Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Air circulation questions

Thread Title Search
Air circulation questions Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2018, 02:59 PM #1
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
Air circulation questions

I use a spare room. Itís not sealed off. I lightproof door using light blocking panel curtains, and block the window using blankets

Whenever I go home from work I usually open room door just to help get circulation.

I use a diy carbon filter and never worry about smell. The filter already basically sits right in front of window.

My questions are

1 does opening the room door even do anything?
2 should I open the window in the grow room? If so, how long should I have the window open minimum?
Complete Noob is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 PM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Circulation is air moving around the room.
This is typically accomplished by having a fan or two blowing air around the room.

Ventilation is air exchange through the room.
It is typically accomplished by placing a fan such that it creates either a positive or negative pressure relative to the surrounding environment. Without ventilation there is no air exchange and this will lead to a lack of CO2 in the room very quickly.

Opening the door accomplishes a little bit of ventilation but is probably insufficient for replacing the used CO2.

Ventilation is also used to control temperature and humidity.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:36 PM #3
bsgospel

bsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of lightbsgospel is a glorious beacon of light
Bingo- cooling and circulation are different. Get a low speed fan or two.
bsgospel is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 05:26 PM #4
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nice
There are fans where ever I grow!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=molasses

Home distilled water: Check on ebay for countertop distillers.

Insects got you down? Try HOTSHOT No Pest Strips (NPS). Say goodbye to spider mites, etc.

$20 Hash Press https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

How to transplant stress free: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...94#post1500194

Need durable Plant Markers? Cut an old venetian blind to your size and label with a Sharpie!

Overgrow the world

*****ANYBODY for President *****

The only WOODSTOCK I saw was the WOODSTOCK of my M-14 rifle.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 06:00 PM #5
Complete Noob

Complete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enoughComplete Noob will become famous soon enough
I have fans so you guys are saying I donít need anything extra?

Old 10-16-2018, 06:35 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Don't mean to quote myself but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Circulation is air moving around the room.
This is typically accomplished by having a fan or two blowing air around the room.

Ventilation is air exchange through the room.
It is typically accomplished by placing a fan such that it creates either a positive or negative pressure relative to the surrounding environment. Without ventilation there is no air exchange and this will lead to a lack of CO2 in the room very quickly.

Opening the door accomplishes a little bit of ventilation but is probably insufficient for replacing the used CO2.

Ventilation is also used to control temperature and humidity.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 07:20 PM #7
Complete Noob

So Iím guessing opening the window wouldnít accomplish this either because you would have answered question number two right?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:24 PM #8
Complete Noob

Also I forgot to mention central air does using ac help any?

Old 10-16-2018, 07:29 PM #9
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complete Noob View Post
So Iím guessing opening the window wouldnít accomplish this either because you would have answered question number two right?
Answer these question, because you are confusing as hell
  • so, the room is your tent. Correct?
  • do you have fans in your room, to circulate the air? This is not your exhaust fan, they are separate.
  • your carbon filter fan should be exhausting out the window
  • how big is the room?
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 09:33 PM #10
Complete Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Answer these question, because you are confusing as hell
  • so, the room is your tent. Correct?
  • do you have fans in your room, to circulate the air? This is not your exhaust fan, they are separate.
  • your carbon filter fan should be exhausting out the window
  • how big is the room?
Yes my room is “tent” closet is veg
Yes I have fans
No it is not exhausting out the window
9x12 I believe, closet 5x5