What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I see that Joey Weed is back in the game! Fuckin A class news right there!

Putting in an order for some C99 f2s and Blueberry f2s first thing in the morning before he is all sold out!

I do have a question... Is there anyway to get in touch with him?? I am very curious to know if his C99 f2's are from current BroGrim's stock or the old school BroGrim's stock?

Can anyone possibly confirm this? If it is their current, I shall be skipping the order all together!

bestothebest

I would assume it is from the old one, he has the old ww f2, and it would be pretty pointless to make an f2 of current bg c99

IntotheGreen

I just popped a pack of JW's C99 a couple weeks ago. Still too early to say if they are for sure the same as I grew a decade ago, but I agree with BOTB that it would be kind of pointless to make F2's of the current Grimm batch. The description on HD is still the exact same as it was in 2007, claiming F2s of original BG stock. As my plants get a little bigger I should know by the stem smell right away if they are legit I would imagine. Nothing else has ever come close to smelling like that Cindy.

Easy7

Veteran
Never seen the hoohaa about the first Cindy in the first place. It's okay, great for daytime but not very.

IntotheGreen

Never seen the hoohaa about the first Cindy in the first place. It's okay, great for daytime but not very.

Meh - different folks, different strokes I guess. Obviously if you're an Indica all day every day plaster-me-to-the-couch kind of guy, Cindy probably isn't your cup of tea. Curious if you've smoked Joey Weed's version, which is the direct topic here? Maybe what you sampled in the past wasn't a great example of Cindy, since I can attest that not a single person who tried mine (on my first-ever couple grows btw) didn't at least say "WOW!" A fairly typical reaction that I got from several people was that they felt like they had just done a line of cocaine rather than smoked weed. Combine that effect with Cindy's compact growth, ease of SCROGing/training, and unique, memorable funky tropical smells, and you see why it has earned it's place as an indoor growing sativa-lover's dream. But that's just my two cents.

Here's a pic of my JW Cindy from about 10 yrs ago:
picture.php

MountainBudz

Meh - different folks, different strokes I guess. Obviously if you're an Indica all day every day plaster-me-to-the-couch kind of guy, Cindy probably isn't your cup of tea. Curious if you've smoked Joey Weed's version, which is the direct topic here? Maybe what you sampled in the past wasn't a great example of Cindy, since I can attest that not a single person who tried mine (on my first-ever couple grows btw) didn't at least say "WOW!" A fairly typical reaction that I got from several people was that they felt like they had just done a line of cocaine rather than smoked weed. Combine that effect with Cindy's compact growth, ease of SCROGing/training, and unique, memorable funky tropical smells, and you see why it has earned it's place as an indoor growing sativa-lover's dream. But that's just my two cents.

Here's a pic of my JW Cindy from about 10 yrs ago:
View Image

Now that right there is a beautiful Cindy!

I have never tried the real deal, I grew out a couple c99 from Female Seeds year before last and got two nice phenos. The smells were amazing but the high was just decent. One pheno was shorter and bushier and the other a little lankier and less bushy. They both were done by or before day 55... One smelled like straight pineapple and the other smelled like grapefruit/spice.

I personally am in search and in hopes for the "rotten meat" pheno. I might get lucky or I might not. Has anyone heard of that pheno coming out of Joey Weeds f2s in the past? I mean if it is the real deal then I am sure it will express itself somewhere in the line...

MountainBudz

Hemp Depot just confirmed this question for me in a email response yesterday evening.

Yes they are his old stock, before he disappeared.

I have seen another thread on here about Joey Weed's new gear in concerns of the same question. So hopefully this will confirm and ease their curiosity as well!

With that being said, look's as if I am going to be running me some Joey Weed c99 and Blueberry f2's within a couple of weeks!!!

:tiphat:

IntotheGreen

Awesome! It's what I had figured but thanks for getting the confirmation from HD. Happy days are here again!

Easy7

Veteran
I dunno who's version or that I could even verify it was c99. Dense flowers, crystals and had a candy thing going. Was tripping a lot at the time and it had good effect just not anything crippling...which would be a strong point in the herb. Was from a circle that plays around and knows what's what. Guess I've been more into something that cripples, or has an edge of uncertainty.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hemp Depot just confirmed this question for me in a email response yesterday evening.

Yes they are his old stock, before he disappeared.

