Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Cloning with JJScorpio

Thread Title Search
Cloning with JJScorpio Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 PM #21

I think whats more interesting... but less proof...

Is folks believe that high phos helps rooting....

Personally once they have roots they need phos but I dont think it helps at all for cloning...

As a side note.... I have never let my cloner go beyond 14 days....

Temps being an important part of the process...

If you are having troubles cloning and you are doing everything the same as your mentor... its probably temps....

your medium a couple degrees +- 80f is perfect imo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJScorpio
I have a friend that tried it, and he didn't rave about it, lol. I think it boils down to the proper, heat, moisture and light. I could probably bring the temps up some and get cuttings to root faster, but then you up your chances of bacteria killing them.

Yup thats it in a nutshell....

Last edited by budleydoright; 01-11-2007 at 07:19 PM..

Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 PM #22
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
A few months back I tried the perlite/vermiculite mix and the most of them rooted after 21 days and a few didnt root until after day 30. There wasnt any green left in the leaves whatsoever. They were so far gone they couldnt rejuvinate. The problem with that mix is there is very little, if any oxygen getting to the stem.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:42 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJScorpio
I have a friend that tried it, and he didn't rave about it, lol. I think it boils down to the proper, heat, moisture and light. I could probably bring the temps up some and get cuttings to root faster, but then you up your chances of bacteria killing them.
Thats to bad because I was going to try some in perfume sample containers. 1 clone per vial filled with clonex matrix and a foam cap to hold clone in place. I figured I could use a big piece of styrofoam to hold as many as I want, as I have like 6 or 7 varities growing and at least 5 unsexed plants of each

thanks for the info..

Old 01-11-2007, 07:45 PM #24

Well that is a point we disagree...

I have a cloning thread in this forum....

I use pure fine vermiculite.... and my clones root faster than any other method Ive tried and most certainly pure verm has less oxygen in the root zone than perl and verm...

Heres 9 days...

Old 01-11-2007, 08:22 PM #25
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

JJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant futureJJScorpio has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned Silly
Thats to bad because I was going to try some in perfume sample containers. 1 clone per vial filled with clonex matrix and a foam cap to hold clone in place. I figured I could use a big piece of styrofoam to hold as many as I want, as I have like 6 or 7 varities growing and at least 5 unsexed plants of each

thanks for the info..
Hold on Stoned, lol. I said I knew a friend that tried it, but one persons opinion means nothing. I would like to see you try it and let us know. We can't base our opinions on one persons experience. Give it a try and let us know.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:24 PM #26
Tunefull

Tunefull will become famous soon enough
Hello all
Nice and easy guide JJS

Not sure if u mentioned anything about temps(if u did i missed it)
But i feel temps are pretty much the most important factor when trying to get cuttings to root...Even slightly to cold will delay things....

I know is a lot to ask
but one day maybe you will run a few experiments..Try a few in ANY medium,with no rooting hormones/no scarring or anything...Just nice warm temps....

I think as long as the temps are right,The ones with no scarring/rooting gel so on will root just as well as the others......

But yea the guide is just what u need to read when your first trying(its a confusing time)
Tunefull is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:28 PM #27

You could be right....

Oddly I didnt really know what my mediums temp was...

guessing I would have thought 76 to 80 degrees f...

I ran and bought a aquarium thermometer at walmart just this morning

and the shelf where my cloner sits is 83 degrees.... I just knew it worked really well....

my roots fly out of my plants....

Old 01-11-2007, 08:38 PM #28
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Hey Tune, thx for stopping in. I keep my temps between 70 and 75 degrees. The higher temps can lead to stemrot and yellowing of the leaves quicker. If you get a fungus started, it can get them all.

I did make a mistake, my wife said I did these clones on the 3rd, not the 1st as I thought. Pot smoking I guess, lol.

I checked a couple this morning and the roots are coming nicely. Here is a pic of one. As you see, there will be heavy rooting soon. There are numerous roots just breaking the plug. So this one took just under 8 days, which I think is faster then they usually show roots. Also notice how nice and green the leaves are.

Last edited by JJScorpio; 01-11-2007 at 08:40 PM..
JJScorpio is offline Quote

Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 PM #29

Those are looking good JJ.
One thing I would like to add is that the temps can easily be regulated with a heating mat. I have a simple heating mat from the drugstore that has been invaluable to me. My mat has 3 settings on it so depending on the room temps I can adjust the temps easily with a push of a button. I also like to put about a 1/2" of water in the bottom of my tray to help keep up the humidity. The heating mat also helps keep the rootzone warm and you rarely have to moisten the RapidRooters because of the high humidity.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 PM #30
JJScorpio
Thunderstruck

Good advice Indo. I dont use a heating mat because I have a small cabinet that stays room temperature with the one light. At night with the light off it goes down to 70. A heatmat is a great idea if the clones are in a cooler room.