Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Lights/Grow/Yield tent issue

Thread Title Search
Lights/Grow/Yield tent issue Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 07:01 PM #1
demetris

demetris is on a distinguished road
Lights/Grow/Yield tent issue

Hello everyone,

I'd need your help to solve this problem. Due to lack of experience with CFLs and LEDs.
I'm a HPS fan; unfortunately my old grow tent (120x120x200cm) is too big for my new room.
As I'm the only user of the weed I grow, I'd like to keep on growing, but in a "small-scale". So I decided to set up a small grow tent (60x60x140cm) and leave the HPS world.

As I was mentioning before, I do not need big yields of weed, but do not want to produce 20 grams from a plant :O

In your opinion and experience and due the small grow tent, which yields can I expect from these new lightning systems?

Grow space: 60x60x140cm

Plants: 1/2 fem, photo

Substrate: coco coir + 30% perlite

Fert: Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow Coco (A+B)

Light OPTION 1: 1 SONLIGHT PAR38 GROW LED BOOSTER 36W + 1 SONLIGHT PAR38 BLOOM LED BOOSTER 36 W (used togheter; tot. 72W)

These lights consume 13 W and 36 W is their output (tot. 72W). They give 1920 lumen each (tot. 3840 lumen). They cost 65 Euros each (something like 55 dollars). Seem a bit expensive if you compare their prices with some LEDs sold on Amazon (as Bloomspect 300W and Viparspectra Reflector Series 300W, both for 70 Euros each...)...Maybe they are not solid and that's maybe why growshops throughout Europe do not sell these items as Bloomspect (?).

Light OPTION 2: 2x CFL 45 W (tot. 90 W)

Hope you can help me Thanks very much
demetris is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 PM #2
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Hey bro I don't really have anything helpful, but https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65545 is the sub-forum for microgrows and there are some beautiful cabinets in there with people running screw in lights even. I highly recommend this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806 for anybody looking into micro grows. He's just using off the shelf screw in lights and those octopus light adapter things that let you plug a bunch of lights into 1 socket. It has almost too much information, but hopefully it steers you to making the best decision for your situation.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 10:17 PM #3
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Hey bro I don't really have anything helpful, but https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65545 is the sub-forum for microgrows and there are some beautiful cabinets in there with people running screw in lights even. I highly recommend this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806 for anybody looking into micro grows. He's just using off the shelf screw in lights and those octopus light adapter things that let you plug a bunch of lights into 1 socket. It has almost too much information, but hopefully it steers you to making the best decision for your situation.
What he said.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2018, 10:21 PM #4
demetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
Thanks a lot bro I'll check it for sure

Old 09-27-2018, 12:35 AM #5
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really nice
You can use a 150W HPS in that tent, if you keep the plants small enough.
Guy Brush is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2018, 01:34 AM #6
demetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Brush View Post
You can use a 150W HPS in that tent, if you keep the plants small enough.
Yeah bro, briefly considered it. Then abandoned the idea, because of the heat-related consequences. Have you done it before?

Honestly, that side of "cool" lights as LED has been fascinating me. On the other side, I admit that this part of market is quite a mess if you don't know any personal opinion about a specific model of LEDs.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I'll think of it some days more.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:45 PM #7
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really niceGuy Brush is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by demetris View Post
Yeah bro, briefly considered it. Then abandoned the idea, because of the heat-related consequences. Have you done it before?

Honestly, that side of "cool" lights as LED has been fascinating me. On the other side, I admit that this part of market is quite a mess if you don't know any personal opinion about a specific model of LEDs.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I'll think of it some days more.

Yes it's perfect for the area. A 150W lamp won't get hot like a 400W. Only the height seems to be too small for getting a lamp and filter inside. But you can workaround it with an extra box for the filter on top of it or maybe put the the filter outside the box and use it blowing and not sucking, well...maybe...Or just using plants with less stretch.

Last edited by Guy Brush; 09-28-2018 at 07:56 PM..
Guy Brush is offline Quote