What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else notice MJ laws easing up across the states?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I was talking to my girl the other day about how drastically pot laws very from state to state and went to show her examples of these insane laws and noticed that many non-green states have recently eased up on charge classifications and penalties. In my own state, small possession coming down from being a misdemeanor to a minor misdemeanor and paraphernalia charges also being decriminalized. I also noticed some states are easing up on cultivation penalties from when I last checked.

I take all this as a sign of better times down the road for the average stoner.

For all of you outside of Uncle Sam land, have you seen any progress in your home country?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
As always, Ohio is the opposite. LOL

This state is so fucked up. Our new mmj law does not allow home grow. You can only buy from the state's authorized sellers. And, their price is double the black market price.

So, as anyone can see, the legal mmj program will fail.

So, to make sure it works, Ohio is STEPPING UP enforcement to make sure the black market dies and the only source is their own bought and paid distributors. Sale of any amount can do 5 years. Possession of any amount is only a misdemeanor but if it's black market pot, you can loose your driver's license for one year EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT DRIVING WHEN YOU'RE BUSTED. LMAO Same goes for getting caught with a pipe or other paraphernalia.

So, even though the actual law regarding pot possession is better than it was 10 years ago, they managed to keep enough ammo to blast your ass into space for even the smallest infraction, if they want to.

Ohio has always been a great and wealthy industrial state. They can't get used to the fact that we are flat broke now with no industry. So, they steal wherever they can.

A license to grow in Ohio is $200,000.00 PER YEAR.

Gotta love this state. Moving in May, thank God.

shithawk420

Veteran
Wow! That's outrageous.and I thought GA was bad.fuck Ohio! It's kinda ironic cause the town I live in is named Ohio! Lol different state of course

'Boogieman'

Im in Indiana and it is still 100% illegal. That being said we have a bad heroin epidemic and the cops in my town don't really seem to care about weed. About a year ago I got pulled over on a bridge and I was smoking. The cop told me I don't want him to call a dog just give it up so I did. Then he made me dump the bag over the bridge right into the river and he was just laughing about it. He let me go and was ok about it but we do have some cops who will arrest you and treat you like a drug addict. If arrested you could get a year, most likely probation but I know some people who had prior arrests who did 90 days in jail with 6 months probation after release.

Drewsif

I was looking at the inmate roster in a couple small towns in a state who just started mmj.. 90% of the inmates had a paraphernalia charge. Exactly what I expected. Grows getting busted more than ever too. A dispensary every 25 miles so no cardholder can grow their measly fuckin 3 plants.

Crooked med states with no-grow clauses can go to hell. The "25 mile law" exists in multiple states, what a damn coincidence.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While the laws may be coming closer to what we desire they've got a looooong ways to go. penalties may even be becoming less but the new laws are creating more folks to target those laws against.

The War will never be over until our favorite plant is completely 100% removed from any type of scheduling.

DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!

JustSumTomatoes

Do you guys think medical is a negative to the overall legalization movement? Like it's making pot just another substance they control so they can put everyone behind bars they're not making money off of.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Do you guys think medical is a negative to the overall legalization movement? Like it's making pot just another substance they control so they can put everyone behind bars they're not making money off of.

i believe that to an extent, there is at least a perception in certain circles that this is true. it is easy to believe it too. it is not like nobody ever tries to take advantage of any situation for $$$...

JustSumTomatoes

Pot legalization can be a touchy topic. I had a dealer (was his only source of income) that was totally opposed to legalization of any kind. He truly enjoyed the wild west atmosphere of prohibition, even though he himself was a stoner. I tried to make the whole ethics of prohibition being wrong argument but he wouldn't have it. I guess in a way he was right cause ever since I started growing my own he never saw me again lol.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Pot legalization can be a touchy topic. I had a dealer (was his only source of income) that was totally opposed to legalization of any kind. He truly enjoyed the wild west atmosphere of prohibition, even though he himself was a stoner. I tried to make the whole ethics of prohibition being wrong argument but he wouldn't have it. I guess in a way he was right cause ever since I started growing my own he never saw me again lol.

"wild west atmosphere" lol. i've long said that if you want young people to quit doing something, legalize it, tax it, treat it like something adults do. you talk about making it unappealing to young folks...it is no longer exciting if their parents do it.

Imma Bri

Yes. Here is why.

#1 - I have sold to dispensaries in California, my home state - and they don't care what it is as long as the people want to get stoned. I have delivered high quality medicinal and they literally tossed it into another labeled bin that was trend selling. What about particular issues with Sativa or Indica? No care.

#2 - In Nevada, the Cannabis medicinal scene is 100% dirty. 1st time in my life I ever smoked weed that tasted like what is to be expected from the tainted laced weed we were all warned about (paraquat, etc), which we never found. I lived in Nevada for 18 months and literally stopped purchasing from local dispensaries because I know chemicals, i know artificial flavourings, and i don't like my wax the consistency peanut butter which was pretty much standard before i left last year.

#3 Legalization has done nothing other than what was expected: Deliver huge sums of money to local governments and their best friends turned dispensary owners.

The entire goal was to take the money out of the hands street dealers and place it into the pockets of those willing to go the extra mile to pay them $150k-300k just for a 100 plant grow license, or $250k-500k for a dispensary license, plus the $4000-$10,000 dollar application fee (and some states have a 2 application process), and lastly the annual renewal of these licenses.
-------------
Justice is the advantage of the stronger. Whenever you you see any legislation, it is always 100% attached by business interest. It is business interest which drives the world and your lives, unless you move to change that.

It is the language of commerce which has determined everything around you. It is why you have a "citizenSHIP", "relationSHIPs", and use a currency-current-sea, that is managed by banks which every river has, like they all have a docks with a berth/birth where people get their berth/birth-certificate on arrival from the ship.

Even the moon is part of the great Mani-money hoax, and the name games only matter in so much as hopefully shaking a person out of this tree of good and evil called "society" so they land on their hit and go "oh shit, this place is nuts, we need to get away from it all".
-------------

Many of us know this and just do not say it to ourselves, or ever entertain the thoughts:

Nothing good comes of the government for long, anywhere, ever. The worst thing they could do is put their hands in our pretty green flowers and now they have, and none of those people growing big and small on their own who don't seek sources like this, know of Monsanto..

Won't be long before everyone is smoking Marijuanto by Monsanto, Marlbudsboro, and Republic Tobacco & Cannabis Flavoured pre-rolls.

And that is what it is about. Nothing to do with with medicine, or healing, or regulation, and everything to do with the fact that the combustion engine came out in 1775, the electric car was doing 100kph in 1911, and here we are 2018 and Elon Musks is pretending like making electric cars is monumental effort: Money.

White Beard

Nothing around here resembling movement on the question of cannabis at large.
Recent allowance of medical dispensaries has made it clear that no one will be permitted to get high, no matter what.

Nothing to suggest less enforcement activity, either. Sad.

T

Teddybrae

I posted recently about the Hashish Farmers of the Bekka Valley in Lebanon. They did not want the government to legalise their crops. They said: it is OUR hashish!
Someone replied to the post failing to understand why the farmers would not want their crop legalised!
If ICMag members don't get it I suggest sane legislation stands NO CHANCE!

Yes. Here is why.

#3 Legalization has done nothing other than what was expected: Deliver huge sums of money to local governments and their best friends turned dispensary owners.

The entire goal was to take the money out of the hands street dealers and place it into the pockets of those willing to go the extra mile to pay them $150k-300k just for a 100 plant grow license, or $250k-500k for a dispensary license, plus the $4000-$10,000 dollar application fee (and some states have a 2 application process), and lastly the annual renewal of these licenses.
-------------
Justice is the advantage of the stronger.

'Boogieman'

I posted recently about the Hashish Farmers of the Bekka Valley in Lebanon. They did not want the government to legalise their crops. They said: it is OUR hashish!
Someone replied to the post failing to understand why the farmers would not want their crop legalised!
If ICMag members don't get it I suggest sane legislation stands NO CHANCE!

They want to sell it to make money right? I want to grow weed in my basement, good weed that i actually like, and control what goes in my body as far as pesticides and shit. All should be legal and if you don't like it well.......Fuck You.

T

Teddybrae

The Farmers' point is that they have no trouble selling it already. So why should a Government interfere with taxation?

Like imma bri said above: Justice serves the Strongest. (Not people like YOU.)

They want to sell it to make money right? I want to grow weed in my basement, good weed that i actually like, and control what goes in my body as far as pesticides and shit. All should be legal and if you don't like it well.......Fuck You.

shithawk420

Veteran

It's no different than the DEA.if it's illegal that means money.do you r really think k drug dealers a n see cops want it to be legal? Exactly the whole reason why the war on drugs and I egslization cannot coexist.god this has been beating with a dead horse.sometimes o wonder what good shit your smoking.gotta be legal states saying this

JustSumTomatoes

To me, it seems like lots of people want legalization but want a legalization that suits them. Big money wants it but only wants fat cats to be able to grow for large profit and no home grow, some people are willing to accept laws that allow for a small personal grow. Others reject all forms of legalization unless there are no restrictions whatsoever.

You have states where you can grow your own within a limit and others where this would be a felony and a prison sentence. Even green states deal with all the federal bullshit. Cannabis laws in the US are total chaos.

It's ironic that when alcohol prohibition was implemented the law was placed upon the constitution---The highest law of the land where laws/rights/removal of rights can not be removed once they are added. Yet somehow it all was ended with one swoop.

Anti-cannabis laws are so knitted within the framework of it all that there is no way for the country as a whole to say "it's time to go legal" and fix it in one swoop like Canada did.

The United States not being so united

Imma Bri

Cannabis laws in the US are total chaos.

The United States not being so united

More people should see this and the many ways this has been shown to us.

Europe is "Order and lawfullness", be it good or evil.

U.S. is Chaos and unlawfullness, from the good and evil.

Each state has a set of laws that conflicts with the state at the adjoining border. Not every state is an actual "state", some are "commonwealths".

You can smoke pot in one state, and get 10 years for the same 1 oz bag in another state.

Once again, chaos lends to ignorance which exploits intellectual laziness.

What you do not know in the U.S. law will harm you. But over in Belgium, my male friend can get stopped by 2 cops and get into a fight with one and get off because the judge tells the cop: you instigated it! This means standard of behaviour. Order.

There is so much you cannot do in Europe, but at least is pretty much easy to know. In the U.S., your cousin will get arrested at 16 for having sex with his girlfriend in one, state and in the other they can get married at 13 with parental consent.

Chaos is what this nation was born in. Its very esoteric in that it is in the west where intellect rises and the sun sets on that same intellect. And then look at the history of the U.S. and its interactions with the rest of the world. A whole lot of sun sets, and intellect shut in the dark.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

If an individual has asked the state for permission to grow a few medical plants and the State honored the individuals request then it is incumbent upon the individual to follow the contract that they signed.

Unfortunately, most growers that are running large ops are NOT honoring their contracts. They are essentially comitting FRAUD against said contract.

Now I don't give two shits if a person wants to dump product on the black market but at least have the decency not to sign a contract with the intent of defrauding it! GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS!

Latest posts

Latest posts