What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey bobs or anybody else can you use the bonsai heros to dry trim?

I don't recommend it. They'll chop your buds to pieces if you get too close. Wet trim only imo.

I dip my trimmers in alcohol while I'm trimming to keep them moving freely. The "scissor hash" can be extracted later... IMO however, there's less "scissor hash" if you keep your trimmers clean and moving freely.

Wet trim with the bonsai hero. This gets all the big stuff off. I can knock out a couple lbs in just a few hours with the bonsai hero. Then I go back and do a dry trim with scissors to take off all the sugar leaf. I've also started dipping my scissors in alcohol as I go. It used to take me a week to trim a few lbs. Now I can do about a lb a day... not including drying time between trim sessions.

BldSwtTrs

Yea dude I DEF do the alcohol thing and have a few extra pairs of fiskars to have soaking while i use a different pair.

How does your quality of wet trimmed with the bonsai hero compare to say dry trim with fiskars? People are saying the heros don't knock off trichs. Just a review on your overall quality with the heros would be much appreciated.

I am really trying to find the best use of time and money here.

Currently I trim half of my crops with a trimpro and the other half dry trim with fiskars. Would like to find a better way.

Bonzo

Veteran
Onward and Upward...this thread has a huge amount of really relevant info...it will be archived? or whatever they do around here?...this info must not be lost.

thanks for the pics of the pvc bed watering deal

thanks for everything bobble...respect my brotha, big fat respect!

peace pot and microdot...bonz :)

bobblehead

Veteran
Yea dude I DEF do the alcohol thing and have a few extra pairs of fiskars to have soaking while i use a different pair.

How does your quality of wet trimmed with the bonsai hero compare to say dry trim with fiskars? People are saying the heros don't knock off trichs. Just a review on your overall quality with the heros would be much appreciated.

I am really trying to find the best use of time and money here.

Currently I trim half of my crops with a trimpro and the other half dry trim with fiskars. Would like to find a better way.

Trimpro, spinner, twister, etc etc... all scuff the buds! Bonsai hero trimmers are basically electric scissors. You can follow the contours of the buds and get close without actually touching the buds. I don't know how to explain it any better than that. I've accidentally stuck buds between the blades, and the blades stop. They will chop off foxtails if you're not careful, but then I just hash that and nothing really gets wasted. IMO you can't tell the difference between buds trimmed with bonsai heroes and scissors.

Here's some pics.

Buds trimmed with the bonsai hero. This was just a quick trim to get the buds hung and drying. If you want you can spend the time and get much closer.
picture.php

and then this is after I do a dry trim... Which I can knock out 1-2oz an hour after the bonsai hero has done most of the work while the buds were wet. Plenty of trichs.
picture.php

Onward and Upward...this thread has a huge amount of really relevant info...it will be archived? or whatever they do around here?...this info must not be lost.

thanks for the pics of the pvc bed watering deal

thanks for everything bobble...respect my brotha, big fat respect!

peace pot and microdot...bonz :)

Thanks Bonz! Whether or not this thread gets stickied is up to HGO, who's been MIA as of late. Thanks for the nomination!

Lets see some trees bro!

Hell yes! :tiphat:

Who wants to process this bubble for me? fml...

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Hey bobs or anybody else can you use the bonsai heros to dry trim?

I was practicing on some dry buds that I have been curing and chipping away when I have time.
If the buds are too dry, then you can do some damage until you realize the cutting edges of the trimmers are pretty precise. I think you can even get the "canyon cut" if you are careful.
Definitely recommend wet trimming just based in the flexibility of the flowers when wet.
Basically, there are two cutting edges on the trimmers. 12 cuts a second, but it's 6 cuts per edge of the trimmers. If you only use one edge, you can get it there and do a final trim if you are good with your hands.

BldSwtTrs

Yea I am really just figuring out a way to get the best final product in the least amount of time.

I think the trimpro is good for smaller/popcorn stuff and I am thinking the bonsai heros in combination with a final fiskars trim would be best.

Arm I like the sound of what you are saying. I bet with enough practice you could get it, but I wonder if it is worth it.

I think I might order a 4 pair set and give it a shot.

Did I hear somebody make these wireless? I will bet it can be done...

bobblehead

Veteran
Yea I am really just figuring out a way to get the best final product in the least amount of time.

I think the trimpro is good for smaller/popcorn stuff and I am thinking the bonsai heros in combination with a final fiskars trim would be best.

Arm I like the sound of what you are saying. I bet with enough practice you could get it, but I wonder if it is worth it.

