What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to Sweet Pink Grapefruit?

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Never came to growing this, but now I'm curious. Alpine Seeds had their bx project and Hortilab seemed to have a version too. But all sold out. Tried the GFxSS by Chimera but that was nothing like grapefruit, not even close to any citrus strain. Just a spicy NLD. Strong but smellwise unappealing and a lanky 12weeker. So where's the real Grapefruit? Short flowering and sweet a.f...with an indica turn. Female Seeds version is a C99 line I'm also not interested in atm. Clones are also welcome, if in Europe.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could try gf x bb from chimera. Closer to gf from what I have heard.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
What happened to it is that it's a hard plant to keep happy. I ran her for years and never was able to dial it in. a few.more.could agree. Just.keeping a mother of it is hard enough.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
You could try gf x bb from chimera. Closer to gf from what I have heard.

Well, as I wrote, the GFxSS didn't earn a single plant with citrus smells when both parents were advertised like this. For grapefruit smells I won't pull the trigger there. Definitely going another route.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone is well and alive here in Vienna, have grown her this year. I think the clone even was refreshed with tissue culture. :)

I presume we are talking Flowery Field? Didn't know they still have it. Will take a look. The burning question is, is it legit?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
FF seem to have it too

Yes i mean FloweryFields. The Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone was given by Breeder Steve to a Austrian Crew called CIA (Cannabis in Austria), sadly they lost all of their mother plants, but a grower called Knospe from Switzerland(not the Knospe who selected the Jaggen) happily was able to bring them fresh SPG clones, from there the SPG made it's Way to FloweryFields. I moved from Germany to Austria in 2010, the SPG already was available at FF at this time. Just go on the FF Website and look under the link "Hanfpflanzen", there is the their Strainlist. :tiphat:
P.S: FF had the SPG clone long before Clonelab, Clonelab is relatively new, registered as Company in 2016 when i remember right.

Last edited:

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Yes i mean FloweryFields. The Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone was given by Breeder Steve to a Austrian Crew called CIA (Cannabis in Austria), sadly they lost all of their mother plants, but a grower called Knospe from Switzerland(not the Knospe who selected the Jaggen) happily was able to bring them fresh SPG clones, from there the SPG made it's Way to FloweryFields. I moved from Germany to Austria in 2010, the SPG already was available at FF at this time. Just go on the FF Website and look under the link "Hanfpflanzen", there is the their Strainlist. :tiphat:
P.S: FF had the SPG clone long before Clonelab, Clonelab is relatively new, registered as Company in 2016 when i remember right.

Cool info, bro. This clears it for me. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts