What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best blue berry or blue strains

relic1981

Veteran
so ive been on the search for a solid blueberry strain for years with little success. i remember getting blueberry in the mid to later nineties that tasted stronly of blueberry muffins or blueberry candy. the taste was absolutly superb and it was reall decent herb as far as medicinal benefits. very euphoric... so like i said im on the search for a keeper blueberry strain and id like to get your opinions. i have a chance to get a blue magoo cutting (ive heard nothing but good things about it) so im pretty stoked about that. aside from that what blue strains do you guys think are top notch strains. im more concerned with quality than yield but i wouldnt mind a great tasting, potent blue strain that yeilds well too.

i run my plants in a coco mix with biobizz nutes with mycos and beneficial bacteria and other organic additives and amendments.

in the past i have ran:
blue dream (very decent but dosnt have that great blue taste)
dj shorts blueberry (good but not what i was expecting)
dj short blueberry sativa (really like this one. very euphoric and uplifting. yielded nicely, light green buds with blue/purple hues and the buds form "fingers")
peak seeds blueberry (ehh... nothing special but not too bad either)

i just cant seem to find what im looking for. im looking for an indica dominate blue strain with strong blue flavor (blueberry, earthy, dank,funkiness or blueberry muffin tasting that leaves that nice blue taste in your mouth.) and very potent. along side of the blue magoo i am thinking of grabbing some ganja rebel seeds blueberry muffin f3's but that's not a real blue berry either. i think its diesel berry crossed with ssshaze. so im thinking it would be closer to blue dream than blueberry. i really want a cut of dabney blue but don't have access to it. ahh. all in all im lucky because i have a lot of "elite" clone only strains (took years to collect them all) but since im a collector i am always wanting something different. variety is the spice of life and for me i have to smoke a wide variety of strains because of tolerance issues. im still looking for that holy grail of cannabis. trouble is there are so many different strains that i love and have a hard time parting with them. anyways if you all could chime i with your favorite blueberry strains id be much appreciative. if possible include info regarding, smell, taste, yield, flowering time, clone only or available in seed form and what method you use to grow it.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
tbh ive wanted a good bb for ages and ive not found one. theres a dj short bb cut that goes around, and im sure theres a few different cuts which are kept but your chance of finding it in seed form is slim. I know verdant green on here is working an old dutch passion bb to another blueberry cut so you may wanna check out his stuff. apart from that its gonna be a long search unless you get lucky..

pastor

my 2 cents,
maybe you could try any Chimera BB strains? it's not "pure" blueberry, but one of the fathers of these hybrids is B130 male "selected by Dj Short himself".

i don't try it by myself but read many good things about it.

hope it helps.

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have heard that Bodhi breeds with an old dj short blueberry. I would check it out Bodhi is the man

there goes edro

Veteran
Look into Eskobar 's Blue Cheese. Haven't grown it personally but the smoke I sampled was tasty and potent. Just putting in my 2 cents in and hoping for a dollar back.

Ez Rider

Veteran
I'm growing BMR(blue moon x bogbubble) from BOG. Still in veg, but they look fierce. I should have some comments on quality/yield late in june.

meadowman

i f2'd esko's blue santa...blueberry thia x santa maria....the smells n taste coming from the mother seamed artificial it was so over powering. very nice up high too. tends to herm true to trait!

Mikenite69

Veteran
Don't waste your time on blueberry seeds. You will not find that killer keeper from the ninetys. I had that cut many years ago and lost it in 04.

I will say people have been saying verdent greens has been producing blueberry smelling plants so in seed form his would probably be the closest even though I have never tried it.

I have tried almost every blueberry on the market and none come close to that old blue girl here is my list of what I have ran. Dj shorts new bb line, Nortern lights blue, dutch Passion blueberry, sagamartha blueberry, berry bomb, blue mystic and blue blood.. None of them came close they either had a berry smell to them or smelled like a very watered down blueberry.

Some suggestions verdent greens, bodhi for sure, and there is a seedbank called bc seed king they sell bueberry seeds for cheap all the reports have been really positive with people saying they founf great plants
That smelled exactly like blueberries and they sell seeds for 65 bucks shipped for 15 beans or 85 bucks shipped for 25 beans I am gonna try them next. Also there is another seedbank that I forgot about its called medical seed company or something like that and they sell the blueberry and a memeber on here said he found a awesome blueberry cut out of the seeds the name of the seeds are bluehell.

There is also the cut that dj short circulated around out of his own mother stash if you can find it and then there is a pre2k cut that floats around that I should be getting shortly. I hope she is the one because I would give my left nut to have my old cut back.

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey relic 81

You should look at some of rare dankness seeds blues strains I'm also growing out hortilabs starberry so I'll let you know how it turns out.

A friend of mine used to grow blues from ugorg seeds which is popular here in the uk

Thanks

GA

T

Terps

I've heard nothing but good things about peaks bb apart from the seed shells being abit thick thus making germination a bit finicky. If you dont mind the expense go for grape krush from dj shorts, its from the bb line and still has alot of decent bb phenos. I went through 2 packs to find my mother and she is my grail.

shes all i could want from a cannabis plant, she coats the mouth with a lovely sweet grapey/bb that lingers in the nasal for quite some time after exhale, yields well and the buzz is perfect for me, extremely euphoric without paranoia and always makes me laugh and smile just how weed should imo.

i recently bought a couple packs of GK F2 from green path in hope to find a super male to go with her or maybe even a better female. They might be a better option if your on a budget.

Ill post a few pics up of my GK when i figure out how to do it securely as cannabis is still illegal in my country.

i f2'd esko's blue santa...blueberry thia x santa maria....the smells n taste coming from the mother seamed artificial it was so over powering. very nice up high too. tends to herm true to trait!

I f2d bluesanta too. All 3 of the girls qualified as my favorite smokes I kick myself for not cloning it because none of the f2s were that good.

Lung.Butter

I'm in the same boat, I'm looking for that old blueberry also. I've tried DJs and joti recently, I've got some of Pisces blush to try next though, it uses outkasts pre2k blueberry x pure kush, I'm hoping this one might be more like it.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
med-man silverskunk has some far out blueberry phenos.
I got two girls that are just killer...can def. recommend this strain. Super quick too... (app. 45-50 days max).
Good luck for your search !

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmmm...

Anybody run M.Emerys Bluberry?

I have some BB F? that may be from that era.
They were gifted to me several years ago but I've never run them.

Dont miss out on the next Verdant Green drop because the f2 generation of bluedigi will be gone soon I bet and that is your best shot at old school blueberry. Ive been searching for that complete blueberry for a decade and finally have it.

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
I've been looking ferociously for some time now If I had the money i would buy;

1. Green Beanz - Bluberry BX (pre 2k Blueberry sativa BX)
2. Mosca - Blue Moonshine
3. BCBD - Blueberry (good Outdoor BB I'm told.)
4. Blueberry x Haze

I have two packs of MOB S2 and suspect this would be the perfect mate for a BB sativa.

I have run Joey Weeds, Peaks, DJ's (GPS) and Jordan of the island. I believe they all have potential to an extent it's just a matter of waking it up.

DJ's (GPS) BB is killer besides the taste/smell and yield but I have noticed the buds that have cured in a cardboard box for almost 4 months is starting to get a fruity/funky/berry smell.

Longbutter how did you like JOTI's? mine all turned out male. One male seemed super skunky and had trichs on him though.

BT

PS apparently Med mans Silver skunk has some very BB phenos with a cheesey edge and short flowering time.