I have seen another thread on here about Joey Weed's new gear in concerns of the same question. So hopefully this will confirm and ease their curiosity as well!

With that being said, look's as if I am going to be running me some Joey Weed c99 and Blueberry f2's within a couple of weeks!!!

Exactly what did he say about them being "old stock before he went away"?? He did not tell me they were "old stock", in fact he stated he, "was still waiting on them to arrive", obviously new gear not old gear sitting on a shelf collecting dust for a decade.

I do hope they are f2 but expect they are f3 or later versions as it has been quite a while since these were last available.

I am on hiatus but when I do my next round these will get into the mix....My Granny Haze (old-timers purple haze x '16 grimm C99 females(punch and grapefruit girls)
LT

MountainBudz

Exactly what did he say about them being "old stock before he went away"?? He did not tell me they were "old stock", in fact he stated he, "was still waiting on them to arrive", obviously new gear not old gear sitting on a shelf collecting dust for a decade.

I do hope they are f2 but expect they are f3 or later versions as it has been quite a while since these were last available.

I am on hiatus but when I do my next round these will get into the mix....My Granny Haze (old-timers purple haze x '16 grimm C99 females(punch and grapefruit girls)
LT

Me:

"Howdy!

I am planning on doing an order asap possibly of Joey Weed's c99 f2s... But only if these f2s are from the old school Brothers Grimm selection back years ago.

If it is Brothers Grimm current f2s then I will unfortunately have to pass... If it is his BG's old stock then me and a friend* of mine may possibly order every pack he is offering.

Thank you! Hope to hear from you soon!"

*********:

"From what I understand, they are Joey's same genetics from back in the day.

Peace,
Brad"

Exact words there Lost Tribe, this was copy and pasted.

Me and a buddy are planning on wiping them out. They do have them in stock now. This email was just day before yesterday.

I'm growing some unknown c-99, that came from Hemp Depot as a substitution in an unmarked foil package.
I smell rotten meat, maybe it is the C-99's?

MountainBudz

I'm growing some unknown c-99, that came from Hemp Depot as a substitution in an unmarked foil package.
I smell rotten meat, maybe it is the C-99's?

Well I hope to hell you got cuts??? If not, plan now to reveg!

Do you have pics????

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
I feel, most peoples impression of cinderella99 is from certain phenos (pineapple and rotten fruit come to mind) some of the less desirable tasting and smelling phenos in that Bros Grimm stock were electric, as well. There is some speedy stuff to be found, for sure, which probably not be attractive to some.
As far as growth characteristics, in my view, this is where cindy attains 'special' status...........sativa style growth patterns and smells and effects with manageable heights and finishing times......with typical chubby hybrid 'buds.'

just my 2 cents (adjusted for inflation) tossed in the pond.

hope everyone is well.

-cap

IntotheGreen

I feel, most peoples impression of cinderella99 is from certain phenos (pineapple and rotten fruit come to mind) some of the less desirable tasting and smelling phenos in that Bros Grimm stock were electric, as well. There is some speedy stuff to be found, for sure, which probably not be attractive to some.
As far as growth characteristics, in my view, this is where cindy attains 'special' status...........sativa style growth patterns and smells and effects with manageable heights and finishing times......with typical chubby hybrid 'buds.'

just my 2 cents (adjusted for inflation) tossed in the pond.

hope everyone is well.

-cap

Pretty much spot on, I think. I seem to remember the smells on my JWs (of which I only grew out 4 females total) were split between a more fruity/citrus aroma, kind of a 'brighter' smell, and a muskier, spicier scent, with a kind of rotten undertone. A little sweet skunkiness to them both... distinct, but equally intoxicating.

The other thing I remember was, in addition to the great quality and potency of the high, was its length. I only had a couple of ounces each time so I barely let any cure for even a month lol, but by the end of the jar I could smoke one or two small bowls and be at least 90% as high 4 hrs later.

It would be cool if these seeds are from the same batch as the old days, but even if they are F3s of those I'm not complaining!

IntotheGreen

Update:
picture.php

Smaller ones catching up a little now; starting to see the first traces of preflowers on the 5th node of the bigger ones. Can't tell sex for sure yet but likely within a couple days. Not much in the way of smell on the stems yet, but that's pretty consistent with what I recall from this stage with my JW Cindys back in the day.