What's new

Sour Hazy Jones

SkunkMunkie

"Pure poison for the mind!!... But in a good way..."

Strain: Sour Hazy Jones ~ (Casey Jones X SSSDH ~ Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze) from Connoisseur Genetic's aka "CSG".

Growth: 4 weeks veg from reg' seed, and all 11 of the seeds cracked within 24 hours (paper towel method) and veg growth came on super fast, strong and healthy throughout the month of veg I gave them. They were topped once and LST'ed to make them branch out more too. Out of the 11 seeds started 5 were female and 6 were males, so a good balance there.
Once in flower these babies stretched upwards quite a lot mine reached just up to and over 6"ft (inc pot), so I'd recommend a lot of pinching/supercropping to keep their overall height low. There was a nice mix in phenos too, all sativa dom', ranging different coming in from the parent strains used and all of them are banging!! And most of them carried the stretch trait too apart from one which stayed short and stocky and bulked up quite a lot later into the cycle. Branches needed extra support to carry the mass weight that these ladies put on later into flower and the smell, weight and resin production on the long satty colas/buds was immense, meaty and dank throughout. The first two plants harvested were taken at day 72 and the rest were taken at day 85.
I've been very impressed growing this strain and other than what I've already mentioned it's been easy to feed & clone too, and just a real pleasure to spend time with imo.

Grown "Passive Hydro" ~ Pot Culture method. Medium used ~ CANNA Coco pro+ & perlite mix (70/30%)
Lighting for my grow op ~ Veg closet - x2 250w CFL (500w), Flower room - x3 600w HPS (1800w).

Nutes: CANNA ~ Coco A+B, CannaBoost, PK13/14, Rhizotonic, Cannazym, CANNA - Monos ~ Nitrogen, Calcium & Magnesium

Feeds & levels for flowering weeks -
Week#1 ~ E.C.- 1.6, ph - 5.9/6.0 - N & Cal ~ No "Boost" & no PK
Week#2 ~ E.C - 1.7, ph - 5.9/6.0 - just "Boost, N & Cal" , no PK
Week#3 ~ E.C - 1.7, ph - 5.9/6.0 - just "Boost", N & Cal. no PK
Week#4 ~ E.C - 1.8, ph - 5.9/6.0 - Boost & PK, N & Cal
Week#5 ~ E.C - 1.9, ph - 5.9/6.0 - Boost & PK, N & Cal
Week#6 ~ E.C - 1.7, ph - 5.9/6.0 - Boost & Mg, no PK, no N & no Cal
Week#7 ~ E.C - 1.6, ph - 5.9/6.0 - Boost & Cal, no PK, no N & no Mg
Weeks #8-#11 ~ Flush - plain water ph 5.9/6.0
Rhizotonic, Cannazym i've used all through weeks 1-7

Yield: From the x5 SHJ's I had here, I yielded around 17.5 oz total of dried & cured Bud!!

Bag Appeal: Mos Def has the look of great ganja imo. Light sativa looking buds that are totally covered in sticky/frosty resin crystals.

Smell: Varies from pheno's really but they are strong smelling spicey and hazy with very sour undertones. You'll get noticed with this in your pocket for sure.

Taste: Again it varies from pheno's but it tastes just like it smells really but there's more of a sleight lemon candy yet fuely taste to go with the sour spice kick. Very intense tingling taste, I just love it!!

The High: Straight up fast hitting heady rushing high thats mainly on the head and thought provoking and creative. It gets me very motivated and sends a speedy feel around the mind & body too. Not only that it then gives a very nice relaxed warm feeling that makes the palms of my hands quite sweaty too, no paranoia feeling at all and it works great for my anxiety and depression.
This strain is true connoisseur quality in it's effect all the way, long lasting and a good mood giggly buzz that's great for sex too I might add (giggerdy OH!).
Note: that this is not an "all in the head" high, overindulge in a session with this and it's goodnight for a few hours at least.

