What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Other forums on the topic of organic growing?

Does anyone know of other forums that are on the topic of organic growing/gardening, soil biology, making various teas, etc that has more members and more activity/discussion than this place does?

This place doesn't have a lot of activity and I often have questions and things I ponder about that don't get much input...I'm wondering if there are some other forums out there that are centered around organic growing/gardening (and not necessarily in regards to growing cannabis) with more activity than here...?...

I haven't actually looked around yet, figured I'd ask to see if any of ya'll know of some other places?

starke

Wow! Slam the site and ask for help at the same time. Little short on manners but I'll give you credit for a deuce-and-a-half full of balls. Ever heard of Google?

St. Phatty

take a class in hot composting at the local Community College.

try to find a Soil Science person who can explain Dirt.

somebody who actually knows (and can spell the names of) all the different kinds of bacteria.

someone who can explain what happens when we over-nute our plants with Love & get low-pH run off.

Also there is a lot of Organic experience at ICMag.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I love Icmag. Love the community of growers that help each other on the boards and off-line.
I've have learned alot here, and have alot more to learn from y'all.
But you gotta admit, the organic forum isn't as active as it was years ago.
Those threads used to be hopping!

KIS

I don't believe you are allowed to link to other forums as part of the terms of use just FYI. It seems like forums have fallen off in the past 5-10 years as many growers moved to instagram (or at least it seems that way to me).

mexweed

Veteran
there's just not much new stuff to add, everyone is either doing some sort of bottled fish smoothie, Sub's super soil, one of the organic mixes from the stickies here/Coot's, or they've figured out their own version, there's the living soil KNF growers that I would say are still in the minority

then there are the old school guys that have only ever grown outdoor with backyard garden compost and don't use the internet much

there are probably tons of youtube videos and .edu pages with information, a lot of books available as free pdf

Klompen

It is a bit sad how slow the forums can be these days, but it would help if people would try to recruit newer members when possible. Too many people want stuff these days that they can view on their phones and use centralized logins like FB or whatever. Its annoying honestly, and has really degraded the quality of the internet in some regards.

One possible solution would be for all the big grow sites to get together and make a multipass sort of login that works on all of the participating sites. Growers Network or some such. That way if you have credentials to log in to IC Mag, Grass City, rollitup, etc, you could just use a unified login so one username and password at least gives posting access to all those sites.

St. Phatty

Does anyone know of other forums that are on the topic of organic growing/gardening, soil biology, making various teas, etc that has more members and more activity/discussion than this place does?

ask questions in the Speaker's Corner.

most of the people there have experience growing Organic.

but once you get past the wonders of Hot Composting, and learn to make your own soil, and when to cut corners & buy it, which sources of Phosphorus are cheap but effective (bone meal) ... well there's only so much to talk about.

the person that taught me about hot composting, was a retired professor of Soil Science.

MIT has their Soil Science classes online (assuming they have a Soil Science department somewhere).

Latest posts

Latest posts