What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any UBER experts out there?

Floridian

Veteran
Man I have a problem that I have been trying to resolve for most of the day with no luck.To make a long story short,my niece opened up an UBER account for me when I was hanging out with the correctional officers and used my moms discover card instead of my discover card.Talk about embarrassing when the bill came!There does not seem to be any phone number at all for customer service and I cant even find an email address for my problem.Went on the app but no luck.I am not tech saavy at all or saavy period and was hoping one of you wild eyed dope fiends may be able to help.If so thanks so much in advance!I need to get this straightened out as quickly as possible as I use UBER frequently due to my knuckleheadedness..

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Open app

Top left corner - Click dashed lines

Click Payment -

Select Mom's card by last 4 digits

3 dots appear at top right - click

Edit & Delete options

Select delete card

Click back to payment page

Click Add Payment -> Credit/Debit Card

Enter card info -> follow on screen instruction, hit confirm.

Done

Next trip select payment type and make sure you are using the correct card, problem solved

Floridian

Veteran
Chimera you are a flippin UBER genius bro!Thanks so much it was so easy too.I have to admit when I read all those steps I was a little intimidated but the directions were spot on.Thanks again I wish there was something I could do for you!Man I love this site

Chimera

Veteran
I'm actually no Uber genius at all, I just had to go through the same issue - registered my account with a specific card that then expired, and I had to figure out how to remove the card and add a new one.

Uber is great. For some reason they have banned it here, but anywhere else in the world be it California, Barcelona, London, Amsterdam, etc I can simply whip out my phone and get a car at the door within minutes cheaper and faster than any taxi, and I don't even have to have cash on hand. The drivers are mostly really nice people just trying to make some extra bucks, and I am happy to avoid the local Taxi mafia whenever possible.

Glad it worked out, and you certainly don't owe me anything! The thank you is more than enough :)

Cheers!

Floridian

Veteran
Wont take any of my cards?

Wont take any of my cards?

Man it took my card yesterday no problem.I tried all 3 of my cards and it says cant accept this form of payment.The cab just accepted my card.I have victim impact at the jail tonight an 80 dollar cab ride up and back.Could it be because its a Fed holiday?It doesn't make sense the message should say that instead of what it says.Chimera where are you bro?

Chimera

Veteran
Try registering a Paypal account and then add your Paypal account to the Uber app.

You can also add Apple pay, I'm sure you can add Samsung pay or the Android equivalent.

Chimera

Veteran
^^ completely wrong.

Neither Paypal or Apple Pay add any additional costs to the consumer; these payment services make their money from the seller or service provider, not the end user.

Floridian

Veteran
Just tried my moms card just for the hell of it,it says were unable to accept this payment method try another one.If I could email these people I might find out whats wrong but that seems to be an impossible task in itself,I am not a member of facebook.I am sorry to bother people with this crap.One thing I noticed is on my last round trip,it only recorded the trip on my email and didn't record the trip back for some reason.You would think they would be easy to email.Am I missing something?I usually am lol.This is funny.I have to go to the highway patrol station up by busch gardens to give them 15 cents so they can fax a copy of my urinalysis to the DUI school people before they give me my certificate.What a joke 15 cents and it will cost 50 bucks by cab.If I were out drinking with buddies instead of going to the store after taking a sleeping pill,I would say I deserve all of this shit..The victim impact group with mothers against drunk driving last night was thoroughly depressing,little do they know I am 100% on their side when it comes to drinking and driving.Be careful kids

Green Squall

Do you tip an Uber driver? I've never not had a car and it fucking sucks. It might be a month or so until I find a new one so this is how I will be getting around.

Floridian

Veteran
My first two trips I did tip the driver,and they seemed honestly shocked lol!No the normal procedure is not to tip the driver I found out,the beauty of UBER is that never will cash exchange hands.One driver told me he feels safer that way also because when its common knowledge,there is literally no chance of robbery or attemted robbery.I'm still UBERing around with zero issues,its just so simple and cheap,and you actually can see where your ride is at any moment.You know when he is a few blocks away coming down the street!I would say its very slightly more than half of what you'd pay a cab,so when you account for the tip,its just about half.A 40 dollar cab ride might be 45 when you leave a 5 dollar tip.The same uber fare with no money exchanging hands might be 25 dollars.And I normally wait 5-9 minutes for the car to arrive wherever I am or whatever time it is.One negative is the sliding rate.During rush hour and especially during sporting or community events, it may be more expensive.For instance I had to take a trip from Tampa to Clearwater on day around 3 PM returing around 6 PM.The fare up was about 40 dollars but the same exact ride returing during rush hour was like 58 dollars.It's still such a bargain and normally such a better physical and mental experience as opposed to using a cab.

Green Squall

So does anyone here drive for Uber?

Driver's seem to in short supply around here and since I just got my new-used car, I thought it might be a good way to make some cash.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'd do it if I thought I'd turn a few bucks, I have a '99 Buick Park Av w/only 120K miles on the 3800 V6 engine. On the highway I can get up to 26mpg, and everything around here is highway; typically it's 15-20 miles between towns, sometimes more, quite often people need to go to doctor appts out of town, up to 70 miles away to hit bigger cities.

The money would be good but uber doesn't operate around here, we always seem to be behind the times for most trends.......

Floridian

Veteran
Still UBERin it.May get my license back in July.With the insurance I will have to get it may be cheaper just staying with uber.What a great system it is,I don't think I've waited longer than nine minutes for a ride and I know when they are coming around the corner.

Green Squall

yeah they operate out of the bigger cities, lyft is another company.

That's what I was wondering. I live in a small town but the city next to me is 30,000 people. I think there would definitely be a market for it, especially this summer and on the weekends with all the tourists around.

Old Toker

Uber is fine for passengers......it's garbage for the drivers. Don't beat your car to death for pennies. Free advice and worth every cent.:tiphat:

Floridian

Veteran
A new UBER experience,this girl had a hand written note taped to her dashboard saying that tips were accepted,warranted and appreciated lol.I was not impressed.If someone has to use UBER something has probably happened in their life that was probably not a positive and money could be in short supply!An observation from a rider,I'm sure the operators have a different perspective.The base cost has risen over a dollar since January on minimum if I'm reading it right.Still much cheaper than a taxi though