What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 4x4 SOG

A topic i would like to see discussed more when it comes to maximizing a space. More plants with less colas per plant vs less plants with more colas per plant. Not sure how much study there is out there on that.

Always something I have pondered. Plant size vs plant count to maximize yield. As of right now, my greatest yields per lamp have been with screen of green techniques, with few, large plants. However, if I can dial in a proper SOG I believe that it will smash all previous records. Not to mention an 8-9week turn around on cycles.

mushroombrew

Veteran
High plants numbers reduce overall time to harvest. But do not necessarily increase yields.

Lots of indoor tree growers in my area. They get #2 per light all day long. But their cycle is 180 days haha!! Loony.

I keep plants 2-3ft usually. That's about maximum for penetration with HID. 3wk veg is perfect. 4 week veg and plants get 5ft tall. And yields always go down. It's the point of diminishing returns. Great big buds but less weight overall.

Applesauce

Applesauce I think you're right. I don't need 1gal pots for plants this size when using coco. I have grown monsters in 1gal Pots. 5" squares will do just fine. My mother room (feeds multiple flowering rooms) is limited to a 400W MH and cannot keep up with the demand for clones to this room, and the other flowering rooms.. I am thinking about switching this room back to a Blumat ran, 1000w scrog. Time my other grows so that when I trim the bottom 1/3 under the screen, I can utilize all of those cuttings in my other SOG I am in the process of setting up ATM. 4- 600w cooltubes over 2- 6x3 flood tables. My water watering times are a bit wack right now, I know. First feed sI an hour after lights come on, Til run off. (8am) Then 2nd feed is 4pm. I would love to hear some input from anyone who has experience with multi feed, as far as what my feeding schedule SHOULD Look like. Thank you for staying tuned. Strain selection is unsure right now, I'll be narrowing it down very soon, I'll keep you all informed. ;)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300255

This thread by DJM is good regarding multi-feeding. Granted he is growing large plants but the ideas in that thread are sound. 6x a day, last watering 30 minutes before light off.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Once I tried blumats (when properly set, it allows your girls to feed as much as they want, nothing more, nothing less) I haven't looked back.

Blumats worked really well (1gpw) on SCROG; I went for few big (11L) pots (4).

The key for SOG success is choosing a plant suited for it, I've got 1gpw too with SOG.

IMHO number of pots and their size for SOG, is dictated when running 100% coco by the overall moist volume vs rest of tent volume, as you want to keep RH in check. It also has its impact on final cut height and to keep plants/pot weight distribution well-balanced so that they don't tip over.

For SOG, I'm aiming for 16x cuts in 3.25L pots (less than a gallon), grow effective space is 80cm x 80cm x 115cm (31"x31" x 45"). This means overall moist volume will be 16 x 3.25 = 52 Liters or 52000 cubic centimeters, while overall tent volume is 1024000cc, so about 5%, from past grows I've found 5-10% of moist volume to be a good target. Bear in mind with blumats, all that volume will be (and should be) kept fully saturated at all times, being the first variable that will dictate RH in the flowering tent.

Last edited:
Day 21 of Flowering. (Forgot to Update this weekend).
That intoxicating, pineapple smell is starting to manifest.

Feed:ml/gal.
cocotek a/b: 12/12
Liquid Koolbloom: 2.5
Drip clean .4

Ph'd to 5.8
Ppm: 1200

Runoff: ph: 6.0
Ppm: 1192

Feeding 3x/day.

Attachments

• IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11

aquavitae

nice thread bro you had some great results, imo the pineapple aroma is at least as desirable as the grapefruit, both amazing flavours

nice job in coco good work

Tomorrow is 6 weeks of flowering

Tomorrow is 6 weeks of flowering

6 week update. They are being fed 1350ppm (.5) at 5.8-6.2ph 3x per day. The pineapple funk is a growers dream.

Speaking of dream, Blue dream is on my list of "things to acquire." Can anyone recommend a breeder?

