What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor guerilla plots

blackone

Veteran
Managed to get out there with the slug-guards yesterday night - turned out I hadn't made enough because I had 17 and 18 were missing the cans. So I have 34 plants in spot 3. I guess I can't count.
It's already starting to grow - the rain we had wasn't even visible any more but it's supposed to keep raining this week. Days of mixed rain and sun are exactly what the doctor ordered - I bet the little ones will be happy.

blackone

Veteran
Lit up and went for a walk in the forest. Decided to check up on spot #1 and shoot a few pics. The large ones are almost up to my waist, while the little ones have only grown very little in a month... I suspect they're not getting nearly as much light in that spot as I thought they would.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also visited spot #2 but didn't shoot any pics. Actually it was pretty dumb to go there because I was only in short pants and had to wade through a sea of stinging nettles more than 2m tall but I was a bit high on a motivational sativa so I thought "to heck with it".
Actually didn't get burned too bad - the large nettles aren't as bad as the little ones. Made me feel like I was a boyscout again:)

J

Jydsk

Looks like they love it there, they look healthy from what i can see and they're shooting at a good rate....nice spot

Good luck m8, hope they keep safe from rippers

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - btw the big ones are all your doing Esbe. Redhaired Sonja * Erdpurt, Phil's Erdpurt * E-Rocket / Danish Passion and Erdpurt F2.
So I expect them to continue vegging for quite a while because I think they're all pretty late flowering plants? I wonder how large they can get with another month of veg... Dunno if I should top them now or just let them continue.

The small ones are Freja - I hope they still have some vegging to do before they start flowering, because they won't yield much if they start flowering at the size they are now. Next time I go out to spot #3 I'll be able to see how well that strain does in a better location where they're getting many hours of full sun.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
i dont think topping is nice when they stand so close. consider tieing dowm later if they get to big. please take a few pix from the individual plants bro. one that interest me much is Redhaired Sonja * Erdpurt as i think you are the only or one of the few running it

blackone

Veteran
Will do - I'll be going back pretty soon to put out more slug pellets as they're dissolving + add a little fertilizer while we still have some rain to water it down to the roots.
I'll also get some pics of my plot #2 containing only your B3N7*Erdpurt*RD crosses (The one in the sea of monster nettles). They're stretching like crazy over there - perhaps the nettles are blocking too much of the sun but I'm a little reluctant to suppress them too much at the sides because the spot might get too obvious. I think they're just gonna have to keep growing up towards the light. I'm very very excited about the Katsu Bubba cross - I really hope it will finish.

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
B3N7*Erdpurt*RD is naturelly very stretchy cross that will end up in super tight and many smaller compact almost white buds. its a cross that like to be treated with some mold preventing products like amistar, two three times in its life. under our wet and cold conditions.

the Katsu Bubba cross gives me the hard on, i speak to them every day, asking them please to finish here. i think it will as the pure katsu do

blackone

Veteran
The pure katsu finishes in Denmark?? Man tell me more, hehe:)
I don't think fungicides are available unless you know a farmer though?

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
i think you can find amistar or other if you look a lil around. i had only less than 5% mold last season and i think it was due to my use of amistar. suppose its okay to use when they use it for food crops on the fields.

check my katsu finishing od here last year in my 08 thread. it also finished in 07. i had them in big containers, not rootbound.

rootbound was the amnesia haze cut and to my big supprise that finished also.

K

kallenavndk

They look great champ....I would top em :D well they close but if u just top em small time or fim the top of each then they wont bush so much that it will be a problem...Imo but anyways u have a real nice grow going m8 ...Dejligt Med Dansk :D

blackone

Veteran
I don't think I'll be topping these - they've grown quite a bit in a week or so they don't look tall on the pics but they're actually well above 1m now:
picture.php

Red Sonja * Erdpurt:
picture.php

spot 2 - yeah I know these are a little close and I still can't sex them:
picture.php

A few more went out in spot #3:
picture.php

picture.php

keke.nz

looking nice blackbone! keep up the good work.
i wouldnt have a clue what you would yield a m/sq but i'm sure you will get a nice yield.

peace keke :joint:

dkmonk

Wow amazing grow, hopefully I can do something half as decent as you next year.

Well we all got to start somewhere though.

Thanx for the inspiration.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks people. I'm appreciating all feedback.
It's been raining cats and dogs lately and I've been a bit anxious to see how the plants have handled it.

Spot 1 - large plants are looking good. Although they were crawling with slugs they didn't seem to do much damage:
picture.php

Erdpurt F2:
picture.php

Many smaller Freja were affected by the slugs... stinging nettles growing up alongside them have enabled the bastards to scale the cans. This strain is slow to show sex so perhaps not quite auto:
picture.php

Spot 2:
Katsu Bubba Kush * B3N7/Erdpurt*RD
picture.php

Wind and rain have unfortunately wreaked serious havoc here... dunno if it's the loose soil from not letting the hole settle, the fact that I didn't plant very deep or simply because the plants have grown lanky and weak (Very fast growth - no time to lignify stems that have a crispy salad texture instead of woody.
picture.php

More devastation - to add insult to injury the slugs are attacking the deliciously crispy plants while they're laying down:
picture.php

Guess I gotta get out there and stake those plants - also a good handful or 4 of slug pellets would help.

I hope spot #3 looks better than 1 and 2...

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Hey blackone. Spot 1 looks great.
Spot 2 needs a little work and lots of love and care, I´m sure you´ll take care of this :smile:
Cant wait for new pics from spot 3

P :smoke: