What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How soon does the light damage thc?

Baba-nug

I know that light is bad for the drying buds. But what I couldn't find was how soon? Because I was drying buds in the tent, they had been drying for a week and almost done. Then I accidentally switched the 600w light on and didn't notice until the next day, light was on for about 16 hours. To make it worse, cooling system broke down and heat build up to nearly 30c. How badly did it fuck up my harvest?

I'm pretty terrified right now. Some information is much needed. Thanks for help.

amanda88

420giveaway
The real question here is ....

how were the trics on harvest...?

all white that may now be slight yellow /amber ..?

or all amber on harvest that may now be brown or decayed...?

Cheers/

Baba-nug

The real question here is ....

how were the trics on harvest...?

all white that may now be slight yellow /amber ..?

or all amber on harvest that may now be brown or decayed...?

Cheers/

Mostly white. I wanted a nice and cheerful high so I harvested early on. They're not brown, but they do look a lot lighter in color. Also bone dry and feel light. I smoked a heavy joint and the potency is not gone, I'm just worrying how much it was still affected and decreased :(

Assuming you haven't already. Unplug your ballast so that never happens again.

I did. What a shitty mistake to make at this point of the grow, I feel like an idiot.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm pretty terrified right now. Some information is much needed. Thanks for help.

First of all, stop worrying about it! What's done is done...

On a good note, leaving a light on for 16 hours likely did very little, if any, damage to your harvest....

First of all, stop worrying about it! What's done is done...

On a good note, leaving a light on for 16 hours likely did very little, if any, damage to your harvest....

this! ^^^ lol. here's another one. left a half pint jar full of nuggets on top of my dresser for about 8 months. after a couple months the nugs in the jar facing the room started turning a little golden colored while the backside was darker. started rotating the jar and eventually they all turned a bleached out golden color. similar to the gold we used to see in the 70's/80's, but not the same genetics. once all the color faded out the jar was opened and the end product was awesome. very clear buzz. a good strain to begin with too.

Baba-nug

this! ^^^ lol. here's another one. left a half pint jar full of nuggets on top of my dresser for about 8 months. after a couple months the nugs in the jar facing the room started turning a little golden colored while the backside was darker. started rotating the jar and eventually they all turned a bleached out golden color. similar to the gold we used to see in the 70's/80's, but not the same genetics. once all the color faded out the jar was opened and the end product was awesome. very clear buzz. a good strain to begin with too.

Yeah, it seems that I worried for nothing! :D This was a difficult grow with multible setbacks, and when I finally got it done, the thought of losing it in a stupid way was panic-inducing :D but thanks for calming me down, after some curing and adding bit of moisture (I use little pieces of orange peels inside glass jars if it gets too dry, works great and even add to the natural smell of the flower! :D ) to fix the composition of the nugget - I don't like if it breaks down upon touching, I prefel oily and sticky flower - I can tell you that it works great! Clear and nice sativa-high with more bodyload than I expected from AK-48. I feel like laying down after lighting a joint, too bad I have work to do!

However, I have a piece of old nugget that I forgot on the shelf where some light comes from the grow tent and it's yellow, dead and decayed, without any smell of weed or potency. I guess light does destroy THC, just not so soon.

Thanks for the responses all!

Latest posts

Latest posts