What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
picture.php

Old Dutchgrown C99
picture.php

Hey all, found this thread last night and been going through most of it and I must say I am sad to hear the Grimm's new C99 isn't the real deal.. I have a pack arriving tomorrow and I wish I would have found this thread first.. I will still grow them out once I finish up a Neville's Haze & SSH grow that I'm 2 weeks into flowering on.. I'll start the seeds in a couple weeks..

That being said, somewhere, either in my house or my buddy's house I have an ibuprofen bottle full of F3s of the original C99 line that I haven't been able to find for a year or two.. The original pack I bought were C99 F2 (2001 offering from Heaven's Stairway, that came in the little white square "coin collectors"pack, some may remember).
I guess I will have to start the search again for that bottle..

Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hi and that it's cool to see how many people remember it fondly. It is easily the strain that my old friends ask almost 20 years later "Man, that was the best shit ever!"

I also have a pack of Grimm Glue here I picked up.. I guess it must be relatively new because I can't find any grows out there of it yet.. I will be starting that in a couple weeks as well..

Last edited:

eyesdownchronic

chem sis x c99 fem (c99 leaner)from duke diamond

picture.php

Chem sis leaner

picture.php

I actually preferred the chem sis leaner. smell was a loud paint thinner chem vs a mild tropical fruity smell from the c99 leaner. the high was also much more potent on the chem sis leaner. plus she yielded quite a bit more.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which Cinderella 99 Should i go with?

Joey Weed
Fleur Du Mal
Whish Seeds

So far I have FDM in the lead. Joey Weed was good with grapefruit smell. The FDM was some kind of tropical fruit type smell. The high off the FDM seemed more potent to me. Various phenos will give different results too.

I have been smoking the FDM C99 lately and it is potent. Have to watch how much I smoke or I get a bit catatonic, hehe.:snap out of it:

LostTribe

Premium user
chem sis x c99 fem (c99 leaner)from duke diamond

View Image

Chem sis leaner

View Image

I actually preferred the chem sis leaner. smell was a loud paint thinner chem vs a mild tropical fruity smell from the c99 leaner. the high was also much more potent on the chem sis leaner. plus she yielded quite a bit more.

Your first "c99 one" looks identical to the fake new99 I ran 24 of. Before DD aligned with Soul he was posting on IG. Duke's only C99 was a cross of C99 and SFV. It didn't look much like SFV to me either. I used to run the SFV cut but it wouldn't root and I lost her when I was away for week. It is my opinion whatever he had was used as the mother for Soul's new incarnation. Whatever they have its most assuredly not Cinderella.

They do not process Princess. She is Lost.

Princess-notice the flat top
picture.php

Taken from CW. No mention of Princess ever being traded on OG or CW but others got Genius.

Cinderella #1
picture.php

Cheers
LT

Bnyest

Run those Iron Cindy's I always wanted Dutch Flowers Metal Haze.

EDIT: A few of the most potent original Cindy's had a sharp metal taste and smell. It was from the originals. A couple years ago I found that taste in a Sour D cross very similar.

Do you know what haze they used to make Metal haze? I’m digging through metal dragon f2’s (metal haze x Burmese) and cant find anything really hazy that goes longer than 12-13 weeks

LostTribe

Premium user
Do you know what haze they used to make Metal haze? I’m digging through metal dragon f2’s (metal haze x Burmese) and cant find anything really hazy that goes longer than 12-13 weeks

I can't recall try google and Dutch Flowers that's who originally bred it. You might contact the Rev at KOS he has worked with it. Run them out proper and see the end results.

Best
LT

eyesdownchronic

Your first "c99 one" looks identical to the fake new99 I ran 24 of. Before DD aligned with Soul he was posting on IG. Duke's only C99 was a cross of C99 and SFV. It didn't look much like SFV to me either. I used to run the cut but it wouldn't root and I lost her. It is my opinion whatever he had was used as the mother for Soul's new incarnation. Whatever they have its most assuredly not Cinderella.

They do not process Princess. She is Lost.

Princess-notice the flat top
View Image
Taken from CW. No mention of Princess ever being traded on OG or CW but others got Genius.

Cinderella #1
View Image

Cheers
LT

thats sad, i thought duke diamond had a fair reputation.

in addition to the c99 x ssgh posted earleir from dd, ive got the helena which is the Princess (or whatever it is ) x skelly hp x sssc skunk1. still curious to run through these. we shall see. would be interesting to see the actual "Princess" and "C99" that dd has. quite sure a c99 s1 was made available as well.

eyesdownchronic

hows the potency?

iirc it was just an inbred haze line from SSSC, dutch flowers did some pretty good breeding work.

LostTribe

Premium user
Pollen collected
picture.php

Its a 3x5 inch bag I had trouble getting the sacks to open but plenty pollen already dropped enough for me. I removed all of the branches with pollen sacks and dried them out in a dehydrator. Next I ran the material thru a ninja food processor and then shook it out in an old 220u bubble bag there is obviously some plant matter in this as you can tell from the color but there is plenty of yellow pollen. I may re run it through a 110u but already feeling effects from the pollen in the air so may be good for now. I will grab a couple brushes tomorrow and pollenate the next cut that is about 1 month in and already going strong.
picture.php

Facelesdoll

Looks like you got some big plans homie! Not that
You don't have enough pollen but you can cut it I believe with flower to spread it out. Makes for efficient use and helps store it. Your call just throwing it out there. Keep up the solid work

LostTribe

Premium user
Seeded Reversed C99 #1 tops which were left untreated from STS. I won't be smoking any of this plant since the STS is most likely mobile even though the upper half of the plant didn't turn. There are spots where even some mist droplets turned a few male sacks.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#4 4 days behind the #1 but she takes about a week to 10 days more to finish.
picture.php

picture.php

The smells from these 2 are absolutely amazing! The high's are every bit as good as the smell.

To be continued....
Blessings
LT

That is an impressive amount of pollen - especially on a reversal - you can make SO many seeds with that!

Absolutely. My reversals in the past haven't generated nearly that much pollen.

How quickly do you plan to use the pollen? I wonder if the vegetative matter mixed in the pollen will reduce it's shelf stability

LostTribe

Premium user
Absolutely. My reversals in the past haven't generated nearly that much pollen.

How quickly do you plan to use the pollen? I wonder if the vegetative matter mixed in the pollen will reduce it's shelf stability

I have rarely had any issues with mold or PM. Having dehydrated and adding a bit of rice grains to it combined with refrigeration ought to keep it good for as long as I need it.

I have some POTH pollen dating to 2015 which I may do a small test on to see if it remains viable. Its been refrigerated with flour and rice since then.

I brushed about half of the recent C99#1 today. Its still getting started and I plan to continue brushing affected areas until she stops producing pistils. I also have a mom of the #4 I am considering up potting and putting in as well. Already have some off another but that one doesn't appear to have been pollenated much and is too far in to be worth waiting. Pollenating the mom early on she ought to finish up quicker as well at least in my experience.

Looks like I also have a bit of Holy Grail Kush that got some pollen, SFV S1 and a recent seed pop of DP WW. The WW doesn't seem as it used to from Dutch Passion back in the day although it does have similar growth the terpene profile seems different. I haven't run many dutch offerings over the past 10 years.

Blessings
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
picture.php

Broke open a huge chuck of #4 it smells absolutely Ridiculous! This plant throws big long colas! Gotta crack out some of the #1 but I already smoked a ton of the last one.

Selfed #1 is coming along and fattening up and the other cut I can now confirm was decently seeded. Hope I get a couple nice colas off that one to smoke. Not smoking the one treated with STS of course.

LT