Comments: This is for sure a 9/10 strain for me, definitely better taken at 85 days though. And one I'd really recommend to any sativa lover to try, even indica heads will get a kick out of this bitch it's just grade AAA all the way.
If you've got the space to cope with the height of these gorgeous plants then you have gotta add this to your "to grow" lists!! It just has it all quality, taste, yield and high.

theskunkmunkie-274647-albums-sour-hazy-jones-connoisseur-genetic-s-picture1692085-sour-hazy-jones-day-72.jpg

theskunkmunkie-274647-albums-sour-hazy-jones-connoisseur-genetic-s-picture1674723-sour-hazy-jones-plant-1.jpg

theskunkmunkie-274647-albums-sour-hazy-jones-connoisseur-genetic-s-picture1675484-sour-hazy-jones-day-72.jpg

theskunkmunkie-274647-albums-sour-hazy-jones-connoisseur-genetic-s-picture1675483-sour-hazy-jones-day-72.jpg

theskunkmunkie-274647-albums-sour-hazy-jones-connoisseur-genetic-s-picture1675499-sour-hazy-jones-day-72.jpg

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks Skunk!! She looks crazy good! My order from the Boo is on it's wayyyyyyy!, can't wait to grow her!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
That looks killer!
Im getting ready to X a ChemmyJones with a SSSDH.
I bet it comes out even danker seeing as the Casey Jones is X'd to the ChemD and then X'd to a SSSDH. :biggrin:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I also have a pack of Chemmy Jones from last year's order. That is one I am kind of anxious to try. I have a SSSDH going in veg, also from last year's order. Flip to 12/12 in a week to find out sex. If you do-do a Chemmy Jones x SSSDH, be sure to let us know how it goes down.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Nice!! Did a journal on my Hippy Stash grow. Have one going on a Cheese N' Chaze now, not really gonna do one on my SSSDH-might take pics before and after flower though. And I am gonna do one on Sour Hazy Jones. Thanks for the interest, I will keep an eye out for that Chemmy Jones x SSSDH for sure

Pro Headies

Veteran
That looks killer!
Im getting ready to X a ChemmyJones with a SSSDH.
I bet it comes out even danker seeing as the Casey Jones is X'd to the ChemD and then X'd to a SSSDH. :biggrin:

I already did this and the cross is better then the Chemmyjones and the SSSDH's ive ran. Got 50 seeds of this cross and every female has been stellar. The one i keep i call SilverJones.

GSPfan

Veteran
I'm just finishing up my second round of lemon n lime jones which is sssdh x casey jones fems. SkunkMonkie your description seems very similar to my results except every tester scored at least one pheno that shows color without dropping the temp. But you're right, this is quality herb. And nice description by the way. Its really hard to accurately describe the funk of the buds but you do a pretty good job. Here's a pic of some finished lemon n lime jones. Sorry if the purple makes you jealous muh ha ha ha!
picture.php

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey everyone!!,
Sorry for the delay in getting this thread started... When I do get her started up, I am gonna dedicate this grow to my good friend Lou who lost his battle with diabetes, gastroperisis, and neuropathy last night. He was also a medical marijuana patient. A partner, a partner not just in the grow scene-but in life as well. I am also dealing with some health complication's myself, hence why I haven't started this thread yet.
Thank you for the interest, and I will start this up in the next few

smk8000

Are there any notable differences between the Sour Hazy Jones and the Lemon Lime Jones (other than reg vs fem)??? I was pretty set on the ECSD Haze but the more I hear about the Lemon Lime Jones the more I think it may be a more unique plant/experience. I want to go FEM if there is no real difference because I've got too many keepers and not enough room to sex out really.

rantan

grew a couple out last year and was very happy with them
both seemed to lean toward indica side in terms of structure and yeild, big chunky fat colas that really tipped the scales, used LST on them and still had to tie some branches up cause of the weight
smoko was very satisfying for me, more speedy head up high with energy and motivation, still able to function well but you knew in the head you were stoned alright, no heart racing paranoia
i let them run to 12 weeks yet had bugger all amber trichs, still didnt matter to me the smoko was great all the same
wish i had some more now
sure you will be pleased with them, hope you have a great run with them

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Heyyy everyone!!,
I kerplunked a Sour Hazy Jones into a cup of miracle grow seed starting mix with a little coco, and light amount of perlite mixed in. Still have some health stuff going on, but I want to get her goinggggg!! Should see her pop up in a few days. I will get a couple pics when she pokes her head up, thanks for checking the thread out

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Things are going well. I took these pics yesterday, and I also fim'd her the other day. Roots are out of the bottom :biggrin:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Transplanted her into a 3 gallon smart pot with coco coir/perlite mix today. Probs gonna veg her til the end of May, take cuttings-put her into 12/12 and hope for a female lol. I have only done 3 regular seeds, all CSG's gear and have ended up with a 3 out of 3 female ratio! I hope my new record is 4 for 4! Thanks for looking in :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts