What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thin Mint vs. Forum, what's the difference?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I have the opportunity to purchase hybrids made with both of these. Was curious if anybody with experience could fill me in

Thx
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
As far as I've read the Thin Mint (aka Jigga?) is the original Girl Scout Cookies clone from the Cookie Fam, while Forum cut was found in some bagseeds from some GSC buds, so probably a GSC S1?

Because people found that Forum cut was a decent representation of the elite GSC before there were any other cuts available (Platinum, Thin Mint), it was spread like fire all over the IC, hence the name.

Hope it helps.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
The smell is different, the bud structure is different, and for me the Thin Mint doesn't stretch as much in flower. I'm not seeing any purple in the thin mint, so far anyways.

Last run I ran a Forum cut plant, this time it's a Thin Mint cut. For me the Forum Cut has super dark green leaves, and starts purpling up between week 5-6. The Thin Mint I have at 5 weeks right now, isn't showing any purple at all, and I've been having night time lows in the 50's. Time will tell.

The next round I have going has a Forum Cut plant in it. So I will get to see a finished Thin Mint next to a half done Forum cut. Round after that will have a Forum cut and Thin Mint side by side. Now I have this thread tagged I will be able to post the side by side pics. Patience is the key here, as it will be at least 2 months before I have any side by side pics.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Is thin mint super slow in veg like the forum?

Pretty much, but I veg under low light. I think veg speed correlates with root space, light intensity, and vpd. If you have a proper sized container, with intense light, and temps and humidity are in check with each other, even slow vegger's can get some size in a reasonable amount of time.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Does the forum or thin mint have long leaf stems? Or any leaf signature or a footprint like the nose of the flower.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Forum has the long ass petiole's . The Thin Mint's are long, just not quite as long as the forum's. The Thin mint smells way different than the forum, to me anyway. A lot more fruity. The Thin Mint has greasy resin as well. Mine is making more "flat" style buds. Compared to the rounded shape of the Forum buds.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
picture.php
[/url]
picture.php
I have a s1 from chimera and it has some leaf stems heres a pic.is it anything like this?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Yes the forum petiole's are long like that. Except on my plant they are always purple. I have been following that thread of the s1's from Chimera. If anybody is gonna put out quality s1's, his would be the one's I would get. With the science behind his work and good connects, you can't get much better than what he's putting out.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Yeah i have alot with deep purple stems.i have 2 of them going one is indica dom fat bush deep purple stems and dark leafs with long stems .the other is taller less braching long stems some purple some not.long and lanky not so much of a bush.thanks for the info 0G :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've run Forum and Thin Mint side by side and they are hard to tell apart.
I find the level of purpling on the two varies from plant to plant and bud to bud.

I prefer the effects from the Forum over the Thin Mint. I smoke waaaaay more Forum.:biggrin:
Thin Mint is more night time for me but I prefer the OGKB 2.0 for night cookies, better taste and stronger buzz.

Thin Mint
picture.php

picture.php

Forum cut
picture.php

picture.php

After living in the bay area and sampling the Thin Mints nuggs from the cookie fam, and receiving and growing the thin mint going around here...my conclusion is that the thin mint being passed around like crazy here is not the same and a stunt double

Is everyone using Gavata or something similar for lighting what kind of weight are you pulling per pot per light with the thin mint?thin mint seems to do better next n the weight dept for me

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
After living in the bay area and sampling the Thin Mints nuggs from the cookie fam, and receiving and growing the thin mint going around here...my conclusion is that the thin mint being passed around like crazy here is not the same and a stunt double

Well the cookie fam would have the original. The Stunt doubles as you say are most like s1 Bag seeds from nugs of the GSC.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor

I had those same exact thoughts. It's a nice plant, but I seem to remember reading that supposedly someone from the fam was saying the Thin Mint had buds that were on the bigger side, and no mcns.

The cut I have is supposed to be legit(thin mint), and when I got it, I was told it was legit. But from what I'm seeing and smelling, I don't know if it really is what it's supposed to be. Not trying to start shit, or piss anyone off. I know there's a few other people on here that have her. Just my own personal opinion.

It could very well be they Thin mint. This is the first time I have run her. So I don't have anything to judge from, and have never puffed her buds. Just from what I have read and seen, it seems to me it's another cut besides the "Thin Mint".

Now don't get your pitchforks out yet. Like I said it very well could be, I guess I was just expecting more from the hype. And I have grown to love the forum cut. So I'm kinda biased because of that.

Latest posts

Latest posts