What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Grinspoon seed run

I was gifted 2 seeds of Dr Grinspoon, and they came all the way from Germany, because they are impossible to get. Here is a pic of them after they popped. I'm interested to see how these will grow, because I don't run a lot of sativas. I have done some research on the strain, and it sounds like a gem. I hope I grow them well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 13

FireIn.TheSky

I just did some grinspoon, one was a stumpy indica pheno it was a total piece of junk unlike anything I have seen from grinspoon.

The other was a very sativa type plant, it gets you really high, super energetic. It looks like any normal plant though I was really hoping to get a bead like pheno. I'm running some more now. They grow kind of slow in veg which is surpising.

Firein.TheSky, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain? Both seeds popped, and one is far more vigorous. They are feminized, but I know that means nothing, lol. I really appreciate your stopping by, cause any insights would be totally appreciated. Thanks , and have a great day.

FireIn.TheSky

I don't have much to say about them. I only ran 2 seeds so not much judgement can be made. I was and am still after the pearl necklace pheno.

My sativa pheno I got in the first round was good but not something I felt like keeping around, it was pretty ordinary no real standout features. I know based on what I have seen there is better phenos to be had that's why I scrapped it.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey OO,,,,,
very best of luck with this run..
so very interested to watch this,,,,
bought the flowers in Amsterdam and loved it,,
defo not for bedtime:),,,,
such a lovely variety but bag appeal would freak out peeps only used to cheese and ammo or other such like commercial varietys,,,
subbed and a very warm welcome back to IC from a warm NE London,,,,,
Glad your problems are sorted and when ones "back is against the wall" its then that you find out who your true friends really are!
a positive to every negative although it may not feel like it at the time!,,
keep safe and well Oo,,,,,,,s2:tiphat:

944s2, thanks for the warm welcome. I have never grown the Dr Grinspoon, but I'm excited. I really hope I get the bead pheno. Is the smoke really good? Have you ever grown it? I will keep posting pics, and thanks for dropping by!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
944s2, thanks for the warm welcome. I have never grown the Dr Grinspoon, but I'm excited. I really hope I get the bead pheno. Is the smoke really good? Have you ever grown it? I will keep posting pics, and thanks for dropping by!
hey Oo,,,,,
yes the smoke was great but i imagine it will catch a lot of people out ala "whiteys",,,,,
i have never grown it but i intend to run just a few in the future,,
the "beady" like pheno is the one but i think it would be a low yielder but i am not 100% on that cos i have never grown her,,,
smoke was superb and totally cut through the indica/sat hybrids flowers we were smoking before we hit the Grinspoon,,,
best of luck with her,,,
keep safe and well Oo,,,,,s2:tiphat:

subrovka

nice, please keep us updated!

..excited to see how yours turn out, here´s a picture of my revegged grinspoon indica leaning pheno

cheers man :tiphat:

Attachments

• P1010454.jpg
    P1010454.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010455.jpg
    P1010455.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 16

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Today's pics. The don't look very sativa like, but the are pretty!!

nice start. most plants sativa and indica start off with wider leaves that thin out some as they get older. the truer tell is the spacing between the leaflets. indicas are usually tighter and sometimes the leaves overlap whereas sativas the leaflets are usually more spread out and don't touch. but in general the wider and tighter the leaf the more indica and the thinner and more spread out the leaf the more sativa.

subrovka

hi, don´t wanna hijack your thread but how´s your grinspoon going?

I put mine in flower now, 8-9 weeks indica pheno. if you don´t mind i´m gonna post some budshots soon ; )

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

FireIn.TheSky

How'd these turn out, I've grown a few I have not found the elusive pearl pheno yet. Anyone found that one, what's the leaf look like on that pheno?