What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Scholarly Articles

tester

Googledocs can search within PDF's, this can be an easy way to weed out duplicates from time to time, or I can download the pack, sort by file size or compare the contents. It's better to have a duplicate than not having the document at all, so it'd be better to upload it if there is any doubt.

Zotero makes it easy to cite, and export bibliographies, files can be structured into collections and tagged.

I'd like to collect the hard to get (not freely available, or rare on the net) documents related to cannabis cultivation and extraction, but I can always separate a collection like this if the other one gets to big, so upload anything you like.

Spurr:
The docs you uploaded are set to private, so only you an me can see them. You want to wait till you finish uploading them or was it just a mistake?

Some of those docs are a real gold mine, especially this one:
"The propagation, characterization and optimization of Cannabis sativa L. as a phytopharmaceutical"

spurr

Veteran
Googledocs can search within PDF's, this can be an easy way to weed out duplicates from time to time, or I can download the pack, sort by file size or compare the contents. It's better to have a duplicate than not having the document at all, so it'd be better to upload it if there is any doubt.

Zotero makes it easy to cite, and export bibliographies, files can be structured into collections and tagged.

I'd like to collect the hard to get (not freely available, or rare on the net) documents related to cannabis cultivation and extraction, but I can always separate a collection like this if the other one gets to big, so upload anything you like.

Spurr:
The docs you uploaded are set to private, so only you an me can see them. You want to wait till you finish uploading them or was it just a mistake?

Some of those docs are a real gold mine, especially this one:
"The propagation, characterization and optimization of Cannabis sativa L. as a phytopharmaceutical"

Oops, that's was a mistake, sorry. I'll try to figure out how to set them as public. Unless you can do so quicker than I?

So, when I uploaded I should have clicked the little "share" text next to the title of the uploaded file? I treid that once, but it gave me an error, I assumed due to my use of Tor and anonymity settings on by browser. I'll try it again when I upload more studies today.

I agree about focusing on non-free studies and rare free studies, that is what I do. I see little reason to upload already free studies, besides for completeness of collection.

tester

it can be seen.
the owner's (uploader's) email can be seen next to the file he uploaded.
I made it private again until further notice.

You could make a dedicated email acc just for this, or send the rest of the files to me and I'll upload them if visibility is a problem for you.
(IMO using TOR on clearnet makes you a suspect in itself. )

spurr

Veteran
Yea, I'll make a new Google account with a new e-mail, and then re-upload. Thanks.

spurr

Veteran
@ Cannabologist and Tester:

What's the saying, "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"?

It looks like we are being imitated by Green Supreme over at C-W2. I used to be a member there, as Gojo, until they banned me for political (site related) reasons and the fact they (ex., Cray, Green Supreme, Plant Builder, et al.) didn't like learning they are wrong about things. It's nice to see them coming around to science, yet it's funny I'm not mentioned one time in Green Supreme's thread ... http://www.cannabis-world.org/cw/showthread.php?p=109189

Anyway, I hope to see more of this at other forums, I hope we can help spread cannabis science to all forums! If all of them copy us, that would make me happy, we would be helping people learn :)

spurr

Veteran
The following files are now re-uploaded, and public, at Tester's Google Docs account:

FWIW, I just uploaded the following studies to Tester's Google Doc's account. I have about 15 MB more to upload tomorrow.

(2011)
"Factors determining yield and quality of illicit indoor cannabis (Cannabis spp.) production"
Wouter Vanhove, Patrick Van Dammea, Natalie Meer
Forensic Sci. Int. (2011), doi: 10.1016/j.forsciint.2011.06.006 (In Press)

"Field Testing of Collection Cards for Cannabis sativa Samples With a Single Hexanucleotide DNA Marker" (re genotypes)
Lindsay Allgeier, M.S.; John Hemenway, B .S ; Nicholas Shirley, B.S.; Tommy LaNier, Ph.D.; and Heather Miller Coyle, Ph.D.
J Forensic Sci, 2011
doi: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2011.01818.x

"Energy up in smoke: The carbon footprint of indoor cannabis production"
Evan Mills, Ph.D (2011)

"Cannabis with high cannabidiol content is associated with fewer psychotic experiences"
Christian D. Schubart, Iris E.C. Sommer, Willemijn Avan Gastel, Rogier L. Goetgebuer, René S. Kahn, Marco P.M. Bok
Schizophrenia Research 130 (2011) 216– 221

Review Article
"Cannabinoids for the Treatment of Schizophrenia? A Balanced Neuro chemical Framework for Both Adverse and Therapeutic Effects of Cannabis Use"
Carissa M. Coulston, Michael Perdices, Antony F. Henderson, and Gin S. Malhi
Hindawi Publishing Corporation (2010)
Schizophrenia Research and Treatment
Volume 2011, Ar ticle ID 501726, 9 pages
doi:10.1155/2011/501726

A thesis submitted by David Potter JP
In fulfilment of the requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Science Research
King’s College London; March 2009
(2010)
"Diminished gray matter in the hippocampus of cannabis users: Possible protective effects of cannabidiol"
Traute Demirakca, Alexander Sartorius, Gabriele Ende, Nadja Meyer, Helga Welzel, Gisela Skopp, Karl Mann, Derik Hermann
Drug and Alcohol Dependence 114 (2011) 242–245

"The results of an experimental indoor hydroponic Cannabis growing study, using the ‘Screen of Green’ (ScrOG) method - Yield, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and DNA analysis"
Glenys Knight, Sean Hansen, Mark Connor, Helen Poulsen, Catherine McGovern, Janet Stacey
Forensic Science International 202 (2010) 36–44
(2006)
"Yield of Illicit Indoor Cannabis Cultivation in The Netherlands"
Marcel Toonen, Ph.D.; Simon Ribot, B.Sc.; and Jac Thissen, M.Sc.
J Forensic Sci, Septe mber 2006, Vol. 51, No. 5

tester

The following files are now re-uploaded, and public, at Tester's Google Docs account
Great!

