What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most purple

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This ACE forum is busy as hell!!...I've never seen so many new posts. Maybe it's the huge cola pics. I've looked through tons of pics and they are beasts!...but answer me this advanced growers...

Why is it that new plants from any strain yield bigger than once you start cloning off her for a few months or years?...virus? genetic drift - I clone from clones but always need to go back to the seedbank for fresh stock or yield eventually goes down, or is it just me?

Also. I'm not far from Spain, are Ace based there?

Hi tiffa,

That's a good question and the answer is simple. Plants from seed has an hormonal extra vigor that older clones from the same plant lose with the time. Plants can also be started earlier outdoors from seed than from clone so if your main goal is to achieve big yields outdoors then it's better to start the season early from seed using very consistent genetics (usually high quality, predictable and consistent F1 hybrids).

On the other hand, if you have been growing the same genetics from clone for many years you can master the genetics at the end compared with the first grows with the same genetics, which always could have some fails until you fully understand the genetics you have in hands.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
My theory is that clones usually get different treatment(commercial growing vs soulful growing) and also clones have different root propagation because of hormones, thus the plant growth/development slows down a bit because of slower roots.
Mind you, it's just a theory ;)

Since we're in the purple thread, here's a picture of my Zamaldelica x Kali China clone, which developed differently in flower compared to the previous clone, both have a very similar shade to the bud.

View Image

Cheers

Beautiful purple Zamaldelica x Kali China expression grown in winter Koodense ;)

Zamaldelica elite mother usually don't have much pigmentation but the Kali China 21 - 4 (F4) elite adds easily such nice purple pigmentation, which is intensified with certain feeding and with low temps at the end of flowering. Hoep you are still enjoying with the flowers of this new hybrid :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's a Violeta that finished at about 65 days, (PCK X Purple Malawi).

Still curing but samples taste great and must lean towards the Purp Malawi for it's potency. Grown several PCK over the last few years, never had one that packs this much punch. Very smooth , powerful smoke. I have 5 more freebie beans of Violeta and definitely will be running more and hoping for a good male.

Cannot miss Violeta if we are thinking on high quality and stable purple plants :D Glad you found such beauty from our freebies and that you really appreciate the increase of potency and complexity of the Violeta's effect compared with pure PCK.

Thanks a lot for sharing her Keif Stoned :yes: And wish you find more interesting plants from the rest of the seeds!

tiffa

Hi tiffa,

Thanks for your interest in our work. Pangolin correctly pointed out, Violeta is more uniform regarding intense purple colors, although the purple Malawi x PCK is also very very frequent.

Farmerlion's recommendation are also good ones, Snow Moon also has very nice purple phenos, and Cannabiogen's Peyote Purple finishes with intense purple/black colors too.

You can't go wrong with all these strains if you are looking for high quality colorful strains.

Dubi....I like your cooking friend....I got a beautiful compact purple Violeta but no purps on the Malawi x PCK beans. I've looked on the site and not seen any is it possible to get a 'Purple malawi x PCK' as you suggest to increase the chances of a purp pheno? Thanks...I know you must have wrist pain replying to us all!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi tiffa,

Violeta is very consistent for violet pigmentation through all her stages of development.
Malawi x PCK F1 display approx 60 % of purple phenos, probabilistically they are quite easy to find if you pop more seeds.

troutman

Seed Whore
I don't know about the ones sold today.

But some of the original Oldtimer Hazes put out nice purple plants.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I will definetly go for Violeta and any ACE seeds inbreed hybrids touched by Pakistan Chitral Kush.

Pure CBG/ACE seeds PCK

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also Purple Mexican from CBG is a must

Cheers

brickweeder

Pure CBG/ACE seeds PCK
View Image

Those are nice PCK nugs! The 2 Ace PCK purple phenos I had cured to a very very dark purple, and has a rich hashy flavor that makes you want to hit it again and again. Even some of the trics are purple. Will see if I can get purple out of a OE (sat pheno) x PCK cross sometime in 2019.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Da Purps!

Da Purps!

I'm getting some Purple Trainwreck for my next grow from Humboldt Seeds, I reckon it should tick all my boxes!

Regards,
Iffy :tiphat:

Cheesegez

Ar it’s such a beautiful colour , they do say lower night temps expresses the purpling genetics more , there seem to be a lot of truth in that ...

Here’s a bud shot of an Phenotype found in some of Green Devil Genetics Orange Bud X An Old American Haze man she was speacial If you lads have ever tasted Ribena then that was the Smell / Taste to a Tee

picture.php

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool Purps

Cool Purps

Deffo concur with cooler night temps, as my grow of Power Cheese a couple of years ago turned a gorgeous purple;

Regards,
Iffy :tiphat: