Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > You have the right to remain silent

Thread Title Search
You have the right to remain silent Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2008, 09:55 PM #31
BOOSTEDseven

BOOSTEDseven is on a distinguished road
quick question.

Do you have to give your name or any info to the police officers??

example #1: You are walking along minding your own business, and LEO (law
enforcement officer) want to check you out.. asking name birthdate address?
- Answer or No?

example #2: you are in the police station, they are doing paper work. They ask
for your name, address, birthdate, social security #. ANSWER?? or just remain
silent until you meet with a lawyer??

thanks..
BOOSTEDseven is offline Quote

Old 07-29-2008, 05:36 AM #32
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
In the US you HAVE to tell a police officer your name. If asked you also have to give a BRIEF description of why you are in an area.....

Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 PM #33
BOOSTEDseven

BOOSTEDseven is on a distinguished road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

know your rights and be ready..
BOOSTEDseven is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2008, 05:51 PM #34
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermonkey
i had un-uniformed cops come to my house and tell me that if i didn't let them in they were going to pick my child up from school and place her in protective services. they claimed to already have evidence against me. my attorney told me that cooperating made it possible for him to get me a deal. i ended up with 3 weeks road crew and a $105 fine for 200+ plants and distribution. the real punishment was the $7500 legal bill. i still don't know if i could have gotten away with closing the door in their faces, once they threatened my kid i folded like a little bitch. priorities, eh?

do y'all think they were lying or can they involve family services before they place me under arrest? i still play that day over and over in my head.
I have to assume if they really had what they said they did they would have showed with a warrant. But as you say, threatening to remove your child from his home changes the rules. Looking out for your children is priority one and you should be proud of that. It's tough to gamble losing your children and having them live that trauma....

Old 08-04-2008, 02:20 AM #35
clowntown
Banned

clowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really niceclowntown is just really nice
Bumping a great thread...
clowntown is offline Quote

Old 08-30-2008, 02:55 PM #36
nut

nut is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTEDseven
quick question.

- Answer or No?

thanks..
In the u.k you do not have to give your name if you are stopped the only time you have to give your name is if you are driving a vehicle failing to do so will result in arrest, but if you are out walking and a copper stops you he must tell you why he stopped you and have good reason to search you e.g you fit a description of someone who as just committed a crime in that area or if they suspect you are carrying drugs etc they are then supposed to fill out a form to say why they stopped you and where and what time. you "DO NOT" have to say your name or address although this will make it almost imposable to be granted bail until you have been up in front of the judge usually 9am the next day 8-) if you have done nothing wrong they "CAN NOT" arrest for failing to give out details about your self so do not be fooled by this.

if you have an house full off weed tell them you have no fixed abode and you live rough tell them anything just dont give your address for f***'s sake LOL
nut is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2008, 02:16 AM #37
tubby

tubby is on a distinguished road
good lookin out
tubby is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2008, 07:57 PM #38
Ajunta Pall
Pot smoking Force ghost

Ajunta Pall has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTEDseven
quick question.

- Answer or No?

thanks..

In the US the police have the power to stop and question people who are not under arrest. In that case you should ONLY give your full name and address. Other than that, you don't have to say shit. If you don't identify yourself, the pigs can arrest you.

In example 2 you are under arrest, and telling the pigs your name is the least of your worries. The best thing for you to do once you have told the pigs who you are is to shut the fuck up and wait to speak to your lawyer.
Ajunta Pall is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM #39
Sir D

Sir D will become famous soon enough
I gotta finish this one too
Sir D is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2008, 01:43 AM #40
Navigator330
Disturbed Abuser

Navigator330 will become famous soon enoughNavigator330 will become famous soon enough
From my experience, keeping your mouth shut and letting them do their job is key! I had a situation where a young cop arrested me and he talked me into giving myself up and i didnt even realize it! He told me if i didnt comply he would tell the judge.... well the asshole never even showed up in court!

Navigators 2009 Indoor GreenHouse, Anna C, CH9, Grapevine Seeds and More!
THE BOMB SHELTER 2008 Shutdown!

Navigator330 is offline Quote