What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

therevverend

Veteran
I'd agree with Dubi that the Lebanese would be a good choice if you're looking to pass on CBD traits to hybrid offspring. CBD can vary from plant to plant so I'd pick a Leb female or male that's got a high amount of CBD. This is the benefit of modern genetic and cannabinoid testing; if you've got the $ you can send it to a lab and check it out.

Lebanese (and Turkish) has always been the odd duck of the cannabis world. Thin leaves, short branches, high CBD, grown for hashish, it's unlike any other drug strain. Moroccan is said to have some Lebanese genes in it. Some Turkish strains have been found to be Eurasian hemp.

I'm wondering if Lebanese is a hybrid of northern hemp strains from Eastern Europe and Asia Minor with eastern drug strains. This may have happened a long time ago, there are records of cannabis use in ancient Israel and Egypt. Perhaps the hybridization with ganja drug strains hadn't happened by that point. Probably just a matter of time before we find out, they have found hemp seed in ancient tombs. I'm very curious what the results will be.

Do the Lebanese still use cannabis for food and fiber? I've seen pictures of how much seed they collect when making hashish. (It's a lot) Maybe it's relegated to animal feed.

Hi nldfarmer,

Lebanese is a fairly recent release so its outcrosses have not been explored yet in depth, like with some of our other classic strains. As far as we have explored, Lebanese seems to be quite dominant structurally speaking in its outcrosses. This Lebanese produces different chemotypes but all of them rich in CBD, so you can expect she will contribute easily with CBD chemotypes to its crosses.

If you are looking for a Lebanese x rich CBD purple indica hybrid, then the Lebanese x ErdPurt hybrids we have recently produced (and listed at the R+D section of our website) would be a good point to start your quest from. Hope it helps!

Lebanese x Erdpurt.... has to be pure anelgesia.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Analgesia for the body, and pleasant feelings and psychological relief to the mind.

newGroath

Approximately 4 weeks in. Using a 4 foot 8 bulb t5 ho fixture for veg and flower. Since switching to flower I've swapped out half of the 6500k bulbs for 3000k ones.
For soil I'm using Fox Farm Strawberry Fields to start transitioning to coco over peat. This is also my first time flowering anything:watchplant:

Leb1.jpg

Leb6.jpg

Leb3.jpg

Leb4.jpg

Analgesia for the body, and pleasant feelings and psychological relief to the mind.

Is because of that reasons that landraces exists. Nonsense hybrids cause of marketing and landrace because of prooven centuries of great relief and spiritual awakening

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
CBD can vary from plant to plant so I'd pick a Leb female or male that's got a high amount of CBD. This is the benefit of modern genetic and cannabinoid testing; if you've got the $ you can send it to a lab and check it out.
It's even cheaper than you think. ;)
Check out the 8-minute CBD test, it's only a few pennies a test. I test each plant in veg and take photos at the same point in the test. It's easy to see which plants have CBD and which ones don't. Definitely solid enough results for preliminary testing. Save your lab te$t$ for the plants you want more detail on.

:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking lovely newGroath :)

A pleasure to see your lebanese reaching mid flowering and also in veg. Thanks for sharing pics at different stages. Guess she must be finishing now or already harvested. Please, keep us updated with your experience, much appreciated!

Approximately 4 weeks in. Using a 4 foot 8 bulb t5 ho fixture for veg and flower. Since switching to flower I've swapped out half of the 6500k bulbs for 3000k ones.
For soil I'm using Fox Farm Strawberry Fields to start transitioning to coco over peat. This is also my first time flowering anything:watchplant:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Douglas.Curtis,

Beam test is an easy, cheap and effective way to detect CBD in your samples, a grower can easily detect whether there is presence of CBD in a family with different parental plants, and then select the ones which contain CBD or not (depending on the goals of the grower/breeder), but a cannabinoid tests must be done at a lab in order to know the accurate chemotypes of a family or a specific parental plant.

It's even cheaper than you think. ;)
Check out the 8-minute CBD test, it's only a few pennies a test. I test each plant in veg and take photos at the same point in the test. It's easy to see which plants have CBD and which ones don't. Definitely solid enough results for preliminary testing. Save your lab te$t$ for the plants you want more detail on.

:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hey all, just wanted to drop in quick and say Hi. Between a brutal winter and work, life has been hectic. Dealing with some land issues with a neighboring land owner has been trying as well. I hope to have some resolution soon.
Peace. Happy growing.

SolarLogos

Hey all, just wanted to drop in quick and say Hi. Between a brutal winter and work, life has been hectic. Dealing with some land issues with a neighboring land owner has been trying as well. I hope to have some resolution soon.
Peace. Happy growing.
We missed you Farmer, great to hear from you! Looking forward to your grows this season. What do you have lined up for us this year?
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Peace, God bless my friend!

SolarLogos

Peace. Happy growing.
Are you planning to grow Lebanese again this year? I know you grow medicinally, so I wondered if you had seen this:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349227

It's an 8 minute test you can do make at home to accurately test cbd in your plants. I think there is only 3 ingredients and I happen to have all of them lying around the house. Might be helpful (and cheap) in picking parental plants with the highest cbd for your patients. Hope to see you up and running soon.

Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion friend,

I hope everything is going well with you and your family.
Wish the issues with the land are getting sorted.
Please, come by and say hi whenever you have the chance :huggg:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Farmerlion:

We hope it can all still work out for you for this season.It must be terribly frustrating not being able to do your normal grow.

Blessings,and keep your chin up regardless!

Slim

paisajedehierba

Germinated 19-04-20

Germinated 19-04-20

Hi,
here are my three Lebanese. For weeks after germinating the largest plant is showing male flowers. This is what I am actually Looking for, aiming on a outdoor cross with Auto Muay Thai. I would be happy with a second male to have a little bit larger chance finding a pheno with higher THC level.

I don´t have space and time to look after remaining females. But today I also don´t have the heart to cull them. Let´s see what their destiny will be.

Attachments

• Lebanese germinated 190420.jpg
    Lebanese germinated 190420.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Lebanese male_germinated 190420.JPG
    Lebanese male_germinated 190420.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Lebanese_germinated 190420_not yet showing sex.jpg
    Lebanese_germinated 190420_not yet showing sex.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 31

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, thanks so much for your kind words. I have some Lebanese and Lebanese x Erdpurt germinating right now. This season is souly about medical cannabis. Land issues may not be settled, but the need for cannabis still is as important as ever.
I just started a new thread here at Ace forum's. It will take a while to get it going smoothly.
Happy growing and God bless you all! Peace