These ladies are throwing nanners. Every single crop of this strain has produced male flowers at week 6. But I've never found a single seed. So strange.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13
Harvested at 7 weeks. Trichomes were 95% cloudy, couple ambers here and there. I LOVE the density of these flowers. In veg, it grows like a sativa. Flowers fast, and blows up like an indica hybrid (with a little more stretch than I like. I believe it's due to the large temp fluctuations between day and night) But the effect after being smoked is 100% sativa. This garden is being shut down after drying process is done. It was such an amazing opportunity, and it has been a blessing while it lasted. I suppose all good things come to an end at some point. Thank you ALL for the kind words and advice. Switching all my efforts to the other garden. For anyone who would like to continue following- check out the 2400w drain to waste thread that's going into flower tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 13
Damn time flys!! Popped back and you chopped already... I will check out your DTW for sure.

You're telling me, lol. 7 weeks is awfully fast. Searching for a new strain. Something more "commericial". Cindy is just too lanky, too stretchy. Searching for a massive yielding, potent, short strain. There's a video floating around YouTube that is EXACTLY what I am looking for.
The users name is "Limbo Holland" and the video name is "small plants, big buds". SOG setup, using TH SEEDS SAGE. Weird part is, I've grown sage and it was NOTHING like what's in the video. Check out that video if you get a chance. Forearm sized colas, very small plants. THAT is what I am after.

The yield on this run is substantial. With winters very low humidity, it dried very quickly, too quickly. Right now, it's 865g. But after curing it'll lose a tiny bit of water weight.

Not bad, .8g/W.

aquavitae

hey karlos

nice finish to your grow report, hope you can enjoy your harvest with your circle :)

about the stocky plants with high yield, that are potent - generally, I found that the most potent plants were always the medium sized, low-yielding ones, for example OG, which really is not the idea of a cash-crop plant.

cash croppers like critical mass (some phenos), tend to be branchy bushes, but lack in potency. the idea is to find a "compromise " - pheno, so you really have to make the choice yourself when selecting.

our circle works with a pre-sensi superskunk x black widow cut, that finishes in 8 weeks and yields... buddy selected it over 25 years ago and she still puts out forearm sized flowers. i would have also thought that there would be a stout pheno with good branching withthe C99 tbh.. look out for the new skunk lines by dukediamond, they are predicted to be donkeydick single colas

best regards

Desert Hydro

Veteran
nice, im setting up a test run similar to this right now. one side will be de630 cmh and the other cob led on a 4x8. first round is rooted. going into cups of tupur on a flood table so i dont need the manifold.

hey karlos

nice finish to your grow report, hope you can enjoy your harvest with your circle :)

about the stocky plants with high yield, that are potent - generally, I found that the most potent plants were always the medium sized, low-yielding ones, for example OG, which really is not the idea of a cash-crop plant.

cash croppers like critical mass (some phenos), tend to be branchy bushes, but lack in potency. the idea is to find a "compromise " - pheno, so you really have to make the choice yourself when selecting.

our circle works with a pre-sensi superskunk x black widow cut, that finishes in 8 weeks and yields... buddy selected it over 25 years ago and she still puts out forearm sized flowers. i would have also thought that there would be a stout pheno with good branching withthe C99 tbh.. look out for the new skunk lines by dukediamond, they are predicted to be donkeydick single colas

best regards

My partner has been "breeding" for 30+ years and claimed to have "the best". One toke of Cindy had him in panic mode. LOL. I guess "potent" is up for interpretation,as most strains now days are quite strong (with a few exceptions). After growing Cindy in a SOG style for multiple runs, and now in a small bush style (3 weeks veg) I can see that she grows MUCH better as a little bush. Maybe yield will be higher in this style. New grow is 16 plants/sq. Meter. Thank you for the kind words my friend, and don't forget to follow the new grow!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
are those the no veg clones in the pic? still look great. at that size how many would you put of those in a sq meter

Latest posts

Latest posts