Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube

Thread Title Search
Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2019, 10:42 PM #1
yoss33

yoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud of
Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube

Hello all sativa fans!
I keep a few cuts of a great Zamaldelica plant (Zam#3 from this thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352693) and decided to make some seeds from it to see what comes up. Even if the results are not very good, I could back-cross to it until I get what I like.

Last year I managed to pollinate the preflowers of 2 small clones indoor with a smelly unknown Ace Mix male to only produce what turns out to be 9 seeds. I started 3 of them (lets call them ZamAce) this season and they look and smell promising - thin leaves and sativa structure, and stem smells similar to the Zam mother's citric&not-citric tutti-frutti - in the 3 seedlings its again fruity but the sharp citric part is much softer.

I also have 4 Jarilla de Sinaloa seeds left and decided to grow them for producing more seeds and then perhaps do a selection from these in the following seasons. I found the couple of Jarilla plants grown by me and a friend to have the most authentic old-school mexican high from what I've grown and smoked. The potency was low (compared to modern standards) but the line seems to not have been selected at least for a few generations (from what I could understand from the user Sinaloa - the Mexican farmer himself that has kept and brought the line to the public), so maybe with some selection potency can be increased? We'll see...

I also plan to pollinate the Zam mother with Jarilla pollen and explore this pure-sativa combination. Zam's potency and Jarilla's clean effect and flavour could mix well.
"Wouldn't he remember his first home, what passed for wisdom there, and his fellow prisoners, and consider himself happy and them pitiable? And wouldn't he disdain whatever honors, praises, and prizes were awarded there to the ones who guessed best which shadows followed which? Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? Wouldn't it be said of him that he went up and came back with his eyes corrupted, and that it's not even worth trying to go up? And if they were somehow able to get their hands on and kill the man who attempts to release and lead up, wouldn't they kill him?"
yoss33 is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:50 PM #2
SolarLogos

SolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant futureSolarLogos has a brilliant future
Great plants and nice choice of sativa's. Pray for a bountiful harvest! I'm subbed.
Peace, God bless
And the award to the conqueror, if he also heeds the works of the Logos; that is, he observes the admonitions of the spiritual mind. He is absolute control and dominion over his lower forces and faculties in which he rules as with a rod of iron. And he receives the morning star, which symbolizes the divine love, that heralds the dawn of the coming day of full spiritual illumination.

Patience is a virtue and the hallmark of an experienced grower.
SolarLogos is offline Quote

Old 05-12-2019, 11:03 PM #3
yoss33

yoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud ofyoss33 has much to be proud of
The lankiest of the 3 ZamAces:

The shortest of the 3 turned out male, which not only started with 3 blades per leave and quickly went up to 11 in the same small cup, but also showed preflowers as soon as the 3rd node. In general all 3 plants share the mother's quick and profuse preflowering. Showing definite sex early can be so convenient.

The 2 females were transplanted outdoors and will be grown in the bushes, perhaps without much care, just to be able to harvest something and check their flowering period and high.

The male has a very attractive version of the tutti-frutti stem smell - with predominant unmistakable sour (morello)cherry. I'm curious what flowering smell this will transform into! Never smelled cherry neither on buds nor stems, only remember reading about cherry phenos of hybrids like AK47.
"Wouldn't he remember his first home, what passed for wisdom there, and his fellow prisoners, and consider himself happy and them pitiable? And wouldn't he disdain whatever honors, praises, and prizes were awarded there to the ones who guessed best which shadows followed which? Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? Wouldn't it be said of him that he went up and came back with his eyes corrupted, and that it's not even worth trying to go up? And if they were somehow able to get their hands on and kill the man who attempts to release and lead up, wouldn't they kill him?"
yoss33 is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 PM #4
YukonKronic

YukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant futureYukonKronic has a brilliant future
So weird. Just read through your thread on Zam 3 by the Danube and when I return to forum menu there’s this thread! I’m subbed.
I’ve been working ZamxGuatemala so your Mexican cross is interesting to me.

Guatemalan tamed structure contributed strawberry and sour Terps and made the high more goofy and less scary while still maintaining “the weird”. I also found the hybrids eat better and have a little bigger heavier buds.

Good luck!

