What's new

supersoil question

hello, i wanted to build my first soil Coots style but i messed the amount of amendments , ive used almost a cup for cubic foot instead of half..
precisely ive mixed

80lt light mix biobiz with perlite

30lt ewc
10 tl rice husks
tot 120 lt ca 4cubic ft
some biochar

3.5 cup fish meal
3.5 cup crustacean mea l
3.5 cup neem meal
3.5 cup frass

3.5 cup kelp meal

7cup mineral mix

apart from my house smelling really bad i guess its doing what it is supposed to do, reaching temperature around 140f , 60c...
my question is would itbe too strong to use in few weeks time , should i cut iu out a littllr with some more light mix and add minerals?
thanks.

thanks troutman!
so i shoulnt worry too much, just wa it till the temps drop down...i gave it a mix today and hell its hot!
hopefully it will cool down for the time ill need it, 2-3 weeks...

its been 3-4 days now and the temperature is definately going down..
is it ok? pardon my silly questions but its my first proper supersoil..

MindEater

If you used twice as much amendments as you meant to, then double up on the medium. Your house shouldn't smell like a crab factory once the nutrients are mixed in. If the heat drops after a few days, stir up the soil again. Keep moisture in the goldilocks zone, enough that condensation will form on the lid of your container but the soil isn't soggy or clumpy.

I once potted some cuts in freshly mixed soil that had ran too dry and wasn't cooked enough. When I watered the pots everything went to shit, pulled them out and the root balls were hot to the touch.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it's fine, use it. that recipe is for coot's mix not supersoil tho, it works good.

here's some ECSD grown in a similar mix.
picture.php

and some SFV OGK.
picture.php

wow nice buds chunky!
yes actually i was tryin to follow coots recipe...pardon my stupidity but whats the difference between coots and supersoil? i thought that any heavy amended soil wascalled supersoil..
thanks

St. Phatty

they used to sell a soil called Supersoil at Home Depot.

but I guess if it's organic, Same Term - Different Soil ?