What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neuromyelitis Optica (Devic’s syndrome) and cannabis

Brother Nature

Hi all, I'm hoping someone out there in ICmag land can help shed some light on this subject. My mother has recently been diagnosed with Neuromyelitis Optica, it's somewhat related to MS, but a more distinct condition that causes the immune system to react against the optic nerves and sometimes the spinal cord. Apparently it can be a bit worse than MS and has a 30% fatality rate. Basically, it makes you blind and then you start to loose control of your nervous system.

I've seen a few articles recommending cannabis as a sort of treatment, but haven't found anything I'd put my weight behind aside from the fact it causes an elevation in endocannabinoids 2-AG and anandamide.

If anyone out there reading this has a decent grasp on the medicinal aspects of cannabis I'd really love to discuss this with them more. Really, If anyone can help I'd appreciate something to at least help alleviate her suffering.

Galaxy420

Hi all, I'm hoping someone out there in ICmag land can help shed some light on this subject. My mother has recently been diagnosed with Neuromyelitis Optica, it's somewhat related to MS, but a more distinct condition that causes the immune system to react against the optic nerves and sometimes the spinal cord. Apparently it can be a bit worse than MS and has a 30% fatality rate. Basically, it makes you blind and then you start to loose control of your nervous system.

I've seen a few articles recommending cannabis as a sort of treatment, but haven't found anything I'd put my weight behind aside from the fact it causes an elevation in endocannabinoids 2-AG and anandamide.

If anyone out there reading this has a decent grasp on the medicinal aspects of cannabis I'd really love to discuss this with them more. Really, If anyone can help I'd appreciate something to at least help alleviate her suffering.

here is duckduckgo link search https://duckduckgo.com/?q=neuromyelitis+optica+treatments+cannabis&t=ffcm&atb=v165-1&ia=web
hope it helps