What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Punto Rojo from The Landrace Team

SUPER_HAZE

Fucking gorgeous Randy.

I hope charlie brings her back out, Rafa keeps saying being works on but that is for years already so I am hoping it is not due to difficulties their delay.

Hi. The red dot of cannabiogen is in stock on your page. A few months ago they pulled it out again.

OldCoolSativa

Punto Rojo = red point. This picture of an upper bud on PR5 shows this plant is living up to its name.

I pollinated PR1 and PR2 with pollen from a sexually stable punto rojo x mangobiche male, a grail widow F2 male, and a progeny tested Angel's Breathe F1 male.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PR5 red pistils F66.jpg
    PR5 red pistils F66.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 75

Oldyoungrower93

Very nice Sativa grow my friend, many people over feed them and get dark green leaves which to me is the worst way to go with sativas. Are you using a self feeding organic mix or giving them nutes? sorry for asking if you posted the answer already , I'd just like to ask. I follow the TLO style myself, coconut water and everything. All my strains love it especially my sativa stock like Hawaiian sweet tooth (Federation Hawaiin×sweet tooth#3) cheers

OldCoolSativa

~ 12 weeks

~ 12 weeks

I allowed the pH of the 3-2-1 reservoir to get too low so the leaf tips got a little crispy, and I'v lost a lot of fan leaves, but the punto rojo buds continue to swell.

PR1 at 12 weeks

attachment.php

attachment.php

PR2 at 12 weeks

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PR1 F84.jpg
    PR1 F84.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 67
  • PR1 F84 cola.jpg
    PR1 F84 cola.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 69
  • PR2 F84.jpg
    PR2 F84.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 65
  • PR2 cola F84.jpg
    PR2 cola F84.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 63

OldCoolSativa

~ 15 weeks

~ 15 weeks

Here we are at 15 weeks of flower and things are getting interesting. I unfortunately got lazy, let the plants get too dry too often and the pH got quite low for a while so they're not as pretty as they could be.

PR2, the thin-leaved highland sativa looks like it's in senescence while it's also throwing new white or cream colored pistils. The bud sure looks nice, and the smells on this one are head and shoulders above and louder than the other plants. It started showing nanners on the older colas, then on all the colas, so I chopped it last night at 15.5 weeks.

I looked carefully and also found a couple nanners on PR1 and PR3, although PR5 appears to remain sexually stable. So one plant in six has remained sexually stable through week 15. This is to be expected from a Colombian landrace, I would think. PR5 has maintained her beautiful redhead status, and her colas have been swelling in a most impressive manner. Still mostly pure white pistils; this one (and the remaining two) are going to go at least 20 weeks. Smells on PR1, PR3 and PR5 are still muted but developing, and certainly not the sweet floral pine lime that PR2 has exhibited, more pepper and spice and astringent. I staked and tied up the loose colas, took a shower, and went to see the GF who told me I smelled like really good weed. So maybe the aromas are stronger than I thought...

PR2 apical cola at 15 weeks
attachment.php

PR5
attachment.php

PR5 red point
attachment.php

Attachments

• PR5 apical cola F107.jpg
    PR5 apical cola F107.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 95
  • PR5 colas F107.jpg
    PR5 colas F107.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 93
  • PR2 apical cola F107.jpg
    PR2 apical cola F107.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 95

ikinokori

How did you find it ? i have not been able to find any report on the team, are they reliable ? what happenned for the thread to be deleted ?

OldCoolSativa

How did you find it ? i have not been able to find any report on the team, are they reliable ? what happenned for the thread to be deleted ?

There was a thread on TLT that was deleted - not sure why. Criposo Art who collected the seeds in Colombia posted in that thread, which is why I decided to try their punto rojo. TLT has an IG account and a web page. Communication was fast and my order was shipped and received quickly; no issues.

I have had an opportunity to smoke some quick-dried bud from PR2, which was harvested just short of 16 weeks. It's not terribly potent in terms of bulk THC content, I'd guess about 15%, but the effect is very, very good. It is more electric than the best PR x Mangobiche plant from my last grow, and the effect lasts for at least 4-5 hours. The effect is psychedelic, a little trippy, laugh-inducing day brightener. I took a couple puffs yesterday morning then went out to walk 18 holes of golf on a perfect spring day, and I had a nice, tuned-in, up, happy buzz through the entire round. Made a lot of good shots and utterly destroyed my opponents in the skins game. Happy weed.

OldCoolSativa

Water - my pleasure. I enjoy contributing.

I harvested the remaining three plants at 140 days, after 20 weeks of flowering. They could've easily gone another month...these Colombians just never want to finish. The smoke from 16-week PR#2 is powerful; it's curing nicely. That plant yielded 90 grams of dried bud, but there's a lot of seed in there.

A word or two about hermaphroditism in punto rojo: it happens, a lot. Only one of these six plants remained completely sexually stable - PR#5, the red-pointed one. Two went half male half female at 7 weeks, and three of the remaining four threw a lot of nanners in late flower, after about 12-14 weeks. It happens with wild landraces. That coupled with the rarity of males (I got zero) means that you'll need to run a lot of plants to find enough stable plants for breeding/preservation. But if you're breeding out intersex issues, is that preservation?

With smoke tests pending on three plants, I will say that the TLT Punto Rojo looks to me like the real McCoy, a pure Colombian sativa landrace.

Here's some pics at harvest time.

PR#1
attachment.php

PR#3
attachment.php

PR#3
attachment.php

Attachments

• PR1 colas F140.jpg
    PR1 colas F140.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 113
  • PR3  F140.jpg
    PR3 F140.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 109
  • PR3 cola F140 (2).jpg
    PR3 cola F140 (2).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 111

OldCoolSativa

Finally, here's PR#5 at 20 weeks, the beauty queen. She really lives up to her punto rojo namesake. Let's hope she smokes as good as she looks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

These pictures were horribly compressed. If someone can tell me how to attach uncompressed images I'll post up some improved images. Thes don't do the plant justice.

Attachments

• PR5 F140.jpg
    PR5 F140.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 98
  • PR5 cola2 F140.jpg
    PR5 cola2 F140.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 100
  • PR5 cola F140.jpg
    PR5 cola F140.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 98

Hookahhead

Absolutely beautiful plants man. As for the images, unfortunately ICMag really destroys the quality. In order to post uncompressed images, you need to upload to a 3rd party. Then you can use the image button at the top right of the message box (like where bold, italics, quote is) to add the image to your post.

I live in Central America and have come across both punto rojo and cripi for sale. I know cripi is a generic term for anything that is higher quality here, but I didn't realize it was skunk origin. Thanks for that insight!

funkyhorse

I contacted them and they requested me 90 euros for Punto Rojo and for the other colombian strains I have seen being offered for 35 and 60 euros at Thor seedbank.

They seem to have a very interesting and original pricing policy and it seems prices are adapted according to customer's face.

funkyhorse

Hi Horsemen
The seedbank offering those strains is banned at this forum, so in order to refer to them I used the word Thor which in this case would be an euphemism/metaphor

Latest posts

Latest posts