Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Help with mini split size

Thread Title Search
Help with mini split size Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2020, 10:38 PM #1
dbmoney

dbmoney is on a distinguished road
Help with mini split size

I am building a 8x8 or 10x10 grow room in my garage it will be insulated very well I will have 2 tents in there one for veg one for flower I am going to run 1 mh/hps in each tent 400watt I am wanting to put mini split in the room but dont know what size btu to go with I want the mini split to have an inverter also I am deciding on running c02 havnt made my mind up on this part yet I need help with what size btu to install I know with a house centeral unit if u over size it will cause issues not sure I'f it is the same with a mini split please help
dbmoney is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2020, 10:48 PM #2
kumo_kuma

kumo_kuma is on a distinguished road
2 400 watts? A 12,000 BTU unit would do it easily. Traditionally, growers have figured and 4btu/watt, but I usually go by the ClimaGrow figure of 5.5btu/watt.
kumo_kuma is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:51 PM #3
kumo_kuma

kumo_kuma is on a distinguished road
With the inverter tech, I think you pretty much do away with the shortcomings of oversized whole home units, because you aren't constantly cycling on/off.
kumo_kuma is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:48 PM #4
dbmoney

dbmoney is on a distinguished road
Yeas 2 400s to start with wanting to go led down the road
dbmoney is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2020, 01:24 AM #5
Asslover

Asslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to allAsslover is a name known to all
Sounds like he’s trying to cool a room with 2 tents in it? Idk but even with an inverter unit you’d want to size it correctly or it will short cycle...

Old 07-05-2020, 01:11 AM #6
Corn Planter

Corn Planter is a jewel in the roughCorn Planter is a jewel in the roughCorn Planter is a jewel in the roughCorn Planter is a jewel in the roughCorn Planter is a jewel in the roughCorn Planter is a jewel in the rough
Really depends on the size of your garage not so much the tents, and where do you live climate wise. Garages are not insulted like indoor living space, even though you say insulated. I wouldn’t do any less than 18,000 btu(1.5 Ton) if larger 2 car garage in south go for 24,000 (2 ton). If you ever get bigger lights or have heat issue you will be sorry you didn’t go bigger. 12,000 btu maybe ok in northern area, but sounds a little small to control light heat and garage heat loads.
Corn Planter is offline Quote