What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fruits from the wild: Breeding with pure sativas Mextiza and Ghana

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pictures I've just taken.

Mextiza, 8 weeks and a half

Ghana, 9 weeks. Just one random tip. I'l have to make an effort to take a good macro picture, because I see resin there.

This is a Jack Herer Mextiza seeded with Ghana seeds.

These seeds will be ready in a couple of weeks

Cheers

dc2569

Some pictures I've just taken.

Mextiza, 8 weeks and a half

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1821403&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1821404&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1821405&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Ghana, 9 weeks. Just one random tip. I'l have to make an effort to take a good macro picture, because I see resin there.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1821406&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

This is a Jack Herer Mextiza seeded with Ghana seeds.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74972&pictureid=1821407&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

These seeds will be ready in a couple of weeks

Cheers

Those sure do resemble my old school skunk alot whats the smell like?

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just selected the Ghanaians I prefer. Two females full of flowers and resin and two males. I'll use the females to cross to my Mextiza males and to make an F3 of the Ghanaians.

The smell of the mextizas is their usual orange-lemon-honey obsessive stink.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pictures I took of the two Ghana plants I selected.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I selected them by the resin and flowers mostly, but their structure is also better.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
The way the forum manages links is a piece of shit. Pictures are in C A N N A B I S C A F E forum

Carraxe

Veteran
I uploaded lower quality pics. I don't understand this censorship, so If anyone can explain it...

Selected Ghana after 10 weeks of flowering.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just culled all Ghana plants except the couple I selected. I need the space. They have been flowering for ten weeks and I don't expect to get any high smoking them, but they were shiny with resin and I'll try in a couple of months. I think I can load 4 or 5 grams of the stuff in the Plenty vaporizer, maybe it works.

Cheers

OnceUpon

im still checking in, nice project. have you experimented with mextiza hybrids before? notice any dominant/ recessive traits?

Carraxe

Veteran
I made several crosses, but I have experience growing my Jack Herer Mextiza only, several times. There is a thread I made about. Mextiza is absolutely dominant. I guess Ghana is dominant too, so I don't know what to expect.

Cheers

OnceUpon

ahh yes, ill check that thread out again. just hit a couple mextiza f2's with some tikal freezer pollen. hoping its viable. no citrus here... musky incense. seems to be in line with some descriptions of the oaxaca ive seen. you come across those smells?

Carraxe

Veteran
What I've found in Mextizas is their intoxicating honey-lime stink. I remember that mexican landraces are usually defined as lemony.

Bardo Eagle

Very good Carraxe!! Nice cross and good selection when I see a silvery blue bud ,in this case Ghana, I'm sure that will be a blast dope :woohoo:

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pictures of the Senegal Black plants. After near 6 weeks 12/12, they are showing their real shape.

They grow with an original plant structure. Most of the plants have the flower bunches growing in the top of stems, what makes the buds look totally different to what I usually grow. Flower size, as trichome size, can be enormous in these plants. Nothing to do with the very very little trichomes the Ghana show.

These are two any plants, the easiest to take out of the tent. The first picture is one of the tops of the left plant. The original one is the right one.

Left plant. Quite usual bud formation and flower size.

The top of the plant at the right side.

Good smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Senegal Black crossed with Angola Red. The mixed genetics made the results different. Lovely plants.

The left plant is more manageable and more resinous. I suppose the hybrid genetics are more present in the Angola Red strain.

The plant in the right looks more like the Senegal.

The good part starts now. I guess that now they will start maturing relatively soon, but I don't really know.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Carraxe,
lovely plants, the Senegal Black is especially interesting with its flower structure(right side plant), looks quite alien to me :)
Looking forward to further development.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
I've just started curing the Ghana plants I discarded. The smell once they were dried is very spicy, wild, really different. Production is very low since I cut them prematurely, at about 11 weeks, but they are resinous and smelly and I think I'm going to get a high out of them. I'll just have to use a lot:dance013:

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
First seeds from a Ghana cross. The female was a Mextiza x Jack Herer. I think the seeds in Mextiza plants got lost, they look still inmature after 7 weeks. But these look good.

Rgd

Veteran
i grew the "vibes" ghana several times..
it grew well for a stretchy long flower sativa..
had that grassy/spicy smell..a fair bit of resin..
it did not make me want to delve further..
......so many out there to test

Carraxe

Veteran
i grew the "vibes" ghana several times..
it grew well for a stretchy long flower sativa..
had that grassy/spicy smell..a fair bit of resin..
it did not make me want to delve further..
......so many out there to test

Yes, plenty of weeds to grow and test. But I think this Ghanaians offer a nice African landrace experience and they only take about 16 weeks. Easy to grow, faster than American landraces, and very different.

In that field there aren't that many good herbs to test.

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
Some pics of one of the Angola Senegal females. This is the fastest one, that is more compact as well. In 9 weeks she'll be ready, nothing to do with the Senegal plants, that are quite slow, and most of them are growing foxtails. Pictures later.

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts