What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 leaf expressions 1 plant?

Over the years since cookies has become a household name I've grown different crosses/phenos of Cookie strains. In that time I've had to battle with Russet/Broad mites which I believe came in on infexted cuts. Long story short...I start from seed.

I recently popped 2 5pks of Cookie Genetics. Phantom Cookies from King Klone, & Cookie Puss from Jinxproof Genetics. Both pks had problems. I got 2 of the Cookie Pusses that grew normally, 2 mutants that never took off and 1 seed didn't pop. Out of the 2 that popped I dropped & killed 1 @ TP.

The Phantom Cookies however did better on germination. But I was still hit with mutants. Which brings me to this post. I have 1 pheno that is no taller than 8"-10" tall planted 12/26/18. I was told that is par for cookies mutants. Give them some time and they might snap out. All but this 1 did. I can deal with the slow growth. What concerns me is I'm seeing 2 distinct leaf patterns from this 1 plant. I've never zeen this before. Anyone experience this? Is it possible for 2 pheno's in 1 plant? Pic attached...

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_075925_719.jpg
    IMG_20190307_075925_719.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 70
It's like the plant can't decide if it's an indica or a sativa :D

Seriously😄 This is a 1st for me. I popped 20 beans total this round. Got 11 of those to break soil. Out of those I have 4 confirmed Males, then theres the mutants. Last thing I need this round is a plant with identity issues😂

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Thats a first ive ever seen a plant do that. got friends out west that messed with jinx's gear and talked it up think he did work with subcool i think 9 lb hammer it was.

Thats a first ive ever seen a plant do that. got friends out west that messed with jinx's gear and talked it up think he did work with subcool i think 9 lb hammer it was.

That's him. His most popular strain is the 9lb Hammer. I've seen a few of his crosses I wanted to try. But the Cookie Puss (Catpiss x Forum Girl Scouts) had my attention the most. I'm more of an Indica head so I felt it might give the Cookies a bit more punch on the side I like. While retaining some of those desirable traits in the Cookies genetics.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Yeah, I see this type of thing in my gear sometimes, clones from the plant will grow out the same.

Yeah, I see this type of thing in my gear sometimes, clones from the plant will grow out the same.

So clones showing narrow leaf expressions will keep showing those expressions & the ones showing broad leafed expressions will do the same? Or, did you mean clones will show both expressions.

Also, as I ask this I think I know the answer. But what about chemotype? My thinking is they both the same genotype. But will the expressions shown also show in those specific clones, or will they all come out the same chemotype besides different phenotypical expressions?

Hooter

GSC

GSC

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Unusual first four leaves after sprouting. Is it a genetic abnormality or a pheno type ?

Last edited:

Hooter

Thanks first one I have seen. Has a strong aroma for its age. Seed bank claims cookies but who knows. Would love a forum cut.

JetLife175

Veteran
Ive noticed in a lot of cookies hybrids that the mutants always seem to grow out of it and end up being some really interesting plants. Some would even say keeper material.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Ive noticed in a lot of cookies hybrids that the mutants always seem to grow out of it and end up being some really interesting plants. Some would even say keeper material.

The mutants are where it's at for head stash. Pretty much everyone wants pretty quantity over quality tho....

So, I after I TP'd the mutant she actually stretched out her legs a little. Now she is a nice squat bush. The mutated branch still has that narrow leaf look while the rest of the plant looks the same. I was told to give her some time, so far I'm glad I did.

Latest posts

Latest posts