What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Gross is Your Compost ?

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Banana Peels
Orange Peels
Coffee
Cannabis Buds
Redworms
Earthworms

The cardboard had a bunch of worms on it, so I just threw the cardboard in the box.

The gnarly brown mix in the plastic bin is about 1/2 way there, looks like worm castings & soil.

The Birds eat most of the food scraps, so this is for composting food scraps they can't each. And actually they eat most of the food scraps.

I have another picture of the 4 cans this is being prepared for.

I dug out about 1/2 the soil to make room for a new batch of soil on the top.

Oh man I can't wait till the worms multiply a few more generations ! :groupwave:

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_080650_regen.jpg
    IMG_20200606_080650_regen.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
T

TakenByTheSky

It looks a little muddy like it's not getting enough air flow.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nah, not sloppy or stinky....just egg shells, dried leaves, clipped green grass (no fertilizer), coffee grounds and pulled weeds covered with last years soil....them earth worms know where to find the goodies! ;o)

You need to have a good ratio of carbon to nitrogen for the worms to be happy. I add food to mine once a week in layers. First the scraps then a mix of sand, clay, and peatmoss over the top just enough to lightly cover the scraps. Then add a 2 in layer of dry grass clippings or dry leaves on top. Cover with a fine mesh screan to keep out bugs and birds. Here is a link to my full blog on vermicomposting.
http://www.EnergeneticsOldWorldFarm.com/worm-farm/

Latest posts

Latest posts