What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tutorial Ventilation 101

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
One sensor pod finally stopped talking with the display module. For $27 for the set, and over 3 years, that’s OK with me. I was ordering another when the idea to post the recommendation came up.

I decided to run the dehuey last night to get the RH down. The dehuey heats the air too, so I wanted to be able to see the results as the night progressed, as I lay in bed in the other part of the house. The current run is half way through flowering and humidity is more important I think than cool temps at this stage to prevent mold. I liked the results I saw on the monitor.

During lights on the humidity and temps at the soil are several points different from the tops, but at night they are a lot closer.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I got another set of these cause the old #2 sensor pod quit working. The new #2 transmits on the same frequency and now I have 2 remote displays reading the tent info, and spare #1 and #3 pods. So one display in the lung room, one near my bed at night.

#1 is on the intake air filter, #2 is at soil height, #3 is at canopy height. I can see the air changing as it moves through the tent. This allows me to decide if the lung room or tent devices like fans or the light need to be adjusted.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
@flylowgethigh Those sensors add helpful info from particular areas of the grow. You have all the goodies to maintain an optimum environment: a humidifier, dehumidifier, good ventilation, a lung room, and proper lighting levels.:respect: Having made that effort definitely shows in your grows.

I was wondering. What controller are you using? If any, are you making adjustments based on the sensors?

I like being able to see how things like a Huey or dehuey, wall banger ac unit, space heater, etc… affect the steady state conditions without having to get up and go look during the night.

I got another set of these cause the old #2 sensor pod quit working. The new #2 transmits on the same frequency and now I have 2 remote displays reading the tent info, and spare #1 and #3 pods. So one display in the lung room, one near my bed at night.

#1 is on the intake air filter, #2 is at soil height, #3 is at canopy height. I can see the air changing as it moves through the tent. This allows me to decide if the lung room or tent devices like fans or the light need to be adjusted.