What's new

poor old willie nelson

G

ya had to know this was going to happen sooner or later. sad day.

Sep 18, 2006 12:21 pm US/Central

Louisiana State Troopers have charged Willie Nelson and members of his band and touring entourage with possession of mushrooms and marijuana. Louisiana State Police say they stopped Nelson's tour bus to conduct a Commercial Vehicle Inspection on the westbound lanes of Interstate 10 near milepost 110 near Breaux Bridge, in St. Martin Parish.

They say when the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana in the bus. After smelling this, Troopers conducted a search of the bus and found approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and approximately two-tenths of a pound of psychedelic mushrooms on the bus.

Troopers took the driver out of service. The following people were charged with possession of mushrooms and possession of marijuana: Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Fla.; Willie Nelson, 73, of Spicewood; Nelson's sister Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas.

All were issued misdemeanor citations and released.

Laxpunker

Wait...they got a misdemanor charge? That's some bullshit, don't get me wrong I don't wanna see Willie in jail...but 1.5lbs?

Also, I'm no rocket science...but couldn't two-tenths of a pound be written as 1/5?

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Fuck the cops, bustin' Willie.......bugger them all with a barbed wire wrapped jackfruit!

G

they got lucky they were busted in LA instead of some other state

Down there state law is anything under 6 lbs is a misdemanor as a first offense. I think its pretty awesome

diggle

The first line of the post made me think he had died, the first line of the story made me think he was arrested.... 1.5 lbs and he doesn't even get taken in? Then again, what officer would arrest a buncha hippy old people just tryin to chill on their bus?

G

I'm glad nothing happened to Willie. But damn, if I had a 1.5 pounds of weed on me - They'd hang me for crimes against humanity in a public execution.

JLP

Veteran
Willie is the coolest,I'm sure he took it in stride.

In fact,I'd be willing to bet that the whole incident becomes a song.

JLP

PS:If you guys get a chance to see the American Masters series on PBS they just did an excellent one on Willie,I'm sure they'll re-run it.

diggle

Lessee....1.5 lbs/ 5 people = 1/3rd of a pound each....roughly 5.3 ounces PER PERSON. Yeah...sounds like a personal amount :D

wikidcalibudgrl

but diggle.... if they're on the road for months at a time,, it COULD be enough for personal use,,, could you see ol willie havin to score a bag in every town :biglaugh:

Laxpunker

Speaking of Willie, just saw a commercial of him 'endorsing' Bernie Sanders for Senate. If I didn't hate Bernie so much I'd think about voting for him...just for that.

diggle

I wasn't saying he should have been taken in or anything, just pointing out the fact that each of them was rolling w/ that much. I would consider an ounce per person to be a pretty bountiful amount....they each had five. Also....if it were you or I, I have to think things would have gone differently. :angrymod: :yoinks:

wikidcalibudgrl

i know,, i understood ya:wink: heck i'm afforded an 1 an a1/2 oz. per week ,, :tongue: that'd be what about a 3 an a 1/2 -4month supply,, perfect road smoke amount i think :D

diggle

It would def. be tough on the road for that long. I know whenever I've got a long drive ahead the 1st thing I think of is "How much bud do I have?"....sure makes the long cruises enjoyable.

Latest posts

Latest posts