@ Tester,
Do you convert the PDF to "Google Docs" format when uploading?

Nope, I don't see the advantages of it, but I'm new to that system.
It's always going to be possible to convert them later but not vice versa so at the present moment they are PDFs

When you get the storage space at Zotero, I will reupload these documents along with Cannabiologist newest additions, renamed, in citeable forms.

You should make a list of your past aliases man.
Although posts of yours shows up as it had posted by a Guest, after that ban, I remember that.
At that time I was searching for your posts by your nick name, and the next day it was all gone, but at least the content stayed. But there is no way to filter it out anymore.

It's a real shame things like this can happen, all those well presented and useful info's gathered together are like flushed down the toilet now.
One has to go through a lot of shit to find some useful info now, there is no way to filter it out.
Similar thing happened with Mullray recently, but he's gone along with his posts too.
Some threads are broke up because his posts are missing now.

KronosLab

@ Tester,

Why on earth would one want to do that? PDF is the closest thing we have to a universal document format. It's very versatile, and is the de facto industry standard in scientific electronic publications.

It may well be replaced some day, but it isn't clear that Google Docs will be that replacement.

spurr

Veteran
spurr said:
@ Tester,

Why on earth would one want to do that? PDF is the closest thing we have to a universal document format. It's very versatile, and is the de facto industry standard in scientific electronic publications.

It may well be replaced some day, but it isn't clear that Google Docs will be that replacement.

I don't want to, I was only asking him how he uploads. I wasn't sure if it converts to Google Docs and leaves it as PDF format too.

dizzlekush

Cannabis & Behavior

Cannabis & Behavior

Anxiogenic-like effects of chronic cannabidiol administration in rats
Maha M. ElBatsh & N. Assareh & C. A. Marsden & D. A. Kendall

Cannabis and psychosis/schizophrenia: human studies
Deepak Cyril D’Souza& Richard Andrew Sewell & Mohini Ranganathan

Effects of Acute and Chronic Administration of Cannabis Sativa and Tetrahydrocannabinol on the Behavior of Rats in an Open-Field Arena
JANDIRA MASUR, REGINA M.W. MARTZ & E.A. CARLINI

Effects of Cannabis sativa (Marihuana) on the Fighting Behavior of Mice
M. SANTOS, M.R.P. SAMPAIO, N.S. FERNANDES and E. A. CARLINI

Effects of Cannabis Sativa and Lysergic Acid Diethylamide on a Visual Discrimination Task in Pigeons
RONALD K. SIEGEL

Evaluating the effect of Tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) extracted from Cannabis sativa plant on spatial memory consolidation in rats
Saeedeh Ebrhimpour, Morteza Kafaee, Maryam Tehraniour, Morteza Behnamrasouli

Investigations on Behavioral Effects of an Extract of Cannabis sativa L. in the Rat
S. Ferri, G. Costa, G. Murari, A. M. Panico, E. Rapisarda, E. Speroni, and R. Arrigo-Reina

Role of cannabis and endocannabinoids in the genesis of schizophrenia
Emilio Fernandez-Espejo & Maria-Paz Viveros & Luis Núñez & Bart A. Ellenbroek & Fernando Rodriguez de Fonseca

The acute effects of cannabinoids on memory in humans: a review
Mohini Ranganathan & Deepak Cyril D’Souza

The Effects of Cannabis sativa on the Behavior of Adult Female Chacma Baboons (Papio ursinus) in Captivity
ANN LEVETT, G. S. SAAYMAN, and F. AMES

Attachments

• Anxiogenic-like effects of chronic cannabidiol administration in rats.pdf
    479.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Cannabis and schizophrenia.pdf
    450.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Effects of Acute and Chronic Administration of Cannabis Sativa and Tetrahydrocannabinol on the B.pdf
    576.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Effects of Cannabis sativa (Marihuana) on the Fighting Behavior of Mice.pdf
    601.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Effects of Cannabis Sativa and Lysergic Acid Diethylamide on a Visual Discrimination Task in Pig.pdf
    460.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Evaluating the effect of Tetrahydrocannabinol extracted from Cannabis sativa plant on spatial me.pdf
    124.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Investigations on Behavioral Effects of an Extract of Cannabis sativa L. in the Rat.pdf
    382.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Role of cannabis and endocannabinoids in the genesis of schizophrenia.pdf
    547.4 KB · Views: 51
  • The acute effects of cannabinoids on memory in humans.pdf
    493.2 KB · Views: 50
  • The Effects of Cannabis sativa on the Behavior of Adult Female Chacma Baboons (Papio ursinus) in.pdf
    292.3 KB · Views: 45

epicseeds

Does anyone have an updated link? I think I got every pdf attachment here but the people posting earlier were saying how they had thousands more.

The google drive links they posted are broken. Is Spurr Tester and them posting at any other forum right now?

There used to be such smart people on this site years ago but it seems like they all got banned lol