I'm NOT crazy.... it's just I've been smoking this fuckn jungle
trip shit fer weeks now...

Change is the single constant. There is only One existence. One Self. One Love. One Truth.

Life is a Garden. Don’t throw too much shit on at once. Plant some seed and keep on digging it.

The YukonKronicle
YukonKronic is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 AM #5
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant futureSyd Barrett has a brilliant future
Good luck yoss! I've also had zam males start with 5 tip leaves...
Syd Barrett is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 05:22 AM #6
RizlaMan

RizlaMan is a jewel in the roughRizlaMan is a jewel in the roughRizlaMan is a jewel in the roughRizlaMan is a jewel in the roughRizlaMan is a jewel in the roughRizlaMan is a jewel in the rough
Good luck!
RizlaMan is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2019, 02:19 AM #7
ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond reputeThaiBliss has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Yoss,

Subbed and looking forward to how this year's grow develops. I'm also curious how the extended cure is affecting the Zam #3 high, if any.

B.T.W., I put a Zamaldelica in the ground hoping for a harvest before the fall frost. Your bravery is inspiring, and helped me to harvest some very high quality bud that was harvested sometime just before mid November. I lost about 2/3 of the buds to a hard freeze, but the 1/3 I harvested was hands down the best bud from last year.

Best of luck this year my friend!

ThaiBliss

Looking for Lost Strains: Seeing God; Pinecone

The Search for Trip Weed: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278209
ThaiBliss is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:09 AM #8
yoss33

Thanks, guys!

Hey, ThaiBliss, hope this will not disappoint, but the Zam is getting more "normal" in effect with curing. It's not so devastating and mind twisting as it was in the beginning, still very potent weed though. I remember experiencing the same with Panama Haze when it was devastating in a very potent dreamy way in the beginning, and became more clean and speedy after a year of curing.
And it's not that I'm getting used to the effect, because close friends of mine that are occasional smokers and have smoked Zam after harvest, and recently, also comment that it's not so "strong and strange" (described simply) now.
As to what exactly is the effect now, I find it hard to define, because it's quite different and unpredictable every time. Sometimes it's stimulating and exciting with possible flashes of maniac crazy feel, other times it's "dense" and introvert, even smoking from the same bud on different occasions, many times it's just a bit more powerful mental (thinking) sativa. It continues to surprise how high can you get from one hit from the pipe in the evening despite of smoking the whole day before that. I expect the first smoke session to be the strongest, but not here - the first smoke in the morning is usually on the energetic and motivating side, and as the day progresses, the high becomes heavier and more devastating, still from the same quantity. Something like reverse tolerance.
I find it very nice to smoke when I'm physically tired, like during and after working in the garden, it alleviates all heaviness. But is not so good when I'm mentally tired, like from problems at work, then its effect is unpleasant. Panama Haze is much much nicer in such cases.
And here's a recent photo of Zam#3, getting ready to receive pollen from ZamAce#3, I like how thin the leaves become at flowering, similar to the photos I've seen of its mother - the Gerrit's Zamal cut:
yoss33 is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:20 AM #9
yoss33

ZamAce#2 (left) and #1 (right):

ZamAce#2:

These are quickly getting too big (although topped once), I really don't need them so big, so they'll soon be trimmed seriously...

The last photo of ZamAce#3 male, which already dropped its pollen which was used on a Zam#3 clone. I forgot to take a photo of it while flowering..
yoss33 is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:32 AM #10
yoss33

The Jarillas turned to be quite unstable sexually. I intentionally didn't pamper them too much, they were left to dry on a few occasions, were not fed well, were too pressed between my tomatoe seedlings, tops overgrowing the lights, etc., so that I could select only plants more resistant to stress... well, Jarilla#1 first showed male pre-flowers and started flowering as a male, then went full hermie and was sacked; Jarilla#3 first showed female pre-flowers and started flowering as a female, but went full hermie and was killed too; Jarilla#2 is flowering as a male though with a few pistils protruding here and there, and is kept; Jarilla#4 is the only one to not show any hermie traits, is flowering as a complete female, and was yesterday pollinated (together with a Zam#3 clone) with pollen from Jarilla#2.

Jarilla#2 male:

Jarilla#4 female:
yoss33 is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.