What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Collection pot foaming when I pour?

Sriley28

I used to do this all the time with butane (finishing the recoveries cold) and going all the way to -20" Hg. It's the best starting material for shatter, because it already is....just needs to be melted down. I would usually purge it in this state for 24 hrs under vacuum before melting it down in order to pretty much ensure 0 ppm.

I think it's rather easy to remove from the collection pot. Though the residue does need the ethanol treatment.

The air bubbles and all that will go away. Set it in the oven (no vacuum) or on a heating mat set to ~90-93F and set some weight on top of it evenly (textbooks work great). Just let it sit and slowly melt together. The slower you do this, the less chance of haziness or nucleation. With product like you pictured (nice and white by the way!), nucleation isn't likely to be a big issue anyways.

My friend's blue dream a few years back refused to do anything but this (never really tried to "sauce" it however). Low terpene content and high THCa content.....
Do you dewax? If not, how cold is your solvent upon injection? Maybe you are simply doing a great job with extraction and yielding such high THCa percentages that it is coming out crystalline. I'm sure some of the white shards from blue dream I used to run would've come in over 90%.

I’m running 100% iso but thinking about going to a 70/30 mix to get some higher pressure. Idk my exact temp at injection but my tank sits in dry ice till there is no pressure showing on the gauge then I use nitrogen @40psi to push my solvent. Looking at upgrading to an active system with an injection coil so I don’t have to use dry ice to cover my entire tank. The pot doesn’t foam up until I try to start to pour it. The bottom of it still stays kind of sappy. It’s like working with warm caramel.
I’ll have to bring some of it to get tested to see what my percentages are!

Old Gold

I’m running 100% iso but thinking about going to a 70/30 mix to get some higher pressure. Idk my exact temp at injection but my tank sits in dry ice till there is no pressure showing on the gauge then I use nitrogen @40psi to push my solvent. Looking at upgrading to an active system with an injection coil so I don’t have to use dry ice to cover my entire tank. The pot doesn’t foam up until I try to start to pour it. The bottom of it still stays kind of sappy. It’s like working with warm caramel.
I’ll have to bring some of it to get tested to see what my percentages are!

Careful with the TRS pumps....that dry ice volume won't be reduced haha
I agree with those saying it's the last of the low-boiling solvent coming off as you pour.

gumby420

I think I’m going to go with the CMEP OL after doing some research.

the new cmep ol's that literally just came out are supposed to run hot too, like equivalent to a trs. but they have faster recovery times than the previous model. the new ones do not have the radiator, so its easy to tell which are the newer ones. id personally go with the new one and just grab a little more dry ice. I currently am running dual recovery with a cmep ol and trs 21. its crazy how much hotter the trs runs. I plan on getting a new cmep once I get some funds and run dual cmeps. hopefully get down to 1lb/1min. I'm at 1lb every 1:45 right now. even if I got down to 1:30 id be happy.

FuriousOGK

I use a 70/30 mix myself and usually pull around 10-5psi (usually closer to 5psi). Granted my scale reads about 1lb of solvent left w/ collection pot soaking in 103F, (no more than 2/3rds of an inch is sumerged in H2O) but this seems to allow me to pour most of the oil out, only with a few grams still let in pot. i rinse with ethanol and save for later.

Latest posts

Latest posts