What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smartest way to run 3 plants in a 4x4 tent

Hope I at least helped a little. I’ve learned so much from this site that I want to pay it forward if I can.
Sounds like some easy to grow stuff for someone new. I’m actually growing a couple bubba crosses at the moment.

You certainly have helped, thank you!

Do you think I should move the tent given the location below the bathroom? I'm fairly new to home ownership so I'm not sure how serious the risk is here.

It has never leaked before. I just figure in that spot, if a water pipe were to burst, it would fall right on top of the grow tent and her cords.

What kind of pipe is that? PVC seems like it would be drainage, so maybe a bit of a leak at worst?

Yep that's PVC. I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing as you can tell lol.

So if the cliche'd "pipe burst" happens, it wouldn't necessarily flood from those PVC drainage?

Feel free to lie to me here because I'm really not looking forward to moving the tent again lol.

Thanks for the reply!

indagroove

Veteran
Yep that's PVC. I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing as you can tell lol.

So if the cliche'd "pipe burst" happens, it wouldn't necessarily flood from those PVC drainage?

Feel free to lie to me here because I'm really not looking forward to moving the tent again lol.

Thanks for the reply!

Well, what's it connected to exactly? If it's a drain pipe, you might have leak issues when you take a shower or something, but if it's connected to pressurized water lines, it's a completely different thing. Like I said, PVC makes me think it's drainage, which means it's not pressurized at least, so no massive floods if it does leak. Whatever you do, don't bump it! LOL

Well, what's it connected to exactly? If it's a drain pipe, you might have leak issues when you take a shower or something, but if it's connected to pressurized water lines, it's a completely different thing. Like I said, PVC makes me think it's drainage, which means it's not pressurized at least, so no massive floods if it does leak. Whatever you do, don't bump it! LOL

I just had a look. You're exactly right, it's not pressurized! Woohoo!

...and you know I'm gonna bump it lol.

Thanks again brother.

'Boogieman'

Thanks for the reply!

I think you should move it, toilets often clog causing leakage around the wax ring, plastic water lines don't hold up like copper but at least you don't have any galvanized showing that is the worst. Also whoever put your drain together was very sloppy with the purple primer but it should be ok.

I think you should move it, toilets often clog causing leakage around the wax ring, plastic water lines don't hold up like copper but at least you don't have any galvanized showing that is the worst. Also whoever put your drain together was very sloppy with the purple primer but it should be ok.

Thank you!

I didn't want to hear that but I kinda suspected as much.

The only issue is that I set up a dedicated 15 amp breaker right next to where the grow tent currently sits.

I guess buy a 50 foot high-capacity extension cord and run it (elevated) along the wall with cable clamps?

'Boogieman'

You will probably be fine, I would set up a drainage tarp with a hose that leads to a bucket just to be extra safe but that's just me.

Another issue I just came across..turns out I can't exhaust out my basement window unless I completely replace said window. It's one of those little windows that only open half way...grrr.

It's a 4x4 tent running in LED's in an 800 square foot basement. The basement has a few small cracks here and there and.

Can I get away with just exhausting into the basement? Basement is 90% humidity right now but I have a dehumidifier for the grow tent..

Thanks!

indagroove

Veteran
Another issue I just came across..turns out I can't exhaust out my basement window unless I completely replace said window. It's one of those little windows that only open half way...grrr.

It's a 4x4 tent running in LED's in an 800 square foot basement. The basement has a few small cracks here and there and.

Can I get away with just exhausting into the basement? Basement is 90% humidity right now but I have a dehumidifier for the grow tent..

Thanks!

How big is the opening when half-way? Can't you still vent out of it by rigging something up? What's the problem exactly? It might get hot down there with the dehumid running so hard and no exhaust. Also no exhaust generally means no fresh air.

How big is the opening when half-way? Can't you still vent out of it by rigging something up? What's the problem exactly? It might get hot down there with the dehumid running so hard and no exhaust. Also no exhaust generally means no fresh air.

Thanks. The window retracts "inward" (inside the basement) thus the gap to the outside world is <2 inches. Since I'm working with six inch ducting I'm not sure much air would be escaping anyway?...Also with it being as hot as it is outside here, I figured a semi-opened window with hot air coming in would just create more problems. Even bigger problems come winter, no?

Somehow it's 90F degrees outside and my basement is 64%F. My air conditioner is housed in the basement so I guess it's technically getting some air flow both ways around the house..not much, but some.

indagroove

Veteran
Thanks. The window retracts "inward" (inside the basement) thus the gap to the outside world is <2 inches. Since I'm working with six inch ducting I'm not sure much air would be escaping anyway?...Also with it being as hot as it is outside here, I figured a semi-opened window with hot air coming in would just create more problems. Even bigger problems come winter, no?

Somehow it's 90F degrees outside and my basement is 64%F. My air conditioner is housed in the basement so I guess it's technically getting some air flow both ways around the house..not much, but some.

Maybe something like this would work, then mask off the rest of the openings with plywood cut to size: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-...90-Degree-Register-Box-90RB12X2-2X6/100151049