What's new

anyone use perma clone you can heat sterilize these cloning collars

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
hey folks
anyone running these heat treatable cloning collars?
im tired of buying the collars. i dont like to rely on bleaching them because there is so much porosity in the neoprene that i feel like its not reliable.
heat treating them isnt really a good choice for the materials either.
so i started looking into making my own out of silicone and in my quest i stumbled across these.
i am going to give it a shot.
apparently they are sterilized by baking. ingenious.
if this works ill be stoked to stop buying those stupid disposable neoprene collars and start reusing these. i am thinking of pulling the trigger on them so ill let you know what i think. at the price id have to reuse them 5 times to make it pay out but i think that wont be a problem.

marmarb

Just got a set of 60 they look pretty good won't get around to using them for a few months but they seem like quality wise worth the money.

HL45

Veteran
Haha I saw t h at ez clone makes coco collars so you just plant the whole thing...I was thinking about doing that next run

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
by the time these came, i started saying fuck recycling rez's in general.
rockwool ftw. i get the best results with way less maintenance. ive also been just running normal base feed at .8 ec in coco spread into seedling cells. if you keep on the dry side its awesome. cheap too. but the nice thing is its always on hand. no special ingredients for cloning except dipngrow which could make thousands of clones for a dollar.

I LOVE the permaclone! I run 120 now in my two 60 site ez-clones and 180 in my Powercloner. The 120 I've run approx monthly for 3 and 4 years--one set is older than the other.
BLCoQ9rDME-

amanda88

Gave up long ago

and prefer anything handy in DIY

packing foam cut down is the cheapest

tho I prefer kitchen foil

cheers/

jets1925

Good stuff

Good stuff

Had a set for 2 years or so.
Good people, I initially ordered the wrong amount and they looked at my order and sent extra pieces at no charge.

Will use again.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I've tried cleaning them with bleach, physan, vinegar. Always some nook that isn't sterile, and that clone will rot. Much better and more predictable results buying new ones each time. Just use cheap knockoffs.

I did run into a guy who had 20 huge turbokloners. He uses a neoprene tube\ sleeve over each clone, and inch long where it sits in the collar. No need to replace collars since the clone never touched it. Says it works great for years, and the tubing was cheap and disposable.