I think I might order a 4 pair set and give it a shot.

Did I hear somebody make these wireless? I will bet it can be done...

Not unless you can strap a 12v battery to the handle... Lol. Buy 4 replacement trimmers, and get a 12v power supply from ebay. Bonsai hero rapes you on the power converter. Oh yeah and you'll need banana clips to attach to the converter to plug in the heroes.

BldSwtTrs

Not unless you can strap a 12v battery to the handle... Lol. Buy 4 replacement trimmers, and get a 12v power supply from ebay. Bonsai hero rapes you on the power converter. Oh yeah and you'll need banana clips to attach to the converter to plug in the heroes.

lol maybe not. bobs how long are the power cords? cant find any info on any supplier websites. thanks.

Arminius

Veteran
The trimmers piggyback into each others plug in. I want to say the cord is at least 4'. I will snap some close ups of their power source so you can get the specs, when I get home in a couple hours.

Arminius

Veteran
Cords are actually 8' from the power source. You can see in the picture how they piggyback into each other. All the electrical specs should be visible also.
Can't wait to try them out on my Chem Sis on Wednesday!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369516332.467142.jpg

O

otis33

They do rape you on the power supply, I found a new 10 amp power supply on Ebay for 30 shipped. Bonsai heroes are the best purchase I've made. I knocked out my 4x8 table in two short nights. My wife loves them more than I do

Arminius

Veteran
I lost an edit in my previous post. Ordering from The Hydro Source, the additional trimmers were only 200, and two pairs, plus power pack and case came out to the same price as two "replacement" shears plus an eBay power pack.

they do rape you on the power supply but if you order the complete kit it comes with case, oil, and everything you need to get started. still way more expensive than buying the components separately, but at least this way you can take it out of the box and get right to trimming. the money i made from the very first batch, plus the time and effort saved in doing a better/quicker trim job, easily made up for the extra expense. thanks for the recommendation bobble, i love my bonzai scissors.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
What's up bobble just wanted to stop in and say what's up...

First I wanna say I don't know why I didn't start reading your threads earlier!!

After recents thoughts of upgrading and everyone telling me I need to read more I figured I am thinking vert, might as well read up and I have heard and seen you around doing big things but never truly checked your shit out... So I got to page 20 of this thread and thought.. "wtf am i doing I need to start from the beginning of his career and learn from his mistakes If I wanna learn anything!" so I went through and started from your first threads... filtered just your posts... made it up to the v5.0 thread so far... gotta say I have learned a lot already... I only got that thread to finish then bobblepods v2.0 and then finish this one.

hope to have read everything by tomorrow night so I can ask you some questions... sorry to just barge in and bump your thread when I don't even know what has been going in your life since like 2011 hahaha....

:respect: to you, DHF, and the other Vert-Ville pioneers...

bobblehead

Veteran
What's up bobble just wanted to stop in and say what's up...

First I wanna say I don't know why I didn't start reading your threads earlier!!

After recents thoughts of upgrading and everyone telling me I need to read more I figured I am thinking vert, might as well read up and I have heard and seen you around doing big things but never truly checked your shit out... So I got to page 20 of this thread and thought.. "wtf am i doing I need to start from the beginning of his career and learn from his mistakes If I wanna learn anything!" so I went through and started from your first threads... filtered just your posts... made it up to the v5.0 thread so far... gotta say I have learned a lot already... I only got that thread to finish then bobblepods v2.0 and then finish this one.

hope to have read everything by tomorrow night so I can ask you some questions... sorry to just barge in and bump your thread when I don't even know what has been going in your life since like 2011 hahaha....

:respect: to you, DHF, and the other Vert-Ville pioneers...

Thanks for taking the time to read. I've changed quite a bit over my grow career. You definitely need to see the different phases of growth, all of which I've shared. I've shared most of my mistakes for others to learn from. If it wasn't a personal detail is wasn't withheld.

I'm around if you have questions, just not posting much. It makes for more time to work on my new room. PM or ask here.

Good luck.

Mister_D

Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to read. I've changed quite a bit over my grow career. You definitely need to see the different phases of growth, all of which I've shared. I've shared most of my mistakes for others to learn from. If it wasn't a personal detail is wasn't withheld.

I'm around if you have questions, just not posting much. It makes for more time to work on my new room. PM or ask here.

Good luck.

Better be building something epic bro. Ya havn't heard much from ole D lately, but I've been busy getting fired and revamping the room with new toys :biggrin:. Bout to go on "autobabyshitpoppinmadbeans" mode :nanana:.