What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flower/Trichome Boosters

Unk_OG

Hey everyone! 2kW flower room, AC, humidified, 5 gal pots/ProMix. So, in flower I run house and garden soil A & B, drip clean, silica, Cal mag, PK 13/14, Moab, Snowstorm Ultra/Purple Maxx (in my mix, not foliar).

I have a truncheon and normally feed around 850 ppm (X 500) I mix my boosters first, then everything else, then slowly creep up on my PPM with my A & B

I know the Snowstorm Ultra/Purple Max is old technology, but it works for me, I had it on hand and got to know it. Surely there has to be something better out there so I’m looking for suggestions on replacing those Humbolt products.

Also, maybe something to boost weight/size too?

Here’s a bubba I took down Friday morning as a reference. For old technology it works pretty good. I do think the bud could be much frostier. However, I have a couple strains that love it! So I’m interested to hear what people are using and what anyone may suggest. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 0196471F-D0E8-490B-8005-79DF3CB49D15.jpg
    0196471F-D0E8-490B-8005-79DF3CB49D15.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 36
  • B6E0014E-F0BC-43DB-8195-E007CB7E3E2B.jpg
    B6E0014E-F0BC-43DB-8195-E007CB7E3E2B.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 38

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh. That's Bubba?

Here she is without all those fancy, expensive, bottled products.

Organic Soil. Water only.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not sure what you're doing to her, but yes. She can put out a LOT more frost.

dank.Frank

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Stress free environment, full access to complete nutrition, letting cannabis do what her genetics can do. Awesome job dank.frank. :)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, Douglas. You said it!

There is no bottled product which can replace or compete with the quality output of a properly dialed environment.

We do not grow the plant. The plant has a genetic predisposition to respond to environmental stimuli. Nothing more. Two environments exist. One surrounding the foliage and one surrounding the roots. Phenotype = Genotype + ENVIRONMENT.

dank.Frank

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Its so true..

You can't force the plant to uptake xyz to make it do xyz..

It doesnt work well in any biological system everything in nature for its best health will upregulate absorption as and when it needs it and since the plant cant tell you when those moments and periods are you might as well just give it organic soil and let it do its thing..

I can say from my own exhausting journey so far bottled nutes are a joke and a fake way to grow high quality flowers, it wont even grow half decent vegetables so why grow dope with it??

Nothing beats a stable medium rich in life and consistantly available nutrition..

Unk_OG

Nice

Nice

Way to not answer the question fellas. We don’t grow the same. You guys are obviously organic. Me, obviously not. I asked a question, not conversion to organics. If you’re not capable of answering, than why respond?

Douglas I’m glad to see you at least have two friends. You guys have fun smoking your upper crust cannabis, pinky out, alone. Ya bunch a Nanners.

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
I have used terpinator, which is 0-0-4 and technically organic, I grabbed it because I had been thinking about trying it and the bloom I was using at the time was low on K, it functioned well as a supplement, not going to pretend it's some miracle

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I’ve had decent results using ANs big bud and over drive as well as fox farms open sesime,beastie blooms, and cha ching. Honestly I feel as if I would of had probably the same results just using the base and Adding my teas once a week throughout flower. I grow in coco so I’m looking to go more organic. Just have that fear of switching to soil and full organic since I’ve never done it before. Slowly but surely I’ll get there. I just love coco so I’m trying to find the best way of doing a fully organic amended coco grow with compost teas. I’ll get there soon enough. Any way yea big bud and overdrive 2mls per liter easy hope this helps. Frank your the bubba is the Busniess always has been. We’re not worthy (in my Wayne’s world voice) ��

Unk_OG

Thanks

Thanks

I’ve had decent results using ANs big bud and over drive as well as fox farms open sesime,beastie blooms, and cha ching. Honestly I feel as if I would of had probably the same results just using the base and Adding my teas once a week throughout flower. I grow in coco so I’m looking to go more organic. Just have that fear of switching to soil and full organic since I’ve never done it before. Slowly but surely I’ll get there. I just love coco so I’m trying to find the best way of doing a fully organic amended coco grow with compost teas. I’ll get there soon enough. Any way yea big bud and overdrive 2mls per liter easy hope this helps. Frank your the bubba is the Busniess always has been. We’re not worthy (in my Wayne’s world voice) ��

Cool thanks!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Douglas I’m glad to see you at least have two friends. You guys have fun smoking your upper crust cannabis, pinky out, alone. Ya bunch a Nanners.
You **specifically** asked for my input on this thread. Like I told you before, I normally skip these threads because I don't use or believe in 'boosters.'

Yes, we'll keep enjoying our cannabis. We've spent a great many years learning how to grow this level of quality. Have a wonderful day, and I wish you much luck in your pursuits. :tiphat:

Unk_OG

You **specifically** asked for my input on this thread. Like I told you before, I normally skip these threads because I don't use or believe in 'boosters.'

Yes, we'll keep enjoying our cannabis. We've spent a great many years learning how to grow this level of quality. Have a wonderful day, and I wish you much luck in your pursuits. :tiphat:

Yes but again instead of being helpful you decided to be, well, you. Sorry I asked, have no fear of it ever happening again.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Way to not answer the question fellas. We don’t grow the same. You guys are obviously organic. Me, obviously not. I asked a question, not conversion to organics. If you’re not capable of answering, than why respond?

:laughing:

Look. You asked a question. You got an answer. I'm more than capable of feeding you a few lines of bull shit to make you run to the hydro store to waste more money. Which advertising gimmick would you prefer I promote? What line of malarky would you prefer I puke out for you to feel better about your inability to read a feeding chart?

It's funny you think changing the sticker on the front of the milk jug will magically make you a better grower!!!!

Not only did I answer. I backed it up with evidence.

That aside, I have zero desire to convert anyone over to organic at this stage in the game. I want as much of that lousy chemical fed flower in the market as possible. If it wasn't for growers like YOU, my organic flowers wouldn't be worth nearly what they are. Thanks for all you do to keep the supply low and the demand high.:tiphat:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hydro growers say it all the time - "It doesn't matter what it is derived from. A plant doesn't know the difference between the origin source of anything and nitrogen is nitrogen. Potassium is potassium."

Yet...some how, you guys all think switching from Product A 0-0-4 is some how going to give you better results than Product B 0-0-4.

It's completely illogical. I'm not trying to be a dick, but when you get all stupid and confrontational because you fail to understand the answer you were given...

Read my first post about ENVIRONMENT. It said absolutely NOTHING about organics what so ever - and yet still, you had to make it a "vs" thing.

I showed you a picture of Bubba grown in a manner that displayed more resin content, for the singular purpose of verifying, that yes, you can get her to perform better.

Your post - doesn't address a single factor that might actually result in you producing a better quality flower - because you don't address your environment. WHICH I POINTED OUT WHEN EXPLAINING PHENOTYPE.

Again, it's a two fold system. If you aren't dialed in, changing your bottles up isn't going to fix a damn thing. You'll just be left scratching your head, running back to the hydro store, to buy something else.

You don't give NEARLY enough information for anyone to give you any sort of actually useful information. All you are REALLY doing - is asking for someone to hold your hand and give you a cut and paste recipe. Then you want to act entitled because it didn't happen. WTF.

dank.Frank