What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Small SUV: Jaguar, Rover or Porche?

LedLara

So I've wanted to get a small SUV for long now, and Juguar just came up with the F-Pace, and comes out with the E-Pace next year. Anyone driven an F-pace yet?

The only Jag I rode fore a while was a 2001 X-type 3.0 AWD, absolutely great car! tho expencive to maintain..

No experience yet with Land Rover or Porche, anyone tips?

thanks!

shithawk420

Veteran
Wow.that's a tough one.it depends on why you want one.I assume your talking about the porsche cayenne.they arent that great.Land Rover's are great.I'd definitely get the land rover.sorry no experience with the jag.I will say that the jags I do have experience with sucked.overpriced janky ass cars

Mr.Miner

The Porsche Macan S is a hot little SUV- and its big brother Cayenne is a reliable beast. i would go with either of them for sure, but I am partial to Porsche.

LedLara

Was indeed checking the Macan S for the looks on her..

Also true that I've heard less good things on the Cayenne and Jaguars for the durability.

The Jag however, looks just fine too and comes in electric next year:)

Porsche Cayennes are amazing ...saw one pulling a plough in Ireland

If you are OK with pre owned then there's literally 1000's for sale in Greece and importing them is surprisingly easy, except in California

amanda88

Landrover if you want to rule the road

Cayennes if you want to rule with style

its very much a lifestyle choice

either way buy your mechanic lunch will get the reply you seek

cheers/

shithawk420

Veteran
You shouldn't rule out a VW Toureg TDI or however the thing is spelled.those are really nice.I'd get that over the land Rover just cause I think it would be cheaper and nicer.otherwise get the land rover

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
rover... and never look back, got a rangie for 5 yrs... it's a tank... ice, snow, mud, sand.... whatever... it's roll'ing... best money I ever spent...
drives like a dream...

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Toyota, Rav 4 or Landcruiser, if you like durability and reliability

The Cayenne is a VW, not a good secondhand buy, depreciate like hell new

The Macan is nice, but it is basically an Audi Q5

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Jaguar, Rover or Porche? ...I guess money is no object...:dance013:

but for a stock or only slightly modified vehicle, the Jeep Cherokee (they stopped making the good ones in 2001)
is a rugged 4X4 that will get you more places than almost anything else out there...
and the old 4 liter, straight 6 engine has all the power and torque you need and will easily last over 300,000 miles, just by keeping the oil changed...

LedLara

Range Rover Sport, TDV6 is indeed over 100K but looks the part, even a bit too much for my style.

Touareg sounds like a great option too! I like German cars a lot, decent feeling for sure.. But if the Porche Macan is highly comparable to a Q5(S) from Audi, then I still have no answer because the Macan is just too darn sexy:)

The Toyota may take the cake in terms of durability and reliability, which are still my first concerns.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! this just got a whole lot more complicated.. I'm going to test drive a couple of them, and will report on my findings.