What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to manage growing multiple strains at once, specifically outdoor grow

Shadow122

I'm currently growing a variety seedling strains

• THC Bomb
  • Barneys Liberty Haze
  • Barneys Pineapple Chunk
  • Barneys L.S.D
  • assorted freebies
They are 2 weeks old, in Solo cups and I expect to up-pot this weekend and ultimately outdoors early June.

Seems I picked the seeds based on their individual qualities but never thought of the fact that each strain may require different handling ( feeding times/type, finishing period etc).

Does anyone have any tips on "managing" a multiple strain outdoor grow in one location/garden?

Thx for reading.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What you are doing is technically brilliant. You are staggering the harvest and growing diverse genetics hedging your bets that you will pull a harvest by not putting all your eggs in 1 basket.

I've never grown any of them strains and never will. They will however all want plenty of space light and nourishment. Most importantly a quality organic planting mix and supports for when they're big.

There is no management other than pruning/topping, tying in supports and de foliation as well as processing.

They will look after themselves as that is what they do, just don't fuck em up by growing them in small planters with crappy soil and shit synthetic nutrients, then they will be fine.

Only we growers ruin weed by fucking with it.

its trypp

If by managing you mean keeping track of what each takes, when each has been fed, where each one is, etc thats not that hard.

Say you have 5 strains, each needing different nutrient amounts. Take 5 1 gallon jugs and label each one for each strain, that way you dont water strain 1 with strain 4's water. Next, use any form that you are comfortable with in keeping track of what each takes, like a google dock chart, a whiteboard with it written down, etc. Keeping track of feeding, just use a calender and mark each day that you fed for each strain. For keeping track of where they are thats as easy as the small plastic tabs in the soil with the strains name on it.

Hope this helps and was part of what you were asking for :)

Latest posts

Latest posts