that 3*600w lamps shouldn't really be a problem in a tent that size, as long as you have a big enough fan exhausting all the heat they make.

B

Bud Bug

I would do it but with 32C already you'd have to use air cooled reflectors. That 600 is gonna add about 2600+ btu of heat.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont think that is over kill but i think you need to up your exhaust system, being at 32C meaning around 90F, if you can up your exhaust system or add another fan i think you could lower it a couple degree, add a portable ac and i think you can get them down to 80 or lower,
looks great
cheers m8

blackone

Veteran
What are your ambient temps? They look healthy enough - Could you show recent pics?
32 might not be a problem as long as they have enough water and EC isn't too high.

eyyo

Thanks for the answers....Ive got a pretty big fan but i will think of an ac.....Do ac dehumidify to? Like a dehumidifier so you can save the water?

I will try to give you some pics tomorrow. I water with irrigationsystem, 15 min x 4times when lights on...

Equilibrium

I have the exact same tent as you, running two 600 watts with 13 plants bigger than yours.

I think you could take down one lamp to ease the temps. Think we're still in winter and it will get way hotter than now a bit later. Where do you take your temp? At the canopy level or somewhere else? You could be surprised how much the temps vary from one spot to another. I did the test a few days ago: ambient temp:22° canopy temp:32°

So yeah if I were you I would take out one lamp to be able to control the temperature and avoid suffering for the plants. You could put it back once you're advanced in flo and they need those precious extra watts.
Did you think about putting a little fan under blowing at the bulbs so the heat gets dispersed?

Anyway I really like your setup, nice job so far. What strain are you growing BTW?

STRAINZ

i dont think that is over kill but i think you need to up your exhaust system, being at 32C meaning around 90F, if you can up your exhaust system or add another fan i think you could lower it a couple degree, add a portable ac and i think you can get them down to 80 or lower,
looks great
cheers m8

Right on!

Also, fyi... I run 2 600's in the same space and pull between 2-2.5 lbs!

Good Luck

r543

I've been told by a commerical grower in amsterdam that 3 1000watts is perfect for a 4x8 area. There is a big difference in bud formation using 1000's over 600. I have two clones of the same mum growing side by side in the tent currently and the difference is astounding....

Here is a pick of my tent. Im using 600x1000x600. I use a 6" 449cfm fan that draws air out of the tent through the charcoal filter at the top of the tent. This removes most of the ambiant heat. With all the lights on I range from 23.5-26.2 C .

eyyo

Hi!

I opened a window and the temperature went down to 29c. I hope thats "cold" enough......Summer i will need AC.
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts