What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavita 1000de vs CMH 630w ?

CaptainDankness

Well one of my old 600w hps ballasts just died. I know I seen some claim the 630 CMH is better than a 1,000w light. But the Gavitas always sounded better than both to me.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i got '2' 315 cmh's in a 4x3.5ft tent and imo no way does it approach a 1000w mh/hps- no way... next grow i'm going to try and use a 1000w.... my problem as it is for many....heat...

CaptainDankness

Well I'm probably going to go with the DE just probably not Gavita. Supposedly there are some that actually throw more light and are a bit cheaper.

CaptainDankness

just spotted these new DE 1000 CMH, looks like 20 will be ordered and ran in a room here
Nice, that actually sounds like the best of both worlds.

Now is the spectrum actually better than say the Hortalux Eye? I mean I would imagine so but I do have to research these CMH's a little more. When I started growing indoor we didn't even have LED'S. Lol

Those Gavita plasm lights looked interesting too. I know years ago some video about plasma lights had me absolutely convinced that was the future. They were only talking about street lights but, yeah they outperformed HID street lights. Definitely more potential than LED I would think.

But yeah, I love the sound of a DE 1000w CMH!! I can wait until they bust out at least a 600w plasma. Honestly I'd wait until they proved to be better than HID on the forums.... Lol, but a 1000w chm can't hurt with the overall spectrum in my room. I don't have two of the same bulbs in my rooms just because the different spectrums are reflecting to the others ,(at least in my mind.) Lol