What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your Pearly Whites!

justiceman

Veteran
Band together fellow cocoheads and provide pictures of your finest roots! I'll start this off with a cute little seedling in a shot glass solo cup.

Show the people that good roots provide better fruits!

picture.php

Last edited:

gr866

Veteran
This is a one gallon, I transplanted it a little early do to time restrictions, it had only been in the 1 gallon pots for just over 10 days.

GR

GastroGrower

Oooh, I'm gonna have to snag some pics once I move some plants to bigger pots. Don't think I'll be beating yours though. #Goals

justiceman

Veteran
justice, your roots are on time dude! Wow!! What's your secret??
Thanks! No secrets here buddy. All I use is veg+bloom(1part dry nutrient), +life(microbes), and shine(pk booster for flower). That's it. No BS. No magic. IMO good roots in coco come with good watering practices period. Doesn't matter what you use as long as you water often.

I never let my coco dry out. I water at least once a day(except for seedlings at the very beginning). The more I water the better growth and the more roots I get because of the fresh oxygen being pulled into the medium on a regular basis.

Dry coco kills roots, and so does Wet coco that has stayed wet for days and not been watered again to renew the oxygen levels. Can't "over water" coco. You can only deprive the roots of oxygen. The longer one waits to water in coco the longer the roots are deprived of oxygen.

In other words. Feed often and you will get the pearls!

What wizardry is this, my roots are not worthy.

damn.

Here's one:

View Image

From the yogurt cup challenge a couple years ago.
Sweet picture that is a cool sounding challenge! I gotta try that for fun sometime. I see those pearls. Those roots surely are worthy! hahaha right on man the wizardry was posted above. Nothing special just frequent feeds.

Oooh, I'm gonna have to snag some pics once I move some plants to bigger pots. Don't think I'll be beating yours though. #Goals
Yes bring the pics my man! I'm sure you'll have some fine roots to show:biggrin:

Alright here's another one! Can you tell I like taking roots shots :laughing:
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
:party:Starting to run out of shots soon here. I think I have 2 or 3 left. Last one's gonna be a real good one. Let's do this! I know some of you are lurking around hiding your precious root shots from us all! Let the roots be free. They don't get enough love!
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
:biggrin:Thank you very much! Very nice thread you've started. How long has that cutting been rooting?

Thanks! That little lady is a Deep Purple seedling. I think that was errrrr about 2-3 weeks after germination. I've seen faster seedling growth from others but my room was a bit cold at the time hahaha.

Here's a Pure Afghan that I have kept in a solo cup for 9 or 10 weeks from seed lmao! Kind of a little experiment.The roots are angry, but still white:biggrin:. Ohhhh I need to take a picture of my DeadHead OG in a hempy for you guys! The top of the coco is hilarious.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Yea the cotyledons are clearly visible lol.
:biggrin: yup no worries lol!

Nice work justiceman. Do u skip any days watering after a transplant?
Right on! I suppose it depends on the size of the current container and the size of the container I'm transplanting into. If say I went from a solo cup into a half gallon pot then I don't skip any feed days. If I put a solo into a 2 gal pot then I might skip a day, but I won't go past 2 days as I start to fear for stagnant air inside the medium.

---------------------------------

Alright here's another shotglass size solo cup seedling shot!
picture.php

Miraculous Meds

:biggrin: yup no worries lol!

Right on! I suppose it depends on the size of the current container and the size of the container I'm transplanting into. If say I went from a solo cup into a half gallon pot then I don't skip any feed days. If I put a solo into a 2 gal pot then I might skip a day, but I won't go past 2 days as I start to fear for stagnant air inside the medium.

---------------------------------

Alright here's another shotglass size solo cup seedling shot!View Image

Thanks for sharing. Ive been using coir for a lot of years, but am always looking to improve. I think my prior issues with fungus gnats and dry salty coir have led me to believe that u have to have a dry cycle between transplants for the roots to stretch or u can drown them n slow growth down a bit. Now that I have a consistent medium, and no bugs to worry about, I think I will experiment with watering every day on a plant thru its tp stages n see how she reacts. I usually go from root plug, to solo, to 1 gal, to 2 gal, to either a 3.5 or 5 gal for their final flower pot.

justiceman

Veteran
Thanks for sharing. Ive been using coir for a lot of years, but am always looking to improve. I think my prior issues with fungus gnats and dry salty coir have led me to believe that u have to have a dry cycle between transplants for the roots to stretch or u can drown them n slow growth down a bit. Now that I have a consistent medium, and no bugs to worry about, I think I will experiment with watering every day on a plant thru its tp stages n see how she reacts. I usually go from root plug, to solo, to 1 gal, to 2 gal, to either a 3.5 or 5 gal for their final flower pot.

No prob give it a shot! I believe that frequent feeds in coco is the ticket. I don't think you'll be disappointed. If it was soil that's a different story but as I'm sure you know coco holds tons of oxygen in it even when fully saturated. It's not possible to drown roots if oxygen is present. That's how DWC and UC work.

Been saving this one!:dance013:. She's never seen a dry day in her life.

My DeadHead OG!
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts