What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No trichomes

Kikola

Hiya

Just over 70 days ago i Started off my first grow. I decided on doing a Northern lights Auto By Royal Queen seeds.

She is 75 days gone from seed

I think she is looking great for my first...Although I'm a bit concerned as i would have thought she would be ready. but from what i already know she is far from it. I'm seeing hardly any Trichomes on any of the buds. I'm confused. Is this because of the strain or is there something Ive done. ?

thanxxx

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I looked up info on your Northern Lights. Seed packet says ~67 days. Reading further info....9-10 weeks. A lot of breeders are skewed about finish time. Often times it's 2-3 weeks off, from my experience.

Are you looking w/ magnifying glass or loupe?

Too, what light regimen do you have? 18/6 is a good setting throughout. And how much light (watts) are you using?

Does the plant look healthy otherwise?

I'm guessing you've still got 3 weeks, maybe a month (from what you mentioned) before harvest if trichs are not appearing. What about pistils....white and sturdy?

supermanlives

Veteran
strain most likely . I screwed up many plants as a newb. they still had thc,.the only thing I have ever used that reduced thc was bushmaster.some strains have less and smaller trichomes. ya never know till ya smoke it how good it is . I have had a strain before that showed little trichomes and was still good altho its rare for me . mine are usually really frosty an covered. hang in there

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I was wondering if she is showing buds at this time? As mentioned you need some kind of magnification .you can't see them with the naked eye.A 30x loupe works great.

Hope that helps some.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
You did throw them in 12/12 lighting... right?

How long have they been in that lighting cycle? (flowering)

Keep it Clean! :D

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
You did throw them in 12/12 lighting... right?

How long have they been in that lighting cycle? (flowering)

He is growing auto flowering plants. No 12/12 needed. You really need to work on your reading comprehension TCG. I thought we cleared that up in the cbd thread?

saluki

ICMag Donor
He is growing auto flowering plants. No 12/12 needed. You really need to work on your reading comprehension TCG. I thought we cleared that up in the cbd thread?

Do they stay on 18/6 for the entire grow ? or 24/0 ?

Just wondering since this is the new growers section.

Cannavore

Veteran

The longer the light schedule the better. 18/6, 20/4, and 24/0 are common light schedules for growing autos.

Some people throw a few autos in their veg boxes so they'll have some smoke in between vegging and flowering their photoperiod crop.

No trichs could be genetic/a bunk plant. Ive been seeing tons of outdoor over here with zero trichome coverage on designer strains where you need to smoke 10 joints back to back just to feel the slight effects.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I believe once they are mature, they start flowering automatically under 24 hours of light. I have never grown them, but I have talked to people about breeding toward auto flower traits.

TheCleanGame

Veteran

I've seen autos do better with 18/6 than 24/0. Some strains get a little stressed from constant light... most don't.

Kikola: You'll get responses from full time auto growers if you post any other questions you have about autos in the Auto flowering sub-sections. :)

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I grew out a Congo once that essentially had zero trichomes. Worthless smoke. The spider mites though loved that cut like candy.

Kikola

Thank you all for the replies.

I always feel that the op should be present within the last few clicks of a thread.

Therefore i am Glad an eager to rejoin this community. :dance013:

Hey Kikola, just my 2c here. It sounds like it could be a bunk/runt plant. I am growing autos for the first time right now. It is a breeding project for an outdoor grow so I am just flowering them under 12/12 with some photoperiod plants to get seeds.

I started 3 Dinafem Auto Amnesia's, 2 are doing great trichs forming and buds growing, but one is on week 4 of 12/12 and week 5 since popping the soil, with only a few pistils nevermind trichs or any bud development.

These auto genes can cause some strange plants to develop IMO. I have read about it in several grow journals as well. Hope I am wrong, but thought I would share.

Peace,
SM

Ickis

Veteran
kikola did that auto ever get any trichs? Was the smoke any good?

jeez guy you ask a question a year ago on your first post and then come back a year later with your second post and don't tell us what happened. LOL!

Give us the update man.

Kikola

''0m gee. i didn't think i was going to make it back on here after my comeback 11 days or so ago.

ty for your 2c spider. i did 1 Dinafem Auto Amnesia last year and outdoors. it turned out to be a very memorable grow.

lol trout i wouldn't grow a photo unless someone paid me haha

And Ickis it wasn't really a year ago, but rather last year :huggg:the NL never really produced any trichs at the time. I ended up donating her. I got to sample a few buds when she got harvested in February. i didn't think the smoke was that great. but i was told she yielded exactly 74grams and the snaps of her at harvest showed that she was indeed a big yielder. im gutted i donated her but i had no other option but to say good bye

And finally Third coast. 5 Auto white widows from pyramid seeds are on the way. :dance013: