What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For me?success or failure?

JungleBuddah

Hi all .. First solo grow with lemon haze clones,taken by amateur cloner pal of mine .. That had zero roots when i got them and wilted badly during/after transport .. Now i have done a grow before but these clones had smashing roots and it was a 3 way venture with more experienced guys (i dont see now tho) who kept there knowledge too themselves.. But i still learned a bit .. Lol

I have set this out my self - and it seems too be working - im running a 400w lumatek hps with auto pot system,at the moment the clones seem to be going all at different paces.. Im using formulex feed / rhizontic in the spray bottle which ive been using for handfeeding also as need to get some ph up for the main water tank as its 6.17 in the water butt and soil ph is 4.8? Yet in the pot tray the run off is 5.8? How can this be? Is my ph tester ko'd?

Temp is 27 / 30 c day n night humidity 54% day 30%ish night
when i switch the fan too low power..

BASICALLY im just asking for some help if you guys or gals see or have read above any big NO no's.. Just a touch nervous as striving for quality/success
Oh yeah used plant magic soil with feed for potting..
And also all 40+ of pals clones now dead..
Thanks for any help

its trypp

When making the clones, did you use any rooting solution or scarification to get them to root better? Also if you can make your own home made aero-propagator you will have a lot more success with the cloning process. There are some great cloning guides on these forums. I am still pretty new though so some others might have better information. Good luck mate.

JungleBuddah

I personally didnt create the clones but 3rd parties have said they have been cut incorrectly,i do know rooting gel was used but ive a feeling the powder may have been omitted .. Keeping a very close eye on the slower clones.. Yes i totally agree mate.. In the last 3 days ..
Ive learned more precise knowledge reading this sites forums than in a decade of spectatoring others grows.. And for that i thank you all /=]

its trypp

Haha of course. And I take it they didn't get the 45* cut right for the clones? If the clones haven't rooted into anything yet, it's not too late to give a shot at aero-propagation.

Here is one of the homemade tutorial for making one, and of course for smaller scale you can use equivalent smaller parts to make it :) Hope it helps man and hope they bounce back.

its trypp

(Also on another question you had earlier, and I can be completely wrong as I am definitely only going on a hunch with this, but as for the PH dropping in the runoff from what was originally poured in, I would say that since ph is a measure of acidity/alkeline that the soil absorbs some of of the alkeline properties causing it to become more acidic. As I said, it's a hunch and could be completely wrong, but if I am hopefully someone here will correct me ^_^ Or i might get bored and do some empirical tests for whims sake haha.) Cheers

RB56

Veteran
The medium just needs to be moist until they develop roots - nothing they can do with anything in the soil until they do.

Until they root you need to keep them turgid. You need to mist the leaves and probably use something as a humidity dome. You want to do as little misting and have the cuttings under the humidity dome as little as possible, basically staying on the not-wilted side of things but just barely. After a week or two you'll have roots and they will start pulling water and nutrients from the medium.

JungleBuddah

Thanks for the help guys.... I've bought a mini growhouse to keep the humidity up and it seems to be helping already ... I've switched onto bottled water to help the ph round the rooting zone and my[hoping for good advances to happen. .. temp now running at 30-33umidity 48-65

JungleBuddah

album.php