What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My attic buildout

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a pic of the girls waiting to go to their palace. I'm topping two of them to keep up with the runt. I would ScrOG, but they have to be moved. (Just across the street, very secure). I live in BFE.

Oh and I need all the constructive critisim and advice y'all can offer me. This is a well designed and planned setup that is expandable, but like I said I'm starting it out slow cause I'm really new to all this (just about 6 months). I want to be a sponge. The experience on this site is invaluable.

So what you do with this room?? :friends:

S

Surfr

Nice and healthy gramps! The room looks amazing! One of the best builds I have yet to see on here...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I snapped a couple of pics of the home based exhaust system. These are the fans I was talking about.

They are connected to these vents in the flower room.

I'm going to probably disconnect that stuff and just use the existing holes to rig my own ventilation for growing. I can easily expand the size of the pre-existing holes and am competent with all my power tools.

I'm still not 100% on how I want to rig up the ventilation. There are several ways it could be done. Any advice??

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know i would love to see in this project

a HydroGen Ice Box set up :yeahthats

http://www.hydroinnovations.com/index.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0uRrMvfucY

Oh wow!! My hero! I decided on good advice to say fuck the air cooled lights. Keeping with KISS I'm going to seal everything up and run CO2. BTW I can add another 12btu AC to each room if I wanted to. I bought Sanyo's biggest outside compressor (x2) so I'm still expandable. Here is a pic of the mini split lines to the attic.

I was already planning on running the Hydrogen CO2 generator off my manifold coming from the shower. These heat exchangers are freaking awesome. I loved the idea of liquid cooled lights, my computer is liquid cooled, but thought they needed more time on the market. This Hydrogen setup looks really really sweet. It would cut down on energy costs big time, which would be a huge plus running the CO2.

Very nice :woohoo:

Dreamscape

you know i would love to see in this project

a HydroGen Ice Box set up :yeahthats

http://www.hydroinnovations.com/index.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0uRrMvfucY

OVERKILL imo ... plus you run the risk of those water tubes blowing out and frying your whole system.

I'm sure it does the job ... but considering cost - time - risk - electricity - noise and the bulk of additional equipment = OVERKILL.

But whatever ... to each their own :joint:

Also another thing I wanted to add - considering FLIR - FLIR cant see through walls ... It can only pick up super concentrated heat sources like direct heat exhaust pipes blowing out of the house. Your best bet is to actually spread the heat throughout the rest of the house so that there aren't any concentrated spots.

PLUS if you're in an attic - as it is - they're ALWAYS hotter than the rest of the house for obvious reasons.

If you can ... pick up the Barry Cooper videos "never get busted again" and "never get raided again". He shows you actual footage of a FLIR in use.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Overkill yes, but it's pretty damn cool. I don't need it for my setup, but I will be using their CO2 gen. I've watched Barry's videos and have researched FLIR. With the CO2 addition and what I have going on I'm not worried about FLIR at all. Yes even with the tech shield and foam the attic is still hotter than than downstairs, not by much though lol. My downstairs ceiling has foam blown into too. Big time overkill, but I don't even know why I put AC's downstairs. The feeling inside the house while it's sweltering outside (think deeeep south) is unreal. I mean, I'm floored every time I walk in there. Thanks for tips!! :joint:

Dreamscape

When I think deeep south I think HUMID and hot which of course equals twice as hot since the air is so thick.

Liquid cooled computer ... are you running an overclocked cpu ??

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I think deeep south I think HUMID and hot which of course equals twice as hot since the air is so thick.

Liquid cooled computer ... are you running an overclocked cpu ??

Humidity sucks down here and you will sweat your ass off sitting outside doing nothing. But R60 helps a lot lol. It's something you have to experience to understand I suppose. The extreme conditions down here make it that much more exciting for me.

No, it's an Alienware, I bought it about a year after Dell bought them out. They still had options back then and quite honestly it's OVERKILL lol. But it can be productive if when I need it to be.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VERY professional,

:respect:

:yeahthats

:kos:

Can't wait to see how you grow... im sure ill be throwin up more respect signs when your pumpin out your leg sized buds... i love when i get a chance to see some stellar setups and grows...thanks for showing us here at icmag whatcyha packin..

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LiLWaynE: Kind words bro and much appreciated. This site is a a wealth of knowledge. It is so much easier for us these days because we can read through the trials and tribulations of others. I hope to be able to give back what I've learned.

I have nothing to add here.

This thread is an inspiration to all, and I really hope the internet is as safe as we all hope it is, because it'd be a real shame to see something as thought out as this go to waste...

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have nothing to add here.

This thread is an inspiration to all, and I really hope the internet is as safe as we all hope it is, because it'd be a real shame to see something as thought out as this go to waste...

I hear you on the safety thing that's why I packed up and moved out to BFE and told people I needed to go get better. Which is in large part true. I know the design looks like it's going to be a lab and that's kinda what I'm going for, but the reality is I only have three plants right now and I don't plan on going over 4k. I want to learn how to pheno hunt with the buckets and grow trees with the 2k I have now and then run a 4x8 coco table similar to dongle69's over another 2k. I believe if you master those two elements of production you have a solid basis for moving commercial. I have a very solid connection in NorCal (life is so fucking weird that way) and can move out there, but I need training. So this is personal Oaksterdam if you will. I have a really really good job and a felony conviction for what I'm doing would be almost heralded and great bar room talk(no hyperbole lol, the contingency plans were just there for this op). This is my hobby for now. I'm just trying to grow my own meds.

Once I get good at pheno searching and producing good gpw off my table I'll have a good idea about what it's going to take to move it to the next level. I want to be all legal of course. That's the goal and like I stated earlier this is a bet on legalization or MMJ my state in the next 15+ years. The entire deal will be kept under 99 plants fo shoooo. When I feel like I'm A+ with my gig, I'll use my Cali hookup and move out there. The experience I gain out west would be invaluable to bring back home if everything works out like I hope. I'm not very old >30. I see a slower repeat of 1933 prohobition repeal, but I'm an optimist.

Oh, and about the internet security. I try and put as much thought into that as I do everything else involved with this.

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've decided on the CO2 unit I'll using.

HydroGEN CO2 generator hooked to the third outlet of the manifold coming from the shower area. One goes to the RO, one for washing shit off, and one the co2 DTW using their valve connected to.

Nice unit $600ish