What's new

New Grower- first HillyBilly Kush

Hi all, I'm back again. So I haven't had a real successful grow yet. I had two beautiful sour diesel ladies that were just going into the flowering stage when a police K9 ruined my grow. Although he never came to my apartment I was forced to try to smuggle the girls out of the building just in case and they were destroyed in the process.

SO......

I have since moved to a private residence NOT in an apartment building. Keyword "NOT"

Still I am forced to start again. So I'll start at the beginning. I am a indoor soil grower. I use CFL's and a 24" fluorescent grow bar. I would like to upgrade but for now that is what I have to work with. I use espoma bio-tone organic fertilizer and My own combo of Miracle Grow potting soil mixed with vermiculite, extra peat moss, perlite, and composted horse manure straw mix for some added nutes.

The seeds for this grow came from Seed-Bay my favorite seed provider. I am growing two strains and they are both from seed-bay.
The first strain is from Med-Man Brand and is called Silver Skunk BX1. I don't know any details on the genetics other than that.

The second strain Kabookie 13 Hillbilly Kush. These seeds were hand pollen chucked in 2011 and are a mostly Indica. The seeds are suppose to produce a medium height, medium to fast flowering plant. The genetics come from a cross hybrid of a Female RVL Hillbilly Haze and Hindu Kush pollenated with a Male Reeferman Seeds Early Purple Kush.

Both sets of seeds came from a reliable source and good genetics so I am expecting great results. The Silver Skunk BX1 seeds were much smaller than that of the Hillbilly Kush. However, they must have been very fresh as they germinated via moist paper towel in one day and have been placed in 8oz cups with soil. The Hillbilly Kush hasn't shown any signs of germination yet, but its only been 2 days. I am starting the seedlings on a 24/0 light cycle to help them in getting a good start. I have noticed that plants grown under 24/0 grow much faster than say 20/4 or 18/6 and sex faster when introduced to the 12/12 cycle. I also use The Cannabis Cultivation Complete Growers Guide 3rd edition by Mel Thomas as a reference and troubleshooting tool.

However, if anyone has any good tips, suggestions, or ideas for a newbie please I'm all ears.

Thank you. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts