What's new

FIRST GROW (7x7 tent 2000w)

mattijuanaaa

YO ICMAG!

New to the forums and growing in general so just wanted to drop in and get you guys an idea of what I have going on...I moved to Denver from southern Louisiana in July of last year ('13)...due to my extremely anal approach to anything i do and my current living situation (high rise apartment) i didn't start growing the first 6 months I was here...well the motor on my s2000 blew unexpectedly (failed oil squirter) so I'm stuck needing a new motor...a friend had some nice grow equipment and vegged plants lying around he was willing to sell me for cheap so I figured it'd be a good way to get a couple dollars in the door...recently a friend offered me all his plants 42 days in so I went ahead and scooped up the 2 that I could fit (facewreck haze and chem4) so heres my setup:

HARDWARE:
6.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 lighthouse hydro tent
(2) 1000w raptor 8
(2) nextgen digital ballast
(2) hurricane 6" fan as intake(low) and exhaust(high) plumbed to and from window
(1) hurricane 8" fan as exhaust for hoods
control wizard climate controller
(1) wind king oscillating fan

SOFTWARE:
pro-mix w myco
roots organic original
botanicare kind
botanicare cal mag
botanicare vitamino
GH koolbloom powder
mother earth molasses
OG tea special sauce
pro-tekt silica
dyna-gro neem oil
hormex b1
roottech rooting gel
azamax
PM wash

GENETICS:

flower:
dj shorts flo-day 33
temple flo-day 33
chem 4-day 49
chem '91-day 33
facewreck haze-day 49
SFV OG-day 33
chocolope kush-day 33
NYCD-day 33
headband (3 leaf trait)-day 33

veg:
space helmet
R4
lemon g13
gorilla glue #4

That's pretty much what I'm working with at the moment...will update with pics when the lights turn on in the morning...also will post a few questions in the comments...thanks for looking!

mattijuanaaa

ok...questions....

1.your thoughts on OG tea special sauce? the guys at the grow store told me its the best shit since sliced bread but a few buddies have told me its just "snake oil"....seems when I use it in my pro-mix (soilless) it causes lots of ph problems...anyone else noticing this?

2.your suggestions on a nutrient schedule? manager of grow store said run an A and B schedule...one feeding give them nutes, silica, and koolbloom...alternate feeding give them special sauce, vitamino, and molasses...some people are telling me to use all at once.

3.some of my buddies say that they use silica as ph up and others tell me that using silica last causes a nutrient lockout? any feedback?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
if you really want help i suggest reading all these threads in this new growers forum. no one's gonna come hold your hand and walk you through a 2kw grow when you have 0 experience.

mattijuanaaa

didn't ask or expect anyone to hold my hand....never once stated that....just had a few simple questions that are obviously debatable and wanted someone hands on feedback...not some holier-than-thou "ur in too deep"

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Ill try to answer ur ?s og tea i have no clue never used it or seen it... never try things cuz the guy at the hydro store said so with no research. ..Putting silica in first is best in ro i put calmag first at 5 ml a gallon... out of habit... but if u fuckup phdown bit to low a little extra silica to get it back up is a good solution... pretty sure everyone done it before...
As for feeding i wouldn't over complicate things... thats alot of shit u got for a newb and id def.keep n eye out for nanners on the chem 4 she dont like stress.. i can only imagine moving a chem 4 on day 42 .. fukin Colorado lol... must be a site 2 raptors in 6.5x6.5 them hoods r huge..plan on an ac for 2k heat